Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 11:25:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Their is Talk of Bitcoin Networking Replacing Facebook  (Read 1208 times)
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:17:13 PM

just a heads up on what kind of data your transmitting might really be worth something and wat might not be, or is it all the same Wink

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:19:19 PM

just a heads up on what kind of data your transmitting might really be worth something and wat might not be, or is it all the same Wink

No links/references to anything at all?

Also, Bitcoin Networking works differently than Facebook in a multitude of ways - Which are you referring to?
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:21:12 PM

it wasn't might idea though i tend to agree with the logic, saw a comment under the recent bloomberg nxt story

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:24:01 PM

How the hell would Bitcoin replace Facebook? They're completely different systems to begin with. Bitcoin is effectively a protocol for storing and transmitting wealth withour decentralization. Facebook is a social network built to allow people to communicate with another and encourage them to use their services more and more. While making money with their information and behavior. And ads. Those systems may be combined yeah, but you can't use them interchangeably...

Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:33:19 PM

How the hell would Bitcoin replace Facebook? They're completely different systems to begin with. Bitcoin is effectively a protocol for storing and transmitting wealth withour decentralization. Facebook is a social network built to allow people to communicate with another and encourage them to use their services more and more. While making money with their information and behavior. And ads. Those systems may be combined yeah, but you can't use them interchangeably...

ok well as i said it wasnt my idea though i agree with the logic and here is why

the btc protocol if im not mistaken can transmit data and is decentralized which makes

its more safe and secure than facebook and capable of the same functions

while i do understand we are talking some years ahead it is a distinct possibility

trying to argue the point with me anymore will yield the same response so try

to add some original content if you want my response to change, lets call it

predictive programming

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Poolie

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:34:14 PM

Things can be based or built on the blockchain technology, but I seriously doubt it will ever replace facebook.

it wasn't might idea though i tend to agree with the logic, saw a comment under the recent bloomberg nxt story

Are you stoned?  Cheesy
BTCgraphics

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:36:24 PM

I will never get this 20 seconds of my life back.
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:38:38 PM

I will never get this 20 seconds of my life back.

I just posted it to you registered express and paypal insured so don't try and tell me you never got it!

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:39:22 PM

Things can be based or built on the blockchain technology, but I seriously doubt it will ever replace facebook.

Are you stoned?  Cheesy

wtf are u talking about idiot

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

ACCTseller

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

no longer selling accounts

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:39:55 PM

Bitcoin is not a social networking platform, bitcoin is a P2P network used to transmit money in a decentralized fashion.

Facebook allows you to reconnect with your friends and stalk your exes.
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:42:58 PM

Bitcoin is not a social networking platform, bitcoin is a P2P network used to transmit money in a decentralized fashion.

Facebook allows you to reconnect with your friends and stalk your exes.

you completely overlooked wat i said

data transmission and safe protocol

you might have shares to protect so

start voting in the facebook general meetings

on a btc synchronization if you want to exist

in 10 years

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

techman
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:45:29 PM

Facebook will be no longer in 10 years  but bitcoin will.

SOAD

Activity: 324

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:47:01 PM

Also, Bitcoin Networking works differently than Facebook in a multitude of ways - Which are you referring to?

Yeah I'd like to see an article on this or at least some explanation because I have no idea what's going on here.

Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:50:43 PM

Yeah I'd like to see an article on this or at least some explanation because I have no idea what's going on here.

a comment under the bloomberg nxt story ie have you read the story comments ?

said bitcoin will replace facebook

and yes I agree with the above points i stated the poster had insight and it is very possible

are you trying to tell us all that facebook will never be replaced by anything ?

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Ludi

Activity: 274

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:54:27 PM

Facebook will be replaced by something most probably, but there needs to be something a little more than something just based on the blockchain.

Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:57:27 PM

a comment under the bloomberg nxt story ie have you read the story comments ?

said bitcoin will replace facebook

and yes I agree with the above points i stated the poster had insight and it is very possible

are you trying to tell us all that facebook will never be replaced by anything ?

Of course Facebook will be replaced by something else at some point. It might even be by something decentralised. But not by bitcoin. The networks have completely different properties.

Consider the amount of data stored by Facebook. Can you imagine every bitcoin full node needing that much storage?
FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:57:49 PM

ok well as i said it wasnt my idea though i agree with the logic and here is why

the btc protocol if im not mistaken can transmit data and is decentralized which makes

its more safe and secure than facebook and capable of the same functions

while i do understand we are talking some years ahead it is a distinct possibility

trying to argue the point with me anymore will yield the same response so try

to add some original content if you want my response to change, lets call it

predictive programming

But they're 2 completely different things. You can't just simply use Bitcoin to build a new Facebook. Also, why would you need a Blockchain for that? It's just not something the regular user of Facebook would need or want... I mean it's interesting to propose a new competition to Facebook, but why use something like the Blockchain for that?

Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:58:03 PM

Facebook will be replaced by something most probably, but there needs to be something a little more than something just based on the blockchain.

can you describe how facebook would be anything other than a non decentralized blockchain ?

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Poolie

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:03:29 PM

Are you stoned?  Cheesy

I think there's only one idiot in this thread.
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:04:20 PM

Are you stoned?  Cheesy

I think there's only one idiot in this thread.

I tend to agree with you

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: