Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:16:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Sun - Looking for Subeditors [10 BTC / week]  (Read 5046 times)
TheBitcoinSun (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2011, 08:35:45 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2011, 02:37:35 PM by TheBitcoinSun

The Bitcoin Sun is excited to announce that we are hiring subeditors.
There are 5 positions available at 10 BTC per week.  The Bitcoin Sun understands that this rate is very low; we will be increasing this rate if can find advertisements to run along with the content.

It is up to the editor how he/she wishes to spend the Bitcoin; hiring journalists or outsourcing work is encouraged, of course the subeditors are encouraged to form a team for important pieces.
All of the work is contract based.  You will be required to submit 1500 to 3000 words over 3 to 6 articles by every Friday.  With vector graphics/ high resolution pictures.
The Bitcoin Sun will (plans to) publish online every Monday

There are 5 portfolios available:  (very loosely defined here, will be refined in the future)
Bitcoin Development – Bitcoin Clients, New Features, Developer Interviews etc…
Supporting Technologies – Open Transactions, Ripple, NameCoin, Freenet, Tor and other technologies
Trading – MtGox coverage, new payment methods, Best Practices Guides, analysing trends and future changes of the Trading Economy.
Business – Interesting new Business Ventures, Challenges and Issues.
Community – Such as controversial issues, talking to new members, focusing on creating a dialogue between the bitcoin community and The Bitcoin Sun

More subeditors will be hired in the future if this publication proves to be successful.

The Bitcoin Sun is also taking advertisements, prices start @ 5 BTC (1/10 page) to 50 BTC (Full Page).   Special advertisements and ongoing rates can be negotiated. (please PM/ email me)
Because The Bitcoin Sun is new a new venture in the bitcoin community we will be using ClearCoin for all our transaction until our trust has been established.

The application process will be public:  Please post in this thread.  We will interview each candidate (via email) and announce the subeditors in one week.

Edit 1:
Thank you for all the interest shown!
Please either PM or email (thebitcoinsun@gmx.com) some of your portfolio/links (doesn’t need to be bitcoin related) and contact information (just your email address will be fine) so we can begin the formal selection process.

Edit 2:
Pjwaffle’s enthusiasm has convinced me to immediately trial him/her as a freelancer.  Tongue  Pjwaffle, I'm looking forward to reading your work!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ploum

Activity: 428
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2011, 08:55:15 AM

So, basically, you pay 10BTC for between 1500 to 3000 words. Is it mandatory to write every week?

Also, do you really believe that there's a market for that? That this is sustainable in the long term?

What would be the license of the articles? Are the author allowed to use their article elsewhere else (maybe with a given exclusive right period)?

I might be interested by writing (by I've no artistic skills at all).

arturh

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 09:41:53 AM

If it's needed I can do translation to Spanish.
TheBitcoinSun (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2011, 09:56:47 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2011, 10:15:25 AM by TheBitcoinSun

So, basically, you pay 10BTC for between 1500 to 3000 words. Is it mandatory to write every week?

There is no requirement that you personally write the articles, however plagiarism will be rejected and you, the editor, will be fired.  You will be required to submit 1500 to 3000 words over 3 to 6 articles by every Friday no matter if you personally have written them, or have subcontracted somebody else.

Also, do you really believe that there's a market for that? That this is sustainable in the long term?

We believe that very shortly there will be a sustainable market for such a publication; we are now building our reputation in the community to get a head-start.

What would be the license of the articles? Are the author allowed to use their article elsewhere else (maybe with a given exclusive right period)?

At publication all of the content will be licenced ‘Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0)’
Prior to publication you will be required not to publicly publish/submit any work elsewhere.  (Unpublished work will be licenced under the ‘Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0)’ after escaping two publications from submission)

I might be interested by writing (by I've no artistic skills at all).

Thank you for your interest and questions, we are looking forward to interviewing and reading through and work in your portfolio.  Please tell us what portfolio you would be most interested in.
ploum

Activity: 428
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2011, 10:10:04 AM

I would be more interested in the community aspect (with some market and technological bits).

So previous articles I wrote about bitcoin:
http://ploum.net/post/building-your-web-identity
http://ploum.net/post/bitcoin-bubble

TheBitcoinSun (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2011, 11:07:59 AM

If it's needed I can do translation to Spanish.

Sorry, we are focused on starting an english publication.  If we grow large enough to support multiple languages we will consider your offer again.
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 11:29:39 AM

Woot! It would be good to have some more competition in the Bitcoin publication market, Kiba is sure to put up a good fight, maybe you guys could join forces?

I might write a few letters to the editor. Tongue  Grin

In what format are you going to be publishing? I assume not in print.

One off NP-Hard.
carbonpenguin

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 02:34:32 PM

I might be interested in trying my hand, particularly in the business or community sections. One question - will editors have an ownership stake in the firm (i.e. will it be set up as a co-operative, a sole proprietorship, etc.).

Sample piece: http://cuhistory.blogspot.com/2011/04/bitcoin-natural-experiment-for-credit.html
Interview (I'm the interviewer): http://asrblog.com/2011/04/18/2011-04-20-geoff-golder-on-the-new-crypto-currency-bitcoin/
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 03:28:36 PM

I am sending this to someone I know who is a professional editor. She makes a lot more than 10 bitcoins/week now. But she may do anyway.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 03:52:40 PM

Finally! Competition!

Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 05:01:37 PM

I'd be interested in doing either community work or developmental work - it would spur me on to do more reading on the new features and bugs that exist in bitcoins software, and the controversies that occur in the forums regarding some of them (coughcoughtonalcough).

Smiley
pjwaffle

Activity: 539

BIB Exchange

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 08:04:41 PM

I would like to freelance for the trading position. However, I would like to be payed per word, not per week. (I can do a lot more work than indicated in a week, but I might not always be available all weeks, for example). Please give me your offer! Cheesy

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
simplemeaning

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 08:12:37 PM

I have a lot of experience in the writing field. I'm very interested in the offer.
bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 03:38:59 AM

So, are you going to list BitLotto winners every month?  Grin (I sure hope so!!!!)

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
TheBitcoinSun (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 01:41:09 PM

Woot! It would be good to have some more competition in the Bitcoin publication market, Kiba is sure to put up a good fight, maybe you guys could join forces?

I might write a few letters to the editor. Tongue  Grin

Great we are looking forward to hearing your opinions! Smiley

In what format are you going to be publishing? I assume not in print.

The Bitcoin Sun is looking into multiple formats; so far the only format that we have decided on is a high quality PDF.
TheBitcoinSun (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 01:42:20 PM

I'd be interested in doing either community work or developmental work - it would spur me on to do more reading on the new features and bugs that exist in bitcoins software, and the controversies that occur in the forums regarding some of them (coughcoughtonalcough).

Smiley

Great! Please PM us you email address, we will be in contact.
TheBitcoinSun (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 01:48:32 PM

I would like to freelance for the trading position. However, I would like to be payed per word, not per week. (I can do a lot more work than indicated in a week, but I might not always be available all weeks, for example). Please give me your offer! Cheesy

Yes! We would love some freelancing journalists; we will be creating a fund to specially pay such contributions.
Once we have announced the subeditors, I suggest that you contact one of them and discuss any work that you would like to do.
We are sure that we will be able to come to some mutually beneficial agreement!
pjwaffle

Activity: 539

BIB Exchange

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 02:20:40 PM

Yes! We would love some freelancing journalists; we will be creating a fund to specially pay such contributions.
Once we have announced the subeditors, I suggest that you contact one of them and discuss any work that you would like to do.
We are sure that we will be able to come to some mutually beneficial agreement!

Tell me when to start and how much I get paid, and I'll start right away!

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
TheBitcoinSun (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2011, 04:38:55 AM

I might be interested in trying my hand, particularly in the business or community sections. One question - will editors have an ownership stake in the firm (i.e. will it be set up as a co-operative, a sole proprietorship, etc.).

Sample piece: http://cuhistory.blogspot.com/2011/04/bitcoin-natural-experiment-for-credit.html
Interview (I'm the interviewer): http://asrblog.com/2011/04/18/2011-04-20-geoff-golder-on-the-new-crypto-currency-bitcoin/

Thank You for your interest we really liked your blog posts and interview!

About ownership, to be honest we have not yet concluded about how we are going to structure this company.  As the owners have chosen to be anon, we are not going to formally register in any country.
We certainly like the idea that our editors have a stake in this company.  However, we are not willing to commit to anything yet.

We have enough funds set aside for (at least) 10 weeks of TheBitcoinSun publication.  By then we are hoping to either have:

A.   Issued shares in this venture.
B.   Be profitable from advertisements.

We may make B-class non-dividend voting only shares available to our editors at a much-reduced price.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 05:51:26 AM

I better get my game up soon.  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: