Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:09:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PES] Pesa - Anonymous Coin - No Premine - Dynamic Interest - PoStr  (Read 181785 times)
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:46:16 AM

1M Pesa & 4 Btc

We only need 0.25btc to reach the first milestone.

twitter @antiiclimax

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinfello
Legendary

Activity: 1274

FLAT OUT!!!

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:26:21 PM

hi guys havent posted in here before, been holding pesa this long time now, when i get a bit of btc freed up i will donate some, i hope others will do the same, im sure between us all we have plenty of btc.
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:22:22 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2014, 12:48:18 AM by JakeThePanda

Hi All,

Unfortunately it doesn't look like anyone was willing to donate to Whive for the new roadmap other than me and a couple of others, but most of the donations were coming from my end.  The deal was for me to send the donations once the new OP, finalized white paper and roadmap were delivered.  It doesn't look like that's going to happen.  I'm a serious person and when things are supposed to get done I expect them done if I'm going to spend my hard earned money.  You guys should probably reach out to Whive if you want to donate to him and try to revive this project.  I'm sorry it didn't work out. I tried.

Don't send any donations to the addresses previously posted, not that anyone was going to.  Cheesy
Battareus

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:03:28 AM

Hi All,

Unfortunately it doesn't look like anyone was willing to donate to Whive for the new roadmap other than me and a couple of others, but most of the donations were coming from my end.  The deal was for me to send the donations once the new OP, finalized white paper and roadmap were delivered.  It doesn't look like that's going to happen.  I'm a serious person and when things are supposed to get done I expect them done if I'm going to spend my hard earned money.  You guys should probably reach out to Whive if you want to donate to him and try to revive this project.  I'm sorry it didn't work out. I tried.

Don't send any donations to the addresses previously posted, not that anyone was going to.  Cheesy
Look to sqc, i already donate him and do not regret.
whive

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:26:33 AM

I feel Jake's pain!!! Due to lack of donations upon release of roadmap and whitepaper the new devs will now have to withdraw their support.

These devs had the right experience having worked on different global mobile money projects and the right interest and programming skills however they had not been involved in Crypto hence to pay them some minimum stipends in BTC and Pesa for the 2 month revival work. 4BTC and 1M Pesa was very reasonable for the roadmap highlighted. Other devs on this forum ask for hundreds of BTC.

Anyway wish you guys all the best as I don't see any need continuing in a project with no community support.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:28:11 AM

I feel Jake's pain!!! Due to lack of donations upon release of roadmap and whitepaper the new devs will now have to withdraw their support.

These devs had the right experience having worked on different global mobile money projects and the right interest and programming skills however they had not been involved in Crypto hence to pay them some minimum stipends in BTC and Pesa for the 2 month revival work. 4BTC and 1M Pesa was very reasonable for the roadmap highlighted. Other devs on this forum ask for hundreds of BTC.

Anyway wish you guys all the best as I don't see any need continuing in a project with no community support.

You guys made a very poor offer that most wouldn't even remotely want as presented:

-- No one knows who you are, any of you.

-- You as for money, not much but some, with not even a remote guarantee that anything will actually be delivered.

Just because people are left with no options it doesn't mean they would take what looks like way worse than doing nothing...

Here's how you do this when you really want to do it:

-- We are going to work on reviving PESA for 2 months and we require full support from the community. Price of PESA is 100 SAT. If we get the price to 1,000 sat in 2 months time, the community will donate to us 5 million pesa. 10% of which, 500,000 will be donated now as a good will gesture and kept in escrow by the top holder, Jake the Panda. If we get the price to 2,000 sat or beyond, 6 months, additional 5 million PESA will be donated to us by the community.

How about that?

If you deliver, you will be handsomely compensated; if you don't, you wont. That's incentive. That's how thinks get done.
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:08:23 PM

You guys made a very poor offer that most wouldn't even remotely want as presented:

-- You as for money, not much but some, with not even a remote guarantee that anything will actually be delivered.

Just because people are left with no options it doesn't mean they would take what looks like way worse than doing nothing...

-- We are going to work on reviving PESA for 2 months and we require full support from the community. Price of PESA is 100 SAT. If we get the price to 1,000 sat in 2 months time, the community will donate to us 5 million pesa. 10% of which, 500,000 will be donated now as a good will gesture and kept in escrow by the top holder, Jake the Panda. If we get the price to 2,000 sat or beyond, 6 months, additional 5 million PESA will be donated to us by the community.

How about that?

If you deliver, you will be handsomely compensated; if you don't, you wont. That's incentive. That's how thinks get done.

I have to agree with barabbas in that donations should be in Pesa only. It would ensure your motivation in staying with the project.  Whive, in our skype conversations, a bunch of us were trying to tell you that it would be easier and actual more appropriate for the donations to be in Pesa only.  

With that being said, I was willing to float 1 btc to Whive and the team.  But, the deal was for donations to be released after the milestones were completed.  The first milestone, which we all agreed on, was for a new OP, white paper and roadmap.  Once completed I would release the funds.  I think that's fair considering most people that have been in coins I'm involved in know I'm good for it and have no problem donating.  At first, Whive said the white paper and OP would be done up with graphics and then he reneged saying it's too much work for the designers.  My first thought is that people do graphics and logos all the time on bitcointalk for free, but I was willing to let that go.  The major red flag for me was when I see that you weren't going to do the new OP and finalized white paper until I released the donations.  That wasn't the deal.  The deal was delivery and then release.  I'm glad this happened now and not after I wasted btc.  If just creating an OP is too much work without the release of the funds I'm sure you would have held any future development hostage without a donation release.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:30:03 PM

Run, don't walk. You finally got it and it seems just in time.

Was that you, Carlos? It sure does carry your signature...
btcsnippers

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 01:11:50 PM

22 posts and u want upfront everything .. hmm let me think about that for a second.

Id support barabas's deal we jam a bunch of shit into escrow with jaketp , i dont know him but ive seen him around the forums enough to make me think hes legit.
Then u get to work , if u need or want marketing graphics or whatever the community will find a way to get it done all u focus on is development.
Then if we get to the 2k sats price , jake will payout the 1m pesa and ill trhow in a btc as well (after we are over 2k sats for a week)
If u feel this is beyond your capabilitys then dont take the job , if u feel u need to be paid upfront before delivering anything u can just F-off.

JJyarr

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:41:38 PM

22 posts and u want upfront everything .. hmm let me think about that for a second.

Id support barabas's deal we jam a bunch of shit into escrow with jaketp , i dont know him but ive seen him around the forums enough to make me think hes legit.
Then u get to work , if u need or want marketing graphics or whatever the community will find a way to get it done all u focus on is development.
Then if we get to the 2k sats price , jake will payout the 1m pesa and ill trhow in a btc as well (after we are over 2k sats for a week)
If u feel this is beyond your capabilitys then dont take the job , if u feel u need to be paid upfront before delivering anything u can just F-off.

+1
DLow

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:33:03 PM

How about that?

I have to agree with barabbas in that donations should be in Pesa only. It would ensure your motivation in staying with the project.  Whive, in our skype conversations, a bunch of us were trying to tell you that it would be easier and actual more appropriate for the donations to be in Pesa only.  

With that being said, I was willing to float 1 btc to Whive and the team.  But, the deal was for donations to be released after the milestones were completed.  The first milestone, which we all agreed on, was for a new OP, white paper and roadmap.  Once completed I would release the funds.  I think that's fair considering most people that have been in coins I'm involved in know I'm good for it and have no problem donating.  At first, Whive said the white paper and OP would be done up with graphics and then he reneged saying it's too much work for the designers.  My first thought is that people do graphics and logos all the time on bitcointalk for free, but I was willing to let that go.  The major red flag for me was when I see that you weren't going to do the new OP and finalized white paper until I released the donations.  That wasn't the deal.  The deal was delivery and then release.  I'm glad this happened now and not after I wasted btc.  If just creating an OP is too much work without the release of the funds I'm sure you would have held any future development hostage without a donation release.

Completely agree. I own a few ten thousand, would be willing to donate if escrow is provided.

Sure no one likes working for free, but this is crypto. We are used to getting everything for free. I'd be delighted to see PESA revived and living up to its original idea. But how many times have we seen this end badly?
btcsnippers

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 10:46:11 PM

How about that?

Completely agree. I own a few ten thousand, would be willing to donate if escrow is provided.

Sure no one likes working for free, but this is crypto. We are used to getting everything for free. I'd be delighted to see PESA revived and living up to its original idea. But how many times have we seen this end badly?

Well u need to change some numbers in that deal with total supply @ 20mln we cant be expected to donate 50% to the new devs.
but 5% @ 1million seems reasonable.

deephouse

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 11:50:06 PM

If you don't donations under PESA, then it is of no point. If the dev themselves don't believe the price of the coin will rise then there is no point.

Battareus

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:05:02 AM

If you don't donations under PESA, then it is of no point. If the dev themselves don't believe the price of the coin will rise then there is no point.
Not forget, 4 BTC only for new pictures in topic  Cheesy
iluvcrypto

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:12:29 AM

So sad, this has to come to an end. I was hoping I could buy some PESA with the new devs

SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:02:45 AM

+1

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
btcsnippers

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:12:18 PM

+1

It didnt look  like a serious offer , especially since they put in the donation addresses themselves , asking for BTC and Pesa upfront looks very scammy , not to surprising they didnt get enough donated.
If it had been Jakethepanda posting the addresses with him as escrow  then there would have been donations at least from me.

DLow

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:27:50 PM

+1

It didnt look  like a serious offer , especially since they put in the donation addresses themselves , asking for BTC and Pesa upfront looks very scammy , not to surprising they didnt get enough donated.
If it had been Jakethepanda posting the addresses with him as escrow  then there would have been donations at least from me.

Goodbye PESA. You didn't start out as a shitcoin but then you turned into the shittiest of them all. So sad.. :/
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:35:59 AM

Not forget, 4 BTC only for new pictures in topic  Cheesy

Someone mentioned having sunken ~3 BTC into this, hence the 4 BTC target. You know to throw good money after bad is to waste money.

Great radar you got there buddy. You know that job you always wanted as a detective in the FBI?  Don't take it.

Can I apply again? I think I got the right nose for the job now.
whive

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:18:21 PM

Hi Pesa Community Remnant,

Due to the events of the past few days(including an UNEXPECTED intervention from a Pesa Investor) I would like to make the following clarifications, comments and offer the following way forward:

Firstly the addresses I POSTED for donations belong to Jake as we(community in Skype) agreed that he was the best suited to hold the escrow. So there was no scam here Roll Eyes.

Jake and I fell out on the Issue on OP design as he insisted that it be included in the new OP. This was not possible as the designer was not fully sold on Crypto and needed some deposit which is the norm in design world as per my experience Undecided.

The new devs though competent in ALL the programming skills required have never been involved in Crypto and were skeptical on where Pesa was headed. Therefore there was a need for all of us to manage their risk by meeting some of there expenses over the next few months i.e. 4BTC and giving them a stake in Pesa i.e. 1M-PESA. Pesa was not enough as the value was so low that it could not guarrantee meeting their expenses during the revival period. I think any fair and objective person may have found this request reasonable.

This brings me to current events, I have witnessed alot of Pesa exchanging hands on Bittrex I even managed to snag an extra 300K Pesa myself which I will donate equally to the team of 3 remaining Pesa team members. Due to lack of CONFIDENCE in my person by key members of this community I am now reverting BACK to my Investor role in Pesa and will NOT be involved in day to day management as originally planned.  I may however contribute strategy and the SMS/USSD Gateway code when it is needed in the future.

I trust those who have been buying Pesa the past few days are more SERIOUS Investors and have some faith in the Whitepaper I wrote and shared a few days back here.

I also have got USD100 from the intervening Pesa Investor for them to meet their expenses during the delivery of the 2nd milestone. I hope the other new Investors will consider donating both BTC and Pesa to the devs once they FULLY deliver on the next milestone. This PEOPLE is RISKY/HEAVY/STRESSFUL work coming from the rock bottom, but if anyone can these guys can. They have built multiple solutions on top of M-Pesa in both Africa and Asia and I trust Crypto offers them an exciting opportunity to take mobile money to a decentralized platform according to the goals of the whitepaper.

Community support was and is KEY and I hope sufficient number of the community will be staking their coins(especially for the testnet) and assisting the devs along the way. Cool

Pesa will probably be DELISTED on Bittrex which may be a blessing in disguise as it will allow the devs to focus on building the decentralized mobile money platform while shifting focus away from the market price(FOR NOW) and greedy/desperate market gougers.

Indeed Pesa is a reasonably fairly distributed coin and with the recent dumps I am sure a revised analysis will reveal the coin to be even more fairly distributed. I personally have holdings of about 340K Pesa and I look forward to the day when Startups, Telcos and Exchanges will be attracted to hold Pesa because of the VALUE the devs will have added to the platform and not just UNREASONABLE SPECULATION!!!

So in conclusion having already contributed the Whitepaper to Pesa I now leave it in the hands of the devs who I expect will introduce themselves SHORTLY.To those of you who are BITTER with their experience in Pesa and sold all their holdings I wish you best of luck in your future Crypto endeavours; just REMEMBER like you I was and STILL am an Investor and I have done my best to save Pesa and I hope that you will be back as Investors at some point in the future...

Salute!
Whive

PESA WHITEPAPER 2:https://mega.co.nz/#!l5onzAxR!iQQbQdlJLBt2k2-xWExAlxiEAAoBHSDkt9tDvfOJ0yk

Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: