Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:29:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: suggestion: Bitcoin trading more stabilised  (Read 725 times)
temen (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:55:47 PM

Hi

Ive been watching this bitcoin price go up and down and everytime it seems that bots are moving the price up and down.

I dont have any btc on any exchange so I dont know how it actually works but to me it seems that following are true (based on just watching the price)

1. One person/entity can have multiple buy/sell orders at the same time?

2. there are fake buy and sell walls, just to move the price to some direction, without actual want to buy or sell?

3. there are no fees/provision on setting the order?

As there is intention to adjust the price with fake orders, can we prevent this. Sometimes walls disappear on the fly and some "fish" get caught this way on high/low price etc.

My proposition is very simple:

There should be minimum amount of time that the order stays on for example bitstamp. One could set the order at any time, but then it would stay on the site for say 24 hours or at least 1 hour. No removal during this "just making sure that this offer is real deal" time period.

I think this would help bitcoin overall and I think on "real money/interest/loan exchanges" manipulating the market is actually forbidden. Im not saying that this would remove all of manipulation but perhaps some.

Forgive my bad english if found on the message

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:27:51 PM

Hi

Ive been watching this bitcoin price go up and down and everytime it seems that bots are moving the price up and down.

I dont have any btc on any exchange so I dont know how it actually works but to me it seems that following are true (based on just watching the price)

2. there are fake buy and sell walls, just to move the price to some direction, without actual want to buy or sell?

As there is intention to adjust the price with fake orders, can we prevent this. Sometimes walls disappear on the fly and some "fish" get caught this way on high/low price etc.

My proposition is very simple:

There should be minimum amount of time that the order stays on for example bitstamp. One could set the order at any time, but then it would stay on the site for say 24 hours or at least 1 hour. No removal during this "just making sure that this offer is real deal" time period.

I think this would help bitcoin overall and I think on "real money/interest/loan exchanges" manipulating the market is actually forbidden. Im not saying that this would remove all of manipulation but perhaps some.

Forgive my bad english if found on the message

I am no trader, but I think it would interfere with day trading by limiting the ability to react to market moves. Someone more experienced can give more insight than my limited knowledge for sure. 

polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:37:58 PM

We will have to wait for stability.
As the number of transactions increase, velocity of Bitcoin increases and the price would stabilize.
People will find it more difficult to manipulate the market then,

giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:18:21 PM

Yes, you can have as much orders as you want at the same time AFAIK in most exchanges.

Yes, you can put up walls then delete them at will.

No fees there in most exchanges.

Bitcoin is unregulated, if adoption continues the price WILL have to keep going higher, it's just math.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: