Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:29:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mintcoin Qt problem  (Read 946 times)
ShibecoinSucks (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:02:54 AM

Hi I've been having a problem with my Mintcoin wallet-qt, I have looked all over for any help, and other than downloading a new wallet and importing my wallet.dat into is all I find. If you are one of those lame ducks that want to comment "Google is your friend" then please keep that to yourself.

So, I have been using Mintcoin qt on my Ubuntu machine for a few weeks. My other wallets work fine (blackcoin, pinkcoin, and electrum) and my Mintcoin wallet WAS working.

I am having a problem with the wallet opening, it shows the green loading screen with the Mintcoin logo on it, but it gets stuck "Loading block index"

I'm not very linux knowledged, so any help world be appreciated. I had a tough time just figuring out how to install the dang wallet.

Also I'm having difficulty finding the wallet.dat so I can backup. I know the wallet qt has a backup feature, but I need to know where the wallet.dat is stored in case I need to import my existing wallet.dat into a newly downloaded qt.

Thanks, help is much appreciated!

ICEBERG COIN SUCKED!

QORA
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 03:44:14 PM

I am having a problem with the wallet opening ... Also I'm having difficulty finding the wallet.dat so I can backup.

Yes, that can happen for any number of reasons.

Unless you have a non-standard setup, you should be able to reproduce this:

Code:
$ ls ~/.MintCoin/
blk0001.dat  blkindex.dat  database/  db.log  debug.log  peers.dat  wallet.dat

There's your wallet, the wallet.dat file. Strictly speaking, you don't ever need to copy it back in to ~/.Mintcoin, you can restore within the wallet from a backup explicitly saved in , say ~/Documents/backupwallets/.

To get Mintcoin working again, first copy the wallet to a safe place then you can delete everything in that directory other than the wallet and start the MintCoin app again. Can't promise anything after that but the Ubuntu aspect is fairly standard, ~/<SomeCoin>/wallet.dat.

~ is unix for $HOME;  cd ~ and cd $HOME are the same thing.

HTH

Cheers,

Graham

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: