Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:28:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Anonymity so important to you?  (Read 9400 times)
Kayex (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:01:42 AM

The question isn't why anonymity so important to me, but why is intrusion into my personal life so important to you?
Well the NSA will probably say something along the lines of
'It is because we need to protect the nation from terrorists!'
Or something like that. They need an excuse.

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:01:32 AM

The question isn't why anonymity so important to me, but why is intrusion into my personal life so important to you?
If you want to live with some semblance of freedom, at some point you'd have to stop giving up your rights and just take the chance of getting blown up by a terrorist.
Gargulan

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:04:53 AM

Privacy is important because it stop malicious users from targeting you for scam, thievery and robbery.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 08:32:21 AM

for full anonymity you have to wait on Zerocash:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=362468.msg3878992#msg3878992

hloren70

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:11:11 AM

In my opinion anonymity is a right. Why should other people have knowledge of my transactions? Do politicians post their credit card statements online for the world to see? Why should we?
CozyLife

Theymos, unban my account.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 10:38:13 PM

Think of it this way. Banks share their information on you with whomever they consider a partner. An insurance company partners with your bank and you do business with that insurance company. You now proceed to pay for an addition on your house using money in your bank account. A transaction for "Richard's Roofing and Repairs" posts to your account and now your insurance company knows that you got a new roof. The roof is part of the addition you're paying for, but it could also be seen as a repair job as well. Well, the insurance company sends out an insurance adjuster and you get a knock at the door. "Hi, I'm with your insurance company and I need to assess the value of your home as we got word that you had a new roof installed. Now your bill goes up by $5 every month. Brilliant...

Anonymity isn't just about being a blackhat. It's about not being taken advantage of by unethical companies.

Due to an article that BitcoinTalk didn't like that I wrote on CCN, my account is banned. Theymos refuses to reply to my request for hearing his side of the story instead of banning my account. Please sign my petition to get Theymos to unban my account. Thank you.
Kayex (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:24:13 AM

If you want to live with some semblance of freedom, at some point you'd have to stop giving up your rights and just take the chance of getting blown up by a terrorist.
Which is precisely why the NSA is 'protecting us'
I don't see why they have to get EVERY SINGLE transaction that we make.
If we wanted to buy bomb parts or something then we would do it with cold hard cash or something of the sorts.

kleeii

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:21:11 AM

There are so many things going wrong these days. Databases leak on a weekly basis. You just buy something at Target and suddenly it appears that your Credit Card information got stolen. If you can't trust people to handle your data responsibly you just have to take care of that yourself!
Naster

Activity: 699
Merit: 274

Crypto Currency Exchange, IPTV, AWS

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:38:34 AM

Well,
there are many reasons why Anonymity / Privacy should be important to everyone.
Many people will still be thinking that it's a matter a doing illegal things.
But everyone has the right to privacy. Everyone should have the right to protect his "assets".
Being "anonym" does not mean necessary doing illegal things, but you are protecting your privacy from attacks, from spam, from data leak etc, you don't everyone know about your private life, and that does not just apply "online".

It's just like you are walking in the street and someone is asking for your email address to send you some ads. If you are not interested, would you really give your real most valuable Email? Does it mean you are doing anything illegal? Not really.

But Yes, some people will abuse of it, just like some people will abuse of the the anonymity of Bitcoin.

Have a look at this animation  Grin #joke

endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 10:58:59 AM

I think people who use anonymous names must be aware of scammers and illegal activity. If you are making blackhat methods, then it is compulsory to use anonymous names.

Hackers always targets to people those who are making good amount and they also see the activity in other forums or sites to hack their accounts. This is the main reason for hiding our information.

I also forgot to use anonymous name instead of mine.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  

Jump to: