Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:52:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, I'm new to the BTC scene  (Read 2352 times)
MrBtcSenior

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:47:34 PM

Do you think that buy and hold is the best option only in this particular period or will be the same also in the future?

♬-♬-♬-♬ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Earn up to 0.05 btc/week by posting in the LTB forum!!! ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ♬-♬-♬-♬ --------->
<--------- LTB coin now traded on Poloniex!!!
whitefly

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:01:40 PM

Hey there Jenna, and welcome Smiley
Enjoy your stay here, and read some sticky topics.
zhinkk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:05:16 PM

Do you think that buy and hold is the best option only in this particular period or will be the same also in the future?

If you believe in bitcoin, it should be the general rule for a while. Bitcoin is limited in supply and generally, if it "succeeds", will be worth way more in the future than it is now.
burekzastonj

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:05:20 PM

Hi Jenna and wellcome to the BTC world, it will be a bit hard to get any ''free'' BTC, but you may earn some (i don't recommend you to mine them since it can be really hard to get any without a decent investment in mining gear). Enjoy staying here Wink
JennaK (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:05:28 PM

Thank you Smiley
JennaK (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:20:42 PM

What would be a good sha256 investment? I'm Canadian and I'd like to buy from Canada. Would be cool to be able to use my credit card too.
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 09:22:28 PM

congratulations

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Magicman420

Activity: 309

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:50:42 PM

Welcome.. Never been to Canada Sad
JennaK (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:53:29 PM

Canada is beautiful during the summer!
nxtpoker

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:54:21 PM

YOu are not out of place, ui are just late to the party  Wink warm welcome to the community
nxtpoker

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:01:24 PM

What would be a good sha256 investment? I'm Canadian and I'd like to buy from Canada. Would be cool to be able to use my credit card too.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 02:48:05 AM

Hi! Welcome to Bitcointalk. I am from Kerala,India. So are you going to mine BTC or earn from other things like faucet?
Kindly,
      MZ

soccosocco

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:49:04 AM

yes Greetings also jenna
I am also new on bitcoin, precisely in the month of april
I'm male and I am from Bogor, Indonesia
I am looking for BTC of signatures, trading etc..
But not faucet because it's a very long collect BTC
FattyMcButterpants

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:58:54 AM

what are you talking about specifically.... miners? to be honest, the big farms will always be 10 steps ahead of you, and they will kill your ROI. but, i could be wrong, too. Smiley
whitefly

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:20:03 PM

what are you talking about specifically.... miners? to be honest, the big farms will always be 10 steps ahead of you, and they will kill your ROI. but, i could be wrong, too. Smiley
Generally, bitcoin mining is dead for individuals, however, there are some altcoins which may be mined with profit.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 03:57:34 PM

Generally, bitcoin mining is dead for individuals, however, there are some altcoins which may be mined with profit.

Who told you 'bitcoin mining is dead for individuals' ? Huh Smiley Many people are still mining. The problem is you will have to buy best miners on the market, which will cost you some $$$ . You can't tell it is dead but you can tell it is dead for individuals with small hash rate. Smiley

Kindly,
      MZ

Minnlo

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:18:13 PM

Who told you 'bitcoin mining is dead for individuals' ? Huh Smiley Many people are still mining. The problem is you will have to buy best miners on the market, which will cost you some $$$ . You can't tell it is dead but you can tell it is dead for individuals with small hash rate. Smiley

Kindly,
      MZ

The problem is that you can hardly get any profit from buying those ASICs, after considering the increasing difficulty and your electricity bills.

redHeadBlunder

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:21:32 PM

Kindly,
      MZ

The problem is that you can hardly get any profit from buying those ASICs, after considering the increasing difficulty and your electricity bills.
Today bitcoin mining is a zero sum game. The real only way yo profit from mining is if you have cheaper then average electricity or free electricity available.
Minnlo

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:24:41 PM

The real only way yo profit from mining is if you have cheaper then average electricity or free electricity available.

But then, it will make bitcoin mining more and more centralized as only those with significant money to buy newest ASICs and cheap electricity will join the game.

JennaK (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:25:50 PM

Where could I buy a S2 or S3 miner in Canada for cheap!?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: