Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:48:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining profitability  (Read 1402 times)
cryptolaxy (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:22:59 AM

Hi, I wanted to know if mining alternate cryptocurrency is profitable. I intend to preorder some scrypt mining hardware from KNC.
Please advice me.

Thanks!!
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:23:41 AM

If you want to buy mining hardware then buy from the manufacturers who have Asics in their hand like gridseed etc. Don't go for the preorders as there is no exact deadline for asic release and chances of ROI become slim as long as these companies delay shipping.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:25:41 AM

In my opinion, you shouldn't because you sound like you have no idea on this subject, and you probably shouldn't put money into something you don't understand. You might as well give it to me.
cryptolaxy (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:37:41 AM

In my opinion, you shouldn't because you sound like you have no idea on this subject, and you probably shouldn't put money into something you don't understand. You might as well give it to me.
I could give you the money, if we can discuss how you'll make an investment.
byt411

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:38:48 AM

Depends on what you want to invest, and what returns you want. Also, period of time.
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:43:39 AM

Do your research very well before investing in cryptocurrency. By looking at your post , it seems you have very less about investing in crypto. Don't get with hype , as many people end up losing their money who don't know what they are doing with it by investing in any pre-order or scam coin. Read more about the crypto investment before investing your money . And don't listen to anyone who sells you any altcoin or miner before you do your homework on the subject.
cryptolaxy (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:44:02 AM

Depends on what you want to invest, and what returns you want. Also, period of time.
I'm new in this, what would you suggest?
cryptolaxy (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:48:55 AM

Do your research very well before investing in cryptocurrency. By looking at your post , it seems you have very less about investing in crypto. Don't get with hype , as many people end up losing their money who don't know what they are doing with it by investing in any pre-order or scam coin. Read more about the crypto investment before investing your money . And don't listen to anyone who sells you any altcoin or miner before you do your homework on the subject.
I could use some advice from you on what to invest in.
byt411

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:50:15 AM

I'm just going to give him personal opinions and guide him through pros and cons.

I could use some advice from you on what to invest in.

I invest in some altcoins that I believe will rise, and I do a bit of mining, if I am 100% sure I will profit. If not, no.
TheDragonSlayer

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:32:20 PM

Hi, I wanted to know if mining alternate cryptocurrency is profitable. I intend to preorder some scrypt mining hardware from KNC.
Please advice me.

Thanks!!

Not profitable at all, I believe it is worse then sha-256 asic right now..

cryptolaxy (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:41:30 PM

Please advice me.

Thanks!!

Any ideas on any profitable scrypt cloud mining service?
byt411

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:51:46 PM

Please advice me.

Thanks!!

That depends on your electricity price. You can't just pick up something and say "this is profitable".
cryptolaxy (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:04:00 PM

Please advice me.

Thanks!!

That depends on your electricity price. You can't just pick up something and say "this is profitable".

Yea. That's why I'm here for guidance. Could you guide me or recommend any service?
byt411

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:08:35 PM

Please advice me.

Thanks!!

Yea. That's why I'm here for guidance. Could you guide me or recommend any service?

Well, what is your electricity price? I need that for calculations.
cryptolaxy (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:47:15 PM

Please advice me.

Thanks!!

Well, what is your electricity price? I need that for calculations.

I have free electricity.
dspair

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:10:25 PM

Only ASIC manufacturers can make money from mining.
And buying altcoins is like playing a slot machine.
Good luck.
cryptolaxy (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:14:14 PM

Only ASIC manufacturers can make money from mining.
And buying altcoins is like playing a slot machine.
Good luck.
What do you advice I do?
dspair

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:18:48 PM

Nothing.

"The only winning move is not to play."
cryptolaxy (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:22:36 PM

Nothing.
Sad
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 04:39:48 PM

Please advice me.

Thanks!!
nope go away  Grin  Wink
(actually the more people mine them, the less profitable they are... so your question is a tricky one...  Grin)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: