Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:52:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Anonymity so important to you?  (Read 9401 times)
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:25:05 PM

because nobody accepts dollars for drugs.  only bitcoins

even walmart doesn't sell meth )(Beznadzdrex)

i am here.
ABISprotocol

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

ABISprotocol on Gist

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 07:26:54 PM

(...)
Is Anonymity not that important to you?

It's important to me. 

See: https://github.com/pmlaw/The-Bitcoin-Foundation-Legal-Repo/issues/19

If you believe that more emphasis should be given to funding basic bitcoin development, and also to anonymity projects, please check out this open issue, and leave your remarks on Github or here (and please share).

ABISprotocol (Github/Gist)
http://abis.io
AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:34:10 PM

Everyone should exercise their 2nd amendment right. Personal security isn't something we should take lightly. If you do get one it is very much worth your time to take classes and spend some time at a range learning to use it effectively.

Well if I do get one, as I am not allowed to drive (Epilepsy) and California does not allow either open or concealed carry, it would be kind of hard for me to go to a range...

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:35:05 PM

I don't wand people to know that I own a metric crapton of BTC. I can barely store them, they just take up too much space. If people are aware of you BTC holdings, you may become the target of people intending to steal them. Also I guess a lot of people may want to hide their BTC from tax authorities.
Your problems are not shared by most people. There are ways to mix bitcoins in your situation. As far as tax authorities, I don't know why they would care about your bitcoins unless you owe them money.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:37:33 PM

(...)

It's important to me. 

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 07:50:06 PM

guess there are several reasons, bad and good ones. if you are interested in this, visit:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=362468.msg3878992#msg3878992

WillyBTC

Activity: 312

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:52:23 PM

I just don't need the government all up in my business! Kiss
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:43:05 PM

it's important to me because we are living in the times where privacy is disappearing. having your own space to be yourself is where a lot of creative people create. and more importantly, taking everyone's privacy away is key to establishing a totalitarian society.
minime

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:45:50 PM

Anonymity?? just another illusion....
harlenadler

Activity: 430

Agent of Chaos

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:46:40 PM

I like the idea of being anonymous. But I don't pretend it's the reality. Smiley
Kayex (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:50:35 PM

I don't wand people to know that I own a metric crapton of BTC. I can barely store them, they just take up too much space. If people are aware of you BTC holdings, you may become the target of people intending to steal them. Also I guess a lot of people may want to hide their BTC from tax authorities.
Your problems are not shared by most people. There are ways to mix bitcoins in your situation. As far as tax authorities, I don't know why they would care about your bitcoins unless you owe them money.

Currently the US can't tax btc.

I feel like this is just a way to avoid taxes placed on us by the IRS.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:09:37 PM

If the anonymity trick proves to be stable, then there is no doubt it will be forked into Bitcoin. This is about technology development over social morality. Society will have to adjust to lawlessness as they did in the stone age. It will absolutely force people to use coin validation for their own personal safety and for exactly the same reasons that you cannot buy enriched uranium at Walmart.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:14:55 PM

Anonymous money will allow enriched Uranium sellers to sell their material with no risk of getting caught. It will allow kidnappers to snatch your children or wife with no risk of getting caught. There have already been attempts of extortion and plenty of drug sales because of Bitcoin's pseudonymity. Be careful what you wish for. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Kayex (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:30:03 PM

I personally think there's no possible way to TAX BTC.
I mean we have transfer fees but they're virtually non existent.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:40:43 PM

I personally think there's no possible way to TAX BTC.
I mean we have transfer fees but they're virtually non existent.
Walmart charges sales tax. If they accepted Bitcoin, they would continue to do so. Many people work for cash and don't pay taxes on their income because there is no possible way to TAX CASH.

tmbp

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:09:40 PM

Why is privacy so important for you? Why is personal space so important for you? Why can't I fuck your wife? Sharing is caring
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 10:16:53 PM

Why is privacy so important for you? Why is personal space so important for you? Why can't I fuck your wife? Sharing is caring

Right on the mark!

+1

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:06:39 PM

So regarding BTC, I understand why people use it.
So you can't be tracked down, it's useful, it's fast, etc etc.

But do you remain anonymous because of blackhat related activities?
Do you just not want to be known?

I personally don't care. I just think that BTC is a great investment for me.

There is a small chance BTC becomes "the weapon of terrorism" and anyone that has ever owned it is to be executed.  I'd prefer it not to be known I owned BTC at that point.  Lets be honest though.. the gov already knows I own btc lol.
It wouldn't be that bitcoin could become a weapon that terrorists use, but it is rather that bitcoin could potentially allow terrorists to move money around without anyone knowing.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:18:45 PM

It's important to me and not only for btc but in general because it isn't anyones business
how much gas I purchase a month. Or How much coffee I consume in a month. as examples
It has nothing to do with illegalities but in knowing that someone knows how boring my life is better than me.
Which is why I pay cash for my groceries and gas and use other peoples loyalty cards.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:43:44 PM

Non-Sequitur. Do you fuck every wife that tells you her name?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: