Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:25:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should there be an auto 10% deduction from Profit share to be used to buy more miners?
Yes - 6 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][FIRE] FireCoin- 97K Fire - POS - Developer leaving  (Read 78343 times)
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:55:03 PM

Everybody please keep watching the thread.  We're going to fork the coin so coins will mature faster and minted coins will confirm faster so the blockchain will speed up, but we also need help by getting as many staking wallets on the new fork as possible.

OK, once on new chain I will break mine into smaller amounts so chain will move along nicely. Excellent news!

I remember exactly I have break my coins into blocks of 20-30 coins in October or November. And then I did not pay attention to coincontrol. And now I have opened my coincontrol and saw that all the blocks again gathered in one pile. How is that possible? Smiley  We must also check auto block split function.

We are testing the new wallet now, will keep you posted & thinking that Friday will be a required update & new ANN thread will be created.

Great NEWS! Thanks for your hard work, guys! Smiley
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cecilbdemented

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:57:44 AM

Hey guys, Testing Crypto and I have been working and testing a new wallet the past few days, and we're just about ready to release it.  Here are a few facts we want everyone to know:

• The wallet will be a hard fork, designated v4.0.  On Friday morning we will look at the blockchain and see where it stands, and at that time we will post an announcement that we are going to upload the wallet at block x, at which time we will turn on our wallets.  We feel this is fair as it gives everyone following time to be prepared.  We will announce the exact block on which we plan to start the new fork so everyone following has a chance to start minting new POS blocks at the same time as Testing and I.
  • The new wallet will reject all connections from previous versions.  This will ensure a clean reboot, and that new POS blocks don't get rejected by the network.  It also means that old clients will continue to mint blocks and create an incompatible fork.  Hopefully enough users will update and the old fork will die off.
  • Windows and Mac versions will be available
  • The most important change is that we are reducing the maturity level from 24 hours to 1 hour, and reducing the number of confirmations from 60 to 15.  This means that coins will be eligible to stake sooner, and will be released from stake sooner, to keep the blockchain moving at a steady rate.
  • The in-wallet trading has been removed.  There are currently no longer any exchanges anyway, and we don't care about gimmicks, we want functionality.
  • We are delaying a new OP for at least one week.  We want active community members to help us test this new fork and make sure that is functional before we try to attract new members.  Your assistance and feedback will be crucial!

Thanks everybody!  Let's keep stoking this FIRE!
Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 02:44:54 AM

Hey guys, Testing Crypto and I have been working and testing a new wallet the past few days, and we're just about ready to release it.  Here are a few facts we want everyone to know:

• The wallet will be a hard fork, designated v4.0.  On Friday morning we will look at the blockchain and see where it stands, and at that time we will post an announcement that we are going to upload the wallet at block x, at which time we will turn on our wallets.  We feel this is fair as it gives everyone following time to be prepared.  We will announce the exact block on which we plan to start the new fork so everyone following has a chance to start minting new POS blocks at the same time as Testing and I.
  • The new wallet will reject all connections from previous versions.  This will ensure a clean reboot, and that new POS blocks don't get rejected by the network.  It also means that old clients will continue to mint blocks and create an incompatible fork.  Hopefully enough users will update and the old fork will die off.
  • Windows and Mac versions will be available
  • The most important change is that we are reducing the maturity level from 24 hours to 1 hour, and reducing the number of confirmations from 60 to 15.  This means that coins will be eligible to stake sooner, and will be released from stake sooner, to keep the blockchain moving at a steady rate.
  • The in-wallet trading has been removed.  There are currently no longer any exchanges anyway, and we don't care about gimmicks, we want functionality.
  • We are delaying a new OP for at least one week.  We want active community members to help us test this new fork and make sure that it's functional before we try to attract new members. Your assistance and feedback will be crucial!

Thanks everybody!  Let's keep stoking this FIRE!

If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to post or send a PM. Like cecilbdemented stated "We want active community members to help us test this new fork and make sure that it's functional before we try to attract new members. Your assistance and feedback will be crucial!".

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
fishy91

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 02:56:01 AM

Will there be a Linux version of the new wallet released in the future?
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:44:27 AM

As long as the source is posted, just compile your own.
Testing Crypto

Applications

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:31:56 PM

As long as the source is posted, just compile your own.

As done with TECH, everything will be on github. I'm in the process of creating a new website for FIRE as well, just something to keep all the info easily accessible for the community & any designs or videos the community might want to create would really help (my artistic graphics designs are not very good). As with TECH, this isn't a ICO/IPO/ITO or any type of development funds were created & its all up to the community where this coin (app) goes (for the most part). Many are resorting to gambling to create funds to use for development, but feel that isn't what this one needs & will find other ways to build with something for anyone (all walks of life). There are many other ways to build something good here, it's not going to just happen overnight & will take much time/effort. Seeing a few ideas of FIRE element & others together might be part of the future for FIRE, but nothing is set in stone.

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
weenfan

Activity: 373

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 06:19:53 PM

My wallet now is starting to have enough inputs open to push the blockchain along as well Smiley
mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:40:29 PM

Excellent work guys!! Can't wait to test out new wallet! Fire it up---LOL.
Testing Crypto

Applications

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:06:39 PM

Excellent work guys!! Can't wait to test out new wallet! Fire it up---LOL.

I think it should be ready tomorrow & will post to twitter again, so no one misses out.

My wallet now is starting to have enough inputs open to push the blockchain along as well Smiley

The blockchain is one of the main reasons we are forking it, there are two chains other than the correct one & that needs to be fixed. Sounds like the new 4.0 wallet will block all old nodes (bad nodes & chains) & everyone will have to be on the 4.0 wallet, if we would have let it sit any longer..

*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 09:48:59 AM

Chain is running smooth. Smiley

Waiting for the new wallet.
Testing Crypto

Applications

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:56:33 PM

New release later tonight, about 12 hours from now. Will post here & Twitter, 2 hours before & then 30 minutes before. All old wallets will not work (2.0 & 3.0), you will need to update to the new clients (v4.0).

cecilbdemented

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:25:52 PM

New release later tonight, about 12 hours from now. Will post here & Twitter, 2 hours before & then 30 minutes before. All old wallets will not work (2.0 & 3.0), you will need to update to the new clients (v4.0).

Quick clarification, old wallets will still "work" in the sense that they will be able to continue communicating with each other and continue generating blocks on the old fork, they will just not be able to establish connections with the new wallet (v4.0).  That's why it's important for everyone to switch to 4.0 ASAP to try and minimize POS block conflicts.  The good news is that once you're on v4, you can't connect to anything older, so it's like those old forks don't exist  Grin
Testing Crypto

Applications

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 11:02:03 PM

2 hours from now, will be the update to the new client (v4.0).

cecilbdemented

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 11:12:41 PM

We're at block 33611 now, so realistically the fork will probably come before 33620.  Keep in mind that the block explorers will continue showing the old fork until they update.
Testing Crypto

Applications

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 01:14:27 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2015, 01:18:54 PM by Testing Crypto

FIRE 4.0 wallet download here:

We're at block 33611 now, so realistically the fork will probably come before 33620.  Keep in mind that the block explorers will continue showing the old fork until they update.

Less than 30 mins, then the 4.0 wallet will be released.

cecilbdemented

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 01:38:18 AM

C'mon everybody, the new wallet is online and we are staking and generating new blocks!  Come get on the new fork!
Testing Crypto

Applications

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:31:46 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2015, 01:19:24 PM by Testing Crypto

C'mon everybody, the new wallet is online and we are staking and generating new blocks!  Come get on the new fork!

There are now two PROTOCOL_VERSIONS = 60013 & PROTOCOL_VERSION = 70013

// earlier versions not supported as of Feb 2012, and are disconnected
static const int MIN_PROTO_VERSION = 209; // old code

// earlier versions not supported as of Feb 2015, and are disconnected
static const int MIN_PROTO_VERSION = 70013; // updated code

//("Generated coins must mature 60 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to \"not accepted\" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.") // old code

//("Generated coins must mature 15 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to \"not accepted\" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.") // updated code

Wallet 2.0 & 3.0 will be on a different chain, with 24 hour stake age (60 confirmations).
The new updated 4.0 wallet is set to 1 hour stake age with (15 confirmations).
It's up to the community if they want to update or stay on the old chain with rouge nodes & forked chains being seen in it. Will keep updating the new wallet if the community wants us too? Enjoy the new wallet, keep the FIRE going.

mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:38:11 AM

C'mon everybody, the new wallet is online and we are staking and generating new blocks!  Come get on the new fork!

There are now two PROTOCOL_VERSIONS = 60013 & PROTOCOL_VERSION = 70013

// earlier versions not supported as of Feb 2012, and are disconnected
static const int MIN_PROTO_VERSION = 209; // old code

// earlier versions not supported as of Feb 2015, and are disconnected
static const int MIN_PROTO_VERSION = 70013; // updated code

//("Generated coins must mature 60 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to \"not accepted\" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.") // old code

//("Generated coins must mature 15 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to \"not accepted\" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.") // updated code

Wallet 2.0 & 3.0 will be on a different chain, with 24 hour stake age (60 confirmations).
The new updated 4.0 wallet is set to 1 hour stake age with (15 confirmations).
It's up to the community if they want to update or stay on the old chain with rouge nodes & forked chains being seen in it. Will keep updating the new wallet if the community wants us too? Enjoy the new wallet, keep the FIRE going.

Man oh man, the new wallet is awesome. I downloaded and once synced, I unlocked and got a stake within 30 seconds. NICE!! Please keep up the good work!! What can I do to help? Thanks!!
Testing Crypto

Applications

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:55:37 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2015, 01:19:34 PM by Testing Crypto

Man oh man, the new wallet is awesome. I downloaded and once synced, I unlocked and got a stake within 30 seconds. NICE!! Please keep up the good work!! What can I do to help? Thanks!!

Just keep your wallet open & staking, posting also shows there's community support. The more community support we see, the more updates we will work on & try our best to keep the FIRE community happy. The new ANN thread will be posted sometime this weekend (+ many other things), also hope to make a few updates to the wallet design & will wait a few weeks to see some community support (also need the block explorers updated, PM's have been sent). The wallet logo redesign will be just a simple flame, which is our way of a small update & still leaving an option for someone to offer a better one. Trying to keep the community happy & still leave room for anyone to help is the goal, thanks again for showing support for FIRE Cool

cecilbdemented

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:58:13 AM

Yup, just keep the wallet open.  It might be slow going at first...everyone will mint some blocks quickly when they first FIRE it up, but continuing will rely on enough users participating to keep the blockchain going so we can get those confirmations and make our coins eligible to stake again.  I think we have enough interested community members, but it is the weekend so try to get the word out and be patient!  Keep calm and stake on!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: