July 21, 2014, 03:21:01 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2022, 09:52:36 AM by CryptoPanda

Re
heunland

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:01:11 PM

www.kraken.com accepts SEPA withdrawals. However, the name on the bank account you are withdrawing to must match the name on the kraken account you are withdrawing from.

I agree with OP, the only really useful bitcoin debit card is the one from xapo, which hopefully will be shipping soon. All others on the market now hold fiat balances and are prepaid cards funded with bitcoin. Besides they have exorbitant fees so I really don´t see what´s the point of getting one of those, rather than using the method proposed by OP.
YesBoss69

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:00:08 PM

i'll kick myself for not being able to find where i read it, but I believe the xapo card's being altered in future to be used in atms too.. like sooner rather than later. if its true then it's bye bye anxpro and the rest, no competition anymore. well not that anxpro's competition anyway really, lolworthy fees to be frank.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 09:18:57 PM

i would buy a Xapo card if the terms of use are okay. this would be cool!

charlieSeen

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:52:08 PM

What requirements are needed to open a EU bank account?
klmist

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:34:15 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 01:57:38 AM by klmist

Getting a bank account isn't really easy.. but you can get prepaid cards that have their own IBAN (essentially bank account number) attached. The accounts have no name but you can put whatever name you want on the SEPA/wire transfer and it will be credited just fine. It's a proper anonymous bank account. Wire money, withdraw from an ATM.

Any of these will do;

http://allegro.pl/listing/listing.php?order=m&string=visa+prepaid

It's probably best to get the EUR denominated ones since they will work with SEPA rather than SWIFT (actually you can use them all with SEPA, but SEPA is EUR only so there will be fx fees if it's a non-EUR card).

They have a low yearly limit per card, but the cards are only like $5 so you can just get a few of them.

allegro is a Polish ebay site.. it's a bit hard to navigate if you don't speak Polish but it's doable with help from google translate. In order to actually pay for the auctions it uses a polish paypal clone called payu.pl. It's a bit tricky to sign up to that too but it is possible even without any polish identity or address. You could also try contacting a seller directly and asking to pay by paypal or some other means.. maybe some will even take bitcoin.

Another option that many people don't realize is that btc-e.com allows withdrawing money to any visa card.. including the ones already in your pocket - and it probably works with most prepaid visas you can source locally too. It sends the money through the visa network (using the long number on your CC) so it doesn't require any bank account to be attached to the card.
YesBoss69

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:41:52 AM

Another option that many people don't realize is that btc-e.com allows withdrawing money to any visa card.. including the ones already in your pocket - and it probably works with most prepaid visas you can source locally too. It sends the money through the visa network (using the long number on your CC) so it doesn't require any bank account to be attached to the card.

I did not know that! do they charge for it?
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:47:27 AM

Well it's pretty easy if you're a Euro citizen, but you need the standard documentation Passport Proof of address and some sort of bill with your name and address on it will help.
klmist

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:04:15 AM

The fee is 5% - not great I suppose, but it works with your existing cards.. so it's there if you ever need it.
YesBoss69

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:39:54 AM

The fee is 5% - not great I suppose, but it works with your existing cards.. so it's there if you ever need it.

Yeah bit steep in the end, especially since for international use you'd have to pay the visa card charges afterwards as well.

Any news of xapo shipping anything does anyone know?
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:26:33 PM

omg, outrageous fee  again
I guess they want to milk us while it's still a novelty

really can't wait for xapo, seems to be the only fair solution if they really don't have fees as they say though.
Also waiting for any news from them.

5% fee is a little too high.

Did Xapo say how much they going to charge?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: