Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:05:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ISR] Isracoin - The Israeli cryptocurrency -  (Read 49579 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
schnorchel

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 01:40:56 AM

By the way this coin develops, I cannot not believe that anybody is working full-time on it. It rather seems it gets a bit of attention when they have some time to spare, so it is not dead.
I wonder how far the price can drop, before people stop mining it. And as mentioned before the English isracoin forum is only populated by spammers. But seemingly the isracoin team does not care. But who knows, maybe the coin takes off in six months or a year. Still waiting for the business directory ...
y80

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:53:37 PM

It appears to be falling and going straight to hell...
orentt

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:33:54 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2014, 10:39:09 PM by orentt

Let's be honest here - the price is dropping because they failed to post a followup after the bitcoin conference

They are not stupid and they knew that if they will disappear the price will drop and drop.

I feel sorry to whoever bought ISR in "change shops"... as far as i remember they sold them for 3 cents per ISR (correct me if I'm wrong).

I will not be surprised if the DEVs had this as an idea... as they do offer "bulk prices" in the website which looks a bit suspicious

And i guess the only way to make profit of it without touching the premine is to just lower the prices in exchanges, buying for low and selling for high to newcomers through their website.

The DEVS can just come and say that its not like that... however .... there should be a simple and logical answer to why they couldn't post something like "great conference, we are now undergoing busy times to make all of it manifest, stay tuned!!"

y80

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:52:44 PM

What's happening with the appearance on hitbtc?
g_d

Activity: 52

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 12:59:52 AM

C'mon devs!! We are the people you should look after too....

Despite the crappy price and not much news/updates/whatever coming from you guys I am still hoping for Isracoin's bright future. Mining as well... But lately it is really based on blind belief....
orentt

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:22:18 AM

Hi, all

Me and a group of other crypto investors would like to get some details about the person(or people) who were taking care of the isracoin project in the past 1-3 months(we assume that the active members changed).

The more and more time passes, the more this project looks suspicious and we would like to know who is the person behind it in case this project will prove to be a scam project - I think people should know who was behind it, in case the same person will come with another "business plan".

We are going to try and get info from active bitcoin community members regarding if ISR really did make an announcement in the recent Israeli bitcoin conference

I personally believe that there should be zero tolerance attitude towards people who use cryptos to scam the public and clearly want to know what's the nature of this coin ( still not saying its a scam coin ).

Even if it was a failed coin... i would expect the dev to come out and say its failed and this way the investors and miners will know that it's over.

The lack of info shows lack of respect to the investors and supporters of the coin and I honestly think that the name of the person should be public. so people could take that into consideration before choosing to do business with such a person.

I'd be happy to get more info about the person(the one who was taking care of ISR in the past 3 months)  PM me

Thanks

P.S - Is there anyone in here who is able to check if a large amount of ISR moved from the ISR premine wallet?
g_d

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:00:16 PM

Hi, all

Me and a group of other crypto investors would like to get some details about the person(or people) who were taking care of the isracoin project in the past 1-3 months(we assume that the active members changed).

The more and more time passes, the more this project looks suspicious and we would like to know who is the person behind it in case this project will prove to be a scam project - I think people should know who was behind it, in case the same person will come with another "business plan".

We are going to try and get info from active bitcoin community members regarding if ISR really did make an announcement in the recent Israeli bitcoin conference

I personally believe that there should be zero tolerance attitude towards people who use cryptos to scam the public and clearly want to know what's the nature of this coin ( still not saying its a scam coin ).

Even if it was a failed coin... i would expect the dev to come out and say its failed and this way the investors and miners will know that it's over.

The lack of info shows lack of respect to the investors and supporters of the coin and I honestly think that the name of the person should be public. so people could take that into consideration before choosing to do business with such a person.

I'd be happy to get more info about the person(the one who was taking care of ISR in the past 3 months)  PM me

Thanks

P.S - Is there anyone in here who is able to check if a large amount of ISR moved from the ISR premine wallet?

I am 100% behind you on this and will do my best to help. The devs are absolutely ignoring the community. The beta website looks like absolute amateurish crap and there is no more news coming since the conference. From what the devs are saying it looks like they are working non-stop and super-hard on ISR when it actually looks like some side project of a student. I have spent months mining, hoping for ISR to take off and to support the idea of a country coin that seems to have a plan, but now I am more and more afraid that I have been WASTING electricity for months and months and the devs are just another bunch of scammers...

A vibrant on-line community and devs communicating with people is a basic requirement for any successful coin and ISR is failing that miserably....
schnorchel

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:15:47 PM

I followed their facebook page (using online translation), to me it seemed that Mikael Bouzaglo was involved in the few months and that he also reached some agreement with the exchange shops, see https://www.facebook.com/groups/IsraelCoin/permalink/270731306459841/
CoinMiner10

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:33:34 PM

Hi, all

Thanks

I am 100% behind you on this and will do my best to help. The devs are absolutely ignoring the community. The beta website looks like absolute amateurish crap and there is no more news coming since the conference. From what the devs are saying it looks like they are working non-stop and super-hard on ISR when it actually looks like some side project of a student. I have spent months mining, hoping for ISR to take off and to support the idea of a country coin that seems to have a plan, but now I am more and more afraid that I have been WASTING electricity for months and months and the devs are just another bunch of scammers...

A vibrant on-line community and devs communicating with people is a basic requirement for any successful coin and ISR is failing that miserably....

Totally disagree with you!
To my understanding and judgment this is definitely not a scam coin.

I personally believe that the devs team did all the right things. This coin is highly developed there is
•   Desktop wallet (Obviously).
•   Online Exchange (Bittrex)
•   Mobile wallet for Android and iOS (not iOS native though).
•   Paper Wallet.
•   Sophisticated and well organized distributing system for Israeli citizens.
•   Social wallet and tipping system in Facebook.
•   Local Online Exchange for fiat Israeli currency.
•   Change stores in Israel (Not sure about that).

How many coins achieved so many features in so little time?
How many coins achieved so many features and infrastructure at all?

But there is some critical component that Isracoin does not have:
•   Luck (and the interest of the Israeli people, AKA: PR).

I've personally invested in this coin and I'm pretty upset watching it going the way it goes.
Nevertheless, luck and public interest can change any day, and since I believe in the devs, I'm not selling.

sejwan

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:05:56 PM

I too am invested in this coin and will hold all I have collected, I have faith in this project and intend to continue with my support, (calling for people's name is a little overboard and dangerous kinda like a lynch mob waiting to happen.)
g_d

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:43:35 PM

Hi, all

I'd be happy to get more info about the person(the one who was taking care of ISR in the past 3 months)  PM me

Thanks

Totally disagree with you!
To my understanding and judgment this is definitely not a scam coin.

I personally believe that the devs team did all the right things. This coin is highly developed there is
•   Desktop wallet (Obviously).
•   Online Exchange (Bittrex)
•   Paper Wallet.
•   Social wallet and tipping system in Facebook.
•   Change stores in Israel (Not sure about that).

How many coins achieved so many features in so little time?
How many coins achieved so many features and infrastructure at all?

But there is some critical component that Isracoin does not have:
•   Luck (and the interest of the Israeli people, AKA: PR).

I've personally invested in this coin and I'm pretty upset watching it going the way it goes.
Nevertheless, luck and public interest can change any day, and since I believe in the devs, I'm not selling.

I actually agree with you...but that is why I do not get why the devs are ignoring the community and do not maintain the forum, website and their fiat/isr website.

There is nothing happening in here, there is no IRC channel, nothing....

PR starts here. Their website has not changed from its introduction and http://www.israchange.co.il/ looks like they put it together over lunch. Sorry, but definitely not shiny...and not in English either...
The main web page has its last tweet dated over 14 days ago.
There should be pictures and videos of people buying coins in local shops, or at least the FIRST ISRAELI ICE CREAM STAND THAT ACCEPTS ISR...SOMETHING!

BIG NEWS FOR ISR - You can now pay with #isracoin and bitcoin for land parcels in a high-end condo project in Israel!
where is that? any pictures? could have just pulled this out of your a**....

why bother developing one of the first wallets that work on iPhone and then not milking the crap in PR value out of that?

any proof? haven't seen that reflecting in price, volume or any pictures or videos...nothing...

•   Online Exchange (Bittrex) it has been there for months and the volume and trading is not showing any real activity...especially considering it's the only place to trade them...

as I said before. There were news about it being in Beta and NOTHING since. As their web page. Seems like the box is ticked and that's good enough.

You can't just develop a coin and ignore the community. That is what this is all about. If I had no idea about ISR and came here or to their web page I would immediately dismissed it
as there is nothing tangible or obviously vibrant about this coin.

The fact that I was here since the beginning and been mining and supporting the coin and still really believe in its potential is why I'm driven mad to see the lack of interest from the devs.
....and price slowly declining.

If I was the dev I would be like: We got all the infrastructure in place, let's start making people aware! I am not saying they are supposed to pump the coin, I was in this for the long haul anyway, but ignoring PR is not the way to go either. I am already paying more for power than I mine  (I never mine to make profit instantly, but just comparing mined value with price of electricity).
I am essentially buying ISR by paying my electricity bills and if this trend of slowly trickling news and dead forum continues I will have to decide if I am willing to keep throwing money away or hold my bag and stop mining. If other people do the same the coin will be dead in the water...

I still belive in ISR, I understand that situation in the country is difficult, I understand that fighting the legacy systems, corruption and people in power is not easy... but that much more
you should share that with the community and keep us in the loop...

All I am trying to say is: Everything seems to be in place (from what we know) and yet the price, volume and life of the on-line community is almost dead.
What is going on???
orentt

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:36:01 AM

First thing first - I did not call the coin a scam coin. what I want is two things - to discover if it is a scam coin and know who are behind it.

sejwan said "I too am invested in this coin and will hold all I have collected, I have faith in this project and intend to continue with my support, (calling for people's name is a little overboard and dangerous kinda like a lynch mob waiting to happen.)"

Not at all - when you invest in a company or buy stocks or bonds - You can get enough info about the people who are standing in the head of the company.

For example if you like the way that they handle the business you might want to invest in other projects they will head in the future.

If they did not do a satisfactory job.. then you can choose not to invest in their projects in the future

not having "names" is very "crypto" would -you- go and buy stocks and bonds of a company that has no offices or names of the people who are behind it? I think not.

The problem is that many people see the crypto world as a bunch of kids who mine with graphic cards. a lot of people are investors, people who actually use their money to invest in a coin, just like they would do the same in the stock market.

The need to know who is standing behind a successful or failed project is a legitimate one and has nothing to do with a mob waiting with torches.

-

CoinMiner10 - I've read that you disagreed with me and I didn't say its a scam coin, just that things seem to be very suspicious... judging by what you pointed at, should make this coin a great coin -- IF and when we will get a proof for most of those things.

g_d - you invested in electricity and also mined ISR when you could mine a more profitable coin, you invested money and helped the blockchain, the ISR DEVS owe an answer to people like you who continue to activly support their project by holding their blockchain.

schnorchel - thanks for the info, will get into it...

-

All I have to say to the people who believe in ISR is one thing - if you believe in it... then go buy 20,000 coins - it costs nothing right now...  

I honestly wont be surprised if the DEVS are silent on purpose in order to lower the price so there will be a "logical" room for a 5 times jump the moment they will do a last resort PR boom.

schnorchel

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:36:02 PM

I actually invested in this coin, because I thought there were a few names out in the open.

Furthermore I think, even it were a scam, it would have been a poorly executed one, because they never really pumped it.

Has anyone ever tried to talk to Guy Sheffer (guysoft) on http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23isracoin
?

Concerning news referring to the property thingy, there was this (you will have to google translate it):
http://www.telecomnews.co.il/%D7%9C%D7%A8%D7%90%D7%A9%D7%95%D7%A0%D7%94-%D7%91%D7%A2%D7%95%D7%9C%D7%9D-%D7%A0%D7%99%D7%AA%D7%9F-%D7%9C%D7%A8%D7%9B%D7%95%D7%A9-%D7%90%D7%93%D7%9E%D7%94-%D7%91%D7%99%D7%A9%D7%A8%D7%90%D7%A7%D7%95%D7%99%D7%9F-%D7%95%D7%91%D7%99%D7%98%D7%A7%D7%95%D7%99%D7%9F.html
g_d

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:42:00 AM

g_d - you invested in electricity and also mined ISR when you could mine a more profitable coin, you invested money and helped the blockchain, the ISR DEVS owe an answer to people like you who continue to activly support their project by holding their blockchain.

All I have to say to the people who believe in ISR is one thing - if you believe in it... then go buy 20,000 coins - it costs nothing right now... 

I honestly wont be surprised if the DEVS are silent on purpose in order to lower the price so there will be a "logical" room for a 5 times jump the moment they will do a last resort PR boom.

Thanks! You said it. Without miners they are nothing and keeping us blind helps no one...

And we are talking here for days and what is the devs reaction? F#CK all....
orentt

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:15:51 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2014, 08:49:43 AM by orentt

g_d :   Just a theory... One of the guys they work with, has a company that makes mining hardware. so its a logical possibility that they don't care of you mine it or not and even more it might be a possibility that they mine and sell most of the coins out there(without a need to touch the premine)  

combine it with with the fact that currently(as i'm writing it and it might change)  http://www.israchange.co.il/  - says that they sell each ISR for 0.10 sekels which is about 0.03 cent (a lot more than the price in crypto exchanges) plus offer "discount" to whoever buys in bulk...

I will not be surprised if the coins that they sell in this site and also the coins sold in "change stores" are not getting bought off exchanges and are being sold from the amount of coins that they mine everyday - if they partner with a mining hardware company then again its possible that they produce a large amount of coins everyday (not saying that its like this, just saying I won't be surprised).

And even in THEORY _IF_ they are buying it off exchanges.. they would actually enjoy a "low" price because they sell their ISR for a fixed(and currently higher) price at http://www.israchange.co.il

So why should they give us any word? they might not even need us.

P.S - the housing deal from the link posted above says that you can pay with ISR up to something like 14,000 sekels which is something like 3700$ - and of course there is no evidence saying that they accept ISR at a higher rate than in exchanges anyway.  

schnorchel

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:40:06 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2014, 10:58:11 PM by schnorchel

Screaming silence Sad
I had the expectation that they would implement their plan. Never mind, if it does not work out. But if they just remain silent without implementing any further goals, that would suck. Maybe the team members just quit, one after the other?
I am still waiting for the website containing information about where to spend your ISR. Without that, how can it ever be used as currency?
@ISRACOIN: Is the coin finally dead? If it is, you should say so. Otherwise a short statement what steps you are going to implement in the near future would be welcome. A list of the current team members would be highly appreciated, too.
y80

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 10:39:02 PM

How many months ago did it get voted onto hitbtc.com?

Coming soon for ages apparently...
g_d

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 02:51:04 AM

g_d :   Just a theory... One of the guys they work with, has a company that makes mining hardware. so its a logical possibility that they don't care of you mine it or not and even more it might be a possibility that they mine and sell most of the coins out there(without a need to touch the premine)  

combine it with with the fact that currently(as i'm writing it and it might change)  http://www.israchange.co.il/  - says that they sell each ISR for 0.10 sekels which is about 0.03 cent (a lot more than the price in crypto exchanges) plus offer "discount" to whoever buys in bulk...

I will not be surprised if the coins that they sell in this site and also the coins sold in "change stores" are not getting bought off exchanges and are being sold from the amount of coins that they mine everyday - if they partner with a mining hardware company then again its possible that they produce a large amount of coins everyday (not saying that its like this, just saying I won't be surprised).

And even in THEORY _IF_ they are buying it off exchanges.. they would actually enjoy a "low" price because they sell their ISR for a fixed(and currently higher) price at http://www.israchange.co.il

So why should they give us any word? they might not even need us.

P.S - the housing deal from the link posted above says that you can pay with ISR up to something like 14,000 sekels which is something like 3700$ - and of course there is no evidence saying that they accept ISR at a higher rate than in exchanges anyway.  

orentt  Interesting theory. So far one that makes the most sense. I wish we could get some comment from the devs. And I also hope you are wrong and it's all just some weird limbo before ISR goes bug Cheesy
I
schnorchel

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:25:16 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2014, 04:40:31 PM by schnorchel

Omar G's www.isrmultipool.info seems to be down Sad

But seemingly it is not just isr since www.omargpools.ca is not reachable, either
y80

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:32:49 PM

Where are the hitbtc.com people? Coming soon for several months now.. any time now..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: