Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:45:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should there be an auto 10% deduction from Profit share to be used to buy more miners?
Yes - 6 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][FIRE] FireCoin- 97K Fire - POS - Developer leaving  (Read 78343 times)
tom14cat14 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:10:19 PM

Is it just me, or does the link to download the wallet not work? It gives me a "page cannot be displayed" error.

I will check in to it ASAP.
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:13:31 PM

Is it just me, or does the link to download the wallet not work? It gives me a "page cannot be displayed" error.

I will check in to it ASAP.

Quick response OP! I am already feeling all "FIRE - D" up! Cheesy

tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:15:05 PM

Are you using windows?
micky123
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:16:07 PM

Are you using windows?

Yup, i am indeed... My wife hates Linux Sad . How about some bounty for reporting the fault Wink

tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:24:03 PM

Are you using windows?

Yup, i am indeed... My wife hates Linux Sad . How about some bounty for reporting the fault Wink

Should be fixed. I uploaded the .exe file. It should work for you now. Join the IRC chat and we can talk about a bounty. Grin
micky123
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:26:06 PM

Are you using windows?

Should be fixed. I uploaded the .exe file. It should work for you now. Join the IRC chat and we can talk about a bounty. Grin

ha ha ha, was just kidding, but seriously? I will get onto IRC as soon as i download the wallet and install it.

tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:29:41 PM

Are you using windows?

ha ha ha, was just kidding, but seriously? I will get onto IRC as soon as i download the wallet and install it.

Sounds great. Let me know if you have any other problems. And I want to take care of community members so I will probably throw some Fire your way. If people have not figured out I am trying to build a community and I am willing to spend my time and money to help grow it. I am losing money on these contest but I hope to help draw attention here and put the Fire back in Firecoin. (Oh come on you knew I had to throw a Pun in there)
micky123
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:34:02 PM

Are you using windows?

Sounds great. Let me know if you have any other problems. And I want to take care of community members so I will probably throw some Fire your way. If people have not figured out I am trying to build a community and I am willing to spend my time and money to help grow it. I am losing money on these contest but I hope to help draw attention here and put the Fire back in Firecoin. (Oh come on you knew I had to throw a Pun in there)

Like the fact that you are proactive... haven't seen too many developers who are very serious about building a coin and a community, the last i saw was Evan from DRK, so that is saying something! Cheesy

tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:50:08 PM

Weekly Contest

So far only 12 entries. Those are some pretty good odds to win almost $150

This Weeks Contest will be for .25 BTC.
Drawing will be 8/10 2pm central USA (7pm GMT)

How to enter. Go to our website http://firecoin.tk/community/weekly-drawing/. I will use you tx ID as your entry ticket and if you buy multiple entries I will add appropriate number of entries. I will draw from all tx ID's the winner AUG 10th 7pm GMT.
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-FIRE

Cost of entries
1 entry equals 20 Fire
12 entries equal 200 Fire

Please only send in increments of 20 or 100. ie: 20 40 400 not 25.

I have also had to raise the price for entry due to the cost per FIRE has dropped since last week and I am offer a larger prize this week. At Current price it is roughly $1 per entry for a chance to win $150. Please spread the word. The more entries we get the more I will raise next weeks prize and the lower I can keep entry costs.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:11:07 AM

For those dumping I don't get it. You can sell maybe 600 coins and get maybe $6-10 vs you could put that all to the contest and have a huge chance to win $150. Is 6 dollars that much to you? What are you doing in crypto if you are not willing to risk 6 to get 150. You have better odds of winning this contest then taking that 6 and turning it into 150 by trading.
misfisto9310

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:05:38 AM

just bought 550 fire Smiley ps is fire coing to compete vs dk/cloak one day since its got way lower supply?whats future plans for it ty
cryptocointools

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CryptocoinTools.com

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 01:44:23 PM

This contest is definitely worth getting into. 2.5X larger prize this time!!

I think Fire has very good chances at being a strong cloak competitor. Cloak has 6% interest where as Fire is still only 1% making it incredibly more rare and less susceptible to dumps.

In the future, I think there is a lot FIRE can offer. We have a great developer and replicating features like built-in exchange are entirely possible and would not be suprised if we finish that in the near future for Fire.

I plan to stick around this coin, and develop tools and anything useful that community wants  Grin

micky123
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:57:11 PM

This contest is definitely worth getting into. 2.5X larger prize this time!!

I think Fire has very good chances at being a strong cloak competitor. Cloak has 6% interest where as Fire is still only 1% making it incredibly more rare and less susceptible to dumps.

In the future, I think there is a lot FIRE can offer. We have a great developer and replicating features like built-in exchange are entirely possible and would not be suprised if we finish that in the near future for Fire.

I plan to stick around this coin, and develop tools and anything useful that community wants  Grin

Looks like Fire is back! Apparently people in the crypto world still dont know that the original dev has changed and the new dev is very serious about building up the coin and the community! Looks like it will still take some time for people to get out of the mindset that there was no real dedicated dev for this coin!

misfisto9310

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:49:42 PM

hopefully one day 10 fire = 1 btc Smiley
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:06:41 PM

hopefully one day 10 fire = 1 btc Smiley

Definitely a nice thought Cheesy

Entered the contest, and I want to say that the daemon for this coin works very well. I was delayed by it in entering the contest because my coins went into stake Tongue
Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:07:51 AM

Doing a little web searching, reading up on everything crypto & found this Proof of Dev's site. This shows a lot from tom14cat14 & team, will have to call this an honest & transparent coin now. http://cryptoasian.com/fire-firecoinx15/

P.S. Don't let the dumpers get you down tom14cat14, there will always be people who sell & once FIRE gets into the long term holders hands. Things will change & the price will rise, but it takes time. Keep working hard @ it, maybe you will see a few real investors (big or small) & they will be thinking long term.

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
lider1971

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:37:41 AM

Doing a little web searching, reading up on everything crypto & found this Proof of Dev's site. This shows a lot from tom14cat14 & team, will have to call this an honest & transparent coin now. http://cryptoasian.com/fire-firecoinx15/

P.S. Don't let the dumpers get you down tom14cat14, there will always be people who sell & once FIRE gets into the long term holders hands. Things will change & the price will rise, but it takes time. Keep working hard @ it, maybe you will see a few real investors (big or small) & they will be thinking long term.

I agree.
This coin definitely has a future.
Developer is very active here on the forum and the IRC channel ## firecoin.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:25:52 PM

Thanks for the motivation. I did the proof of developer because I wanted to prove to people I am not here to scam you. I want to be honest with the community (maybe to a flaw) but I am sick of developers making a coin and then leaving it. I am trying to figure out the best way to improve the coin and will gain interest. If anyone has ideas please post them. If you can implement I am sure we can agree on a bounty. But please remember right now I am paying everything out of my pocket due to lack of community support.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:05:13 PM

I agree.

Thanks for the support.
micky123
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:46:34 PM

I agree.

Thanks for the support.

Hi Tomcat,

We are with you!

Just wanted to further our conversation on chat the other day, maybe you should look at introducing services that you are good at. For example, CPN allows users to register a hosting package for 10 CPN. Maybe look at some service that you can provide and charge for the said service in Firecoin. Offer a discount on the service from your regular fee /charge and you will have a winner!

Best of luck, i will keep stopping by as i am now a fire investor! Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: