Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:19:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Metalor 100g 999.9 fine Gold Bar Raffle  (Read 1201 times)
markj113 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:05:50 PM

Thought I would try something a little different.

Up for raffle is a 100g 999.9 fine Swiss made Metalor gold bar.

Comes complete with Metalor certificate of authenticity and the original bullion dealer receipt so no worries about authenticity.

The bar in the pic is the bar you will get if you win -

Terms :

Total number of tickets : 100
Cost per ticket : 0.1BTC
Deadline : August 30th

If all tickets have not sold by the deadline date funds will be returned.

Transparency

To keep the raffle transparent and fair I propose sending a randomized list of participants to one Escrow provider and allow an independent Escrow provider to pick the winning number.  After which the winner will be contacted for a delivery address.

Payment address for raffle tickets :

16TigtEQgBTArwnETBgcdFxLu6i2inbPZz

Please pm me the transaction I.D and number of tickets purchased.

Please avoid the clone name scammers doing the rounds on the forum and only send to the address listed above!

I am making a profit on the bar based on current gold/BTC ratio but by the closing date of the raffle who knows where we'll be  Smiley

Please keep posts on topic.

markj113 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:08:19 PM

Reserved for raffle participant list
WootKung

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:09:41 PM

it's pretty much impossible to to fairly because you can buy your own tickets and also rig the results (not saying you will) but....
markj113 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:11:19 PM

it's pretty much impossible to to fairly because you can buy your own tickets and also rig the results (not saying you will) but....

By letting trusted escrow members pick a winner from a randomized list removes me from the equation of picking the winner.

By buying my own ticket I increase the risk of not being chosen as a winner reducing the number of real tickets sold and making a loss.

I could upload a password protected zip file of the participants names thats date stamped to a file hosting site.  Then Theymos for example could pick a number between 1 and 100 and everyone is welcome to download that file after I post the password to see who won?

Unless someone can think of a better way of doing it.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 02:16:55 PM

By letting trusted escrow members pick a winner from a randomized list removes me from the equation of picking the winner.

By buying my own ticket I increase the risk of not being chosen as a winner reducing the number of real tickets sold and making a loss.

I could upload a password protected zip file of the participants names thats date stamped to file hosting site.  Then Theymos for example could pick a number between 1 and 100 and everyone is welcome to download that file after I post the password to see who won?

Unless someone can think of a better way of doing it.

Who is the escrow?  I am kind of interested in this raffle, but not really interested in putting my bitcoins away for a month.
markj113 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:18:56 PM

open to using anyone trusted, Ognasty for example?

A month is the max time, if the tickets sell in a few days we'll get it done Wink
BitchImightbe

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:20:16 PM

http://www.bitgild.com/100g-gold-bullion-perth-mint-gold-bar-with-certificate.html

7.14BTC for a new one with certificate.
100x0.1 = 10BTC on the raffle, talk about huge profit  Roll Eyes
markj113 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:21:24 PM

http://www.bitgild.com/100g-gold-bullion-perth-mint-gold-bar-with-certificate.html

7.14BTC for a new one with certificate.
100x0.1 = 10BTC on the raffle, talk about huge profit  Roll Eyes

Ill refer you to my original post -

"I am making a profit on the bar based on current gold/BTC ratio but by the closing date of the raffle who knows where we'll be.

BTC is volatile, would you like to gamble on what the price will be in 1 months time?

International insured and tracked shipping is also included.

Its a bit of fun and a gamble, could win a nice gold bar for 0.1 btc.
onlinepro

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:16:06 PM

So with 0.1BTC you get possibility to win 7.14BTC worth of stuff.
That is 71.4 multiplier and 0.1BTC of total 10BTC means 1% change to win.
With primedice you can bet with 71.4 multiplier and you have 1.387% possibility to win.
That means you have much better winning odds at Primedice Wink
And in this game house takes almost 30% Shocked
But yeah, you won't won gold from PD so this sure has something different.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: