Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:31:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine  (Read 24074 times)
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:05:01 AM

PLEASE READ:

Ok folks, it has become highly apparent to us that stretching out the mining period as a solution to the huge coin supply issue is not very satisfying for all parties. As a result of the concerns raised we are revising the specs one last time in an effort to please all parties. First of all we are reverting the half life of the block reward back to 10 years like it was it was originally, so that investors don't feel so worried about the long term inflation. Then to appease those people who don't like seeing huge unsightly numbers, we have shifted the decimal 2 places to the left, meaning there will be a total of 1.84 billion XCN, each with 10 decimal places of divisibility instead of 8. We didn't want to scrap the 64 bits of divisibility because we kind of tout that as a feature of the coin, and shifting the decimal place didn't require us to break the current protocol (although reverting back to a 10 year half life did). And before anyone says "but 10 decimal places is unseemly", the numbers can always be rounded down to something more presentable if necessary, and coins such as Monero already use 12 decimal places for each coin.

i think it is a good move...people are impatient and greedy, it is normal and will not destroy the coin.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buddynuno

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:16:49 AM

@bitfreak, you really have a nice project here and I would like to support it but maybe you should consider the total amount of supply of coins to be produced. 1.84 billion coins is unsustainable imho. Why so many coins? How about 184 million or even 84 million?

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:27:00 AM

nice concept. Spoken to any exchanges yet?

BINTEX

Powered by,
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 03:59:02 PM

@bitfreak, you really have a nice project here and I would like to support it but maybe you should consider the total amount of supply of coins to be produced. 1.84 billion coins is unsustainable imho. Why so many coins? How about 184 million or even 84 million?
1.84 billion is perfectly fine, there is nothing "unstable" about it. We've done all we can to make people happy, the specs are now absolutely final and wont be changing. So lets move on to discussing other issues please.

nice concept. Spoken to any exchanges yet?
lazycoins.com has contacted us about adding Cryptonite onto their exchange. Hopefully that'll be setup shortly after release.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
uvt9

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:40:07 PM

I don't understand why there are so many people demanding to lower total supply. The only difference between 184 billion and 18 million is the decimal point. If 18 million, you can buy 1000 coins and if 184 billion, you can buy 10 million coins with the same amount of BTC. The value of you stash in BTC doesn't change. If you want such a low supply, go buy some shitcoin like 42coin or 365coin instead.

The only thing that matter is how block reward will be calculated over time, i.e. inflation.

I'm pretty sure that Cryptonite will be copied very soon once the code published. Those copy-cat devs probably will choose much lower total supply but much shorter mining period to attract more noob investors.

Please lower the total coins

We have a possible Monero killer here but total supply is too much, a balanced total is best

No too much nor too scarce, keep it within 1 billion

I garuntee you this can outrun Monero but only if the coins have a digestable total

Dont ruin this winner, please

Dude, Monero and Cryptonite are two different things, I don't think these two are direct competitors. Monero focus on improving privacy of users by unlinkable blockchain, while Cryptonite focus on reducing blockchain size of original Bitcoin code base.
bybitcoin

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:28:01 PM

So it adjusts at each block dynamically, but what is the initial block reward value?
Couldn't  find it in the OP..
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1536

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 10:03:16 PM

So it adjusts at each block dynamically, but what is the initial block reward value?
Couldn't  find it in the OP..
I believe it will start at about 243 XCN per block.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 02:07:30 AM

by the way, which version of ripemd and tiger will you be using for this coin ?

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
catia

Activity: 288
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:03:52 AM

by the way, which version of ripemd and tiger will you be using for this coin ?

It's ripemd160 and tiger not 2 (1 maybe?)-192
Primitive

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:04:11 AM

is there any hope for someone non-technical to mine this coin?

NEM, LSK, STRAT
tacee

Activity: 386

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:47:27 AM

when will XCN be launched?
Primitive

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:49:50 AM

when will XCN be launched?

did you read the OP?  your answer is in the first sentence.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
Uran0s

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:37:48 PM

I am preparing my money for launching ;]
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 04:08:08 PM

I think you should be able to manage. I'm assuming you've mined other coins before?
The M7 is a new algo but it shouldn't be that hard for you to set up your CPU to mine XCN.
Maybe the dev or someone else could include a mining guide for newbies in the wiki at some point  Wink
Primitive

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:11:54 PM

I think you should be able to manage. I'm assuming you've mined other coins before?
The M7 is a new algo but it shouldn't be that hard for you to set up your CPU to mine XCN.
Maybe the dev or someone else could include a mining guide for newbies in the wiki at some point  Wink

i have only a very small amount of experience.  but i have time to set up, test etc. 

also, since XCN is cpu, doesn that mean it is vulnerable to botnets?  (which also will make it harder for a regular guy just mining with a cpu?)

i like this coin, but i think i probably will just have to buy from miners at high $$ Sad

NEM, LSK, STRAT
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:15:34 PM

Hoping for a stratum algo.. Will it there be?
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:38:15 PM

i have only a very small amount of experience.  but i have time to set up, test etc. 

also, since XCN is cpu, doesn that mean it is vulnerable to botnets?  (which also will make it harder for a regular guy just mining with a cpu?)

i like this coin, but i think i probably will just have to buy from miners at high $$ Sad

Well get over here and start playing with beta for practice

And I do not think botnet OPs choose coins on speculation. IE they would mine monero before this because there is a price and demand for the coin... otherwise known as profits.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Altcoin4life

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:32:55 AM

Looks good, what was the reason behind this vast number though? "Coin supply: 2^64-1 units (1.84 billion coins, 10 dec places)"

wenjiannin

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:30:47 AM

Well get over here and start playing with beta for practice

And I do not think botnet OPs choose coins on speculation. IE they would mine monero before this because there is a price and demand for the coin... otherwise known as profits.
since XCN is cpu   i like this。
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 02:40:04 PM

I have the feeling that half the people answering that thread still think it is some sort of cryptonight/wild keccak algo from what I read which not always makes a lot of sense in the context...  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: