Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining  (Read 1352 times)
CharHill (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:12:19 PM

Hi, i read about mining (CPU, Hardware, GPU ...). But can you help me to start mining??? What i need to start??
AdamSmith

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:19:03 PM

Hi, i read about mining (CPU, Hardware, GPU ...). But can you help me to start mining??? What i need to start??

Mining is no longer profitable.

If you do not believe the statement above, remember to do extensive research and homework before you spend a great deal of money buying or building miners.
indiguy

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:22:32 PM

how about mining some other coins?
will it be profitable?
transient858

Activity: 153

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:27:56 PM

will it be profitable?

Most alt coins are considered pump and dump. You need to know what you are doing before venture into this kind of territory.
thew3apon

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:28:15 PM

will it be profitable?

Unfortunately, none is profitable right now. Even alt-coins profit are dropping lately..
Soccruo

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:03:47 PM

I tried with solo mining to instamine some new alts but there's no more room for common users, the sharks are always ready at the launch.

♬-♬-♬-♬ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Earn up to 0.05 btc/week by posting in the LTB forum!!! ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ♬-♬-♬-♬ --------->
<--------- LTB coin now traded on Poloniex!!!
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:05:08 PM

will it be profitable?

Well it can be but you need to do some research and follow the trend of pump and dump because thats all that alt coins are used for.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
CharHill (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:07:56 PM

will it be profitable?

Now, i think, you will mine so long time to take som coins. You can to try altcoin mine.
That's i think, only, and not to be sure in that.
MrBtcSenior

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:11:07 PM

I'm in the same boat, I'll try with instamining of new alts...

♬-♬-♬-♬ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Earn up to 0.05 btc/week by posting in the LTB forum!!! ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ♬-♬-♬-♬ --------->
<--------- LTB coin now traded on Poloniex!!!
Minnlo

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:31:08 PM

You may try to mine x11, x13, x15 altcoins with your GPU, but to be honest, I don't really think you can get much profit from it...

CharHill (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:15:42 PM

You may try to mine x11, x13, x15 altcoins with your GPU, but to be honest, I don't really think you can get much profit from it...

Thanks, i'm thinking about mine some coins, but i don't know what to be profiter for me.
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:39:30 AM

You can start by mining litecoin with your CPU or GPU, should be able to get some info easily online. But please take note it is totally not profitable.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:35:22 AM

Mining was reasonable way to acquire coins until ASICs came along in 2013.  Back then exchanges were very unreliable (MtGox was a failure since day 1) and buying a selling coins was very difficult (even without the AML restrictions).  These days it's much easier to buy coins and most likely that is the best way to acquire them as most mining ventures prove to be unprofitable for end users.

So either work for coins directly or use you disposable income to buy coins - it's easier and more profitable than mining for them.
iTRADEbtc

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:40:06 AM

All you need to do is read what adam wrote and you have done your research. period
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:13:51 AM

If you do not believe the statement above, remember to do extensive research and homework before you spend a great deal of money buying or building miners.

It is still profitable if you have free electricity but going ASIC is much better..
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:16:43 AM

It is still profitable if you have free electricity but going ASIC is much better..

Even with free electricity most of the ASICs for sale will result in a net loss:  BFL Monarch ultimate looser, KNC Jupiter loser, Spoondoolies SP30 loser, Rockminer R3 loser, BTCGarden loser.  The only one that is current that might make a profit is the Antminer S3 and it's is sold out for that reason - it's actually reasonably priced.
Wesley

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:16:04 AM

You can start by mining litecoin with your CPU or GPU, should be able to get some info easily online. But please take note it is totally not profitable.

No point mining litecoin with a CPU. If you have an AMD GPU, then maybe, but there are Scrypt ASICs out there now.
Schaufelbagger

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:41:40 AM

I don't need any mining gear to mine a couple BTC!
Testing123

Activity: 561

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:12:37 PM

No point mining litecoin with a CPU. If you have an AMD GPU, then maybe, but there are Scrypt ASICs out there now.

And those scrypt ASICs are extremely powerful.
For comparison, a high-end AMD GPU can give you hundreds of KH/s while a new-gen scrypt ASIC can achieve hundreds of MH/s Smiley

CharHill (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:58:37 PM

And those scrypt ASICs are extremely powerful.
For comparison, a high-end AMD GPU can give you hundreds of KH/s while a new-gen scrypt ASIC can achieve hundreds of MH/s Smiley

Thanks, but are you really thinking, that it's the best way to mine>>??
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: