Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:02:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: whats stopping you from investing in Bitcoin?  (Read 1499 times)
cryptopaths (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:02:00 PM

whats stopping you from investing in Bitcoin?
thriftshopping

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:03:31 PM

For me personally...nothing, I am invested in bitcoin.

For a lot of people - it is still very speculative and new and a lot of people do not understand it.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:18:08 PM

I would imagine that a lot of people are short on not only expendable cash but anything to which they can invest with. Especially younger people that are fresh out of high school and aren't even thinking about investing, just having fun. Same w/ most college folks. Those that have money are looking to protect what they've accumulated and naturally there's plenty of reservations about investing in something that is so new. It's up to the bold and the brave to lift mankind up and we be that.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:18:31 PM

My only limitation is my income. I melt all the fiat I can into bit coin each month. It is never as much as I would like but even a small purchase is worthwhile.

FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:31:21 PM

I would imagine that a lot of people are short on not only expendable cash but anything to which they can invest with. Especially younger people that are fresh out of high school and aren't even thinking about investing, just having fun. Same w/ most college folks. Those that have money are looking to protect what they've accumulated and naturally there's plenty of reservations about investing in something that is so new. It's up to the bold and the brave to lift mankind up and we be that.

You may be right, Mr. Ramsay! Although even if you actually do have a lot of money readily available, you shouldn't go 'all Bitcoin'. Just invest as much as you can afford to lose. And never never ever invest money that you borrowed or you even pay interest on. Too risky!

PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:52:16 PM

Everyone here has invested in bitcoin. This is a bitcoin forum.  Cheesy

Most of my friends don't have a reason not to invest in bitcoin when I introduce them to cryptos. Near all of them have heard about it, but they simply don't care.
adoni

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:55:56 PM

I have it but most I know won't touch it for these reasons

a. they think it's black market due to drug busts news
b. they think it's high risk due to volatility
c. they think it's risky due to all the hacking and seizure news
d. they think it's now over hyped and over valued
e. they're sheep and do what the gov and media tell them to do, brainwashed sheeple
f. they think governments will outlaw it
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 10:02:41 PM

I asked some buddies and family about this matter, and the most common answer is that they don't understand how the technology works, and that they're scared price will plummet any time. These are very valid reasons.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:03:26 PM

I have it but most I know won't touch it for these reasons

a. they think it's black market due to drug busts news
b. they think it's high risk due to volatility
c. they think it's risky due to all the hacking and seizure news
d. they think it's now over hyped and over valued
e. they're sheep and do what the gov and media tell them to do, brainwashed sheeple
f. they think governments will outlaw it

These are the same people that will whine about the fact that early adopters have all the bit coin when it goes main stream. You all ready see whining about it here. Get in and be part of the new wealthy elite or make excuses and stay a victim.

mubashir

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:07:16 PM

unable to convince my wife to put some family saving in bitcoins...Huh
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 10:21:08 PM

Mostly ignorance and fear.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:25:19 PM

Not me personally but a lot of people I know think it's super complicated and only for smart/nerdy people
williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 10:26:54 PM

I made most of my money from mining, there is no need to invest. I usually put in about 50$ after a crash or something, and I have definitely profited off of investing.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:51:56 PM

Not having enough money....

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:52:54 PM

I am overinvested in Bitcoin. I am buying some physical gold to diversify.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:21:12 PM

Nothing is stopping me, as many other people, I am already invested in BTC. Will buy more if price shows a significant drop, otherwise I'm still fine.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 11:23:20 PM

I am overinvested in Bitcoin. I am buying some physical gold to diversify.
Yeah, you don't want to make TOO much money...  Grin

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:33:45 PM

I chose my initial investments and I have stuck to them so far. I aren't prepared to risk any more than I already have. Currently I am operating at a profit, and I fully appreciate that it doesn't mean anything until I cash out.

I want to get into a position when I can cash out my investment and operate on profit - I suppose that's what most people want.

I'm too bear to invest anymore capital into Bitcoin, or any other coin for that matter. There's nothing wrong with being cautious though - worst case is that you potentially miss out on growth in the value of Bitcoin.

deadmousehat

Activity: 1974
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:55:41 AM

There is no money left for invest
I need a lot of money for living expenses
Maybe next year  Undecided
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:02:43 AM

Just trying to keep my dollar cost average at its lowest.   Each time it dips below where my average is, I put a little more money into it.   I haven't bought any in awhile though...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: