Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:43:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announce] New search engine for all things Bitcoin  (Read 685 times)
bitcoinverse (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:02:34 AM

http://www.coinver.se - A full-text search engine for all things Bitcoin

Ever feel like you're having trouble finding bitcoin resources? Want to find where to spend bitcoin? Tired of keeping spreadsheets of useful links?

Coinver.se is a search engine for every single bitcoin link available all in once place. This is not a "directory", it's just like google! Real internet scale search of all kinds of resources that focus on bitcoin exclusively. (I'm planning to add altcoins very soon)

Things you can find with Coinver.se
  • Merchants that accept bitcoin and the products they offer
  • Services you can purchase with bitcoin by keyword, company name or location
  • Software and Github projects with a bitcoin focus
  • Gambling, Gaming, Faucets, and even "Adult" links
  • Mining gear and help resources
  • News, Articles and Blogs

It's big. Over 150K links to start.
  • Over 20,000 links at launch & growing daily.
  • Web-scale spider to crawl sites frequently
  • Software and Github projects with a bitcoin focus
  • Gambling, Gaming, Faucets, and even "Adult" links

It's free.
  • No fees to list your bitcoin url or project.
  • Organic search ranking based on quality
  • Human curated list of links to avoid lame sites
  • (Coming soon) Claim your site to help make data accurate and relevant

FAQ:

Q: How do I list a site that you're missing?
A: On every page, there is a link to "Suggest a site....". All suggestions are human reviewed for quality.

Q: How is this different from the other sites listing bitcoin stuff?
A: It's not a directory, it's a full-blown keyword-based search engine. Sites are found through crawling the Internet for bitcoin links so it's more complete and larger than simple directories. You can search by product name or keyword.

Q: How is this different from sites like spendbitcoins.com?
A: First, that's a great site! We also include products, but much, much more. Services, gambling/faucets, wallets, mining guides, etc...

Q: How do you make money?
A: Keyword ads just like google. They're limited to text and just a few on each page.

Q: Do you track users/queries?
A: We do not track data on individuals or IP addresses, but searches and clicks are saved to help make the search smarter.

Q: I didn't find my site in your index. Why not?
A: Not every site is in yet. Please suggest a site & it will get added to the index.

Q: Lots of lame links show up before my awesome site. What gives?
A: We're constantly working on making the search better. Drop a line and let us know so we can check it out.

Q: Why didn't you answer my question with this lame FAQ?
A: Post your question this thread and it will be answered!

Q: Do you list alt-coin sites?
A: A few, but not as many as there should be. Please submit sites and they will be added.

Q: Why don't you don't have any sites for <search term>?
A: It's not complete yet, may never be. Please post in this forum and it will get added.

I'd like your help to make Coinver.se better. Your feedback is appreciated. Add your favorite bitcoin site or your own site to the index & it will be reviewed. Provided it's not spam or some kind of scam, it will be added to the index & crawled, just like a regular search engine.

I'm also interested in advertising the site, so if you've got some traffic (or sig space available) and want to talk, please pm me.

-Andrew
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: