Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:08:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Precognition anyone?  (Read 2165 times)
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:33:44 PM

... it's been hard to get anyone except my best friend to have an honest discussion about this.
And it's going to be utterly impossible to have any sort of discussion here. Heck, I'm surprised that even the word "coincidence" was not flamed. Anything that deviates in any way from Scientific beliefs will be related to philosophy/supernatural/metaphysics and will be summarily dismissed.

Keep it to yourself. The sharing of such thoughts, ideas or beliefs serves no purpose other than to inflame the Philistines ("a person who is lacking in or hostile or smugly indifferent to cultural values, intellectual pursuits, aesthetic refinement, etc., or is contentedly commonplace in ideas and tastes.) http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Philistines

Materialistic Rationalization is all they know and all they want to know and hear from others.

You want to have an honest discussion here? Here??? Ha!!! Hahahahahahahahaha.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 02:41:28 PM

Lets put this into perspective here, I've had some of these so called 'Precognitions' before and all it means is that your life has become so incredibly mundane and repetitive that you can actually predict what's going to happen in the next few weeks, so it's a bit like a statement of the bloody obvious. I'm sorry but people who try to equate this to some kind of supernatural ability or paranormal phenomenon are usually doing it precisely because their lives are so boring and they need to go find something new and random to do with their lives.

That's ignoring the fact that you're completely lacking in scientific method and you only have unreliable eyewitness testimony to prove this, Neil DeGrasse Tyson actually had an absolutely perfect bit about this except in regards to UFO's but it can be applied here too, if you're going to make such claims bring better proof!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSJElZwEI8o

p.s. I prefer the term Deja Vu Tongue
umair127 (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:21:44 PM

... it's been hard to get anyone except my best friend to have an honest discussion about this.
And it's going to be utterly impossible to have any sort of discussion here. Heck, I'm surprised that even the word "coincidence" was not flamed. Anything that deviates in any way from Scientific beliefs will be related to philosophy/supernatural/metaphysics and will be summarily dismissed.

Keep it to yourself. The sharing of such thoughts, ideas or beliefs serves no purpose other than to inflame the Philistines ("a person who is lacking in or hostile or smugly indifferent to cultural values, intellectual pursuits, aesthetic refinement, etc., or is contentedly commonplace in ideas and tastes.) http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Philistines

Materialistic Rationalization is all they know and all they want to know and hear from others.

I'd love for esp and/or precognition to be true!Apparently you believe it is...show me some evidence! Convince a person who WANTS to be convinced!

sana8410

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:46:35 PM

I'd love for esp and/or precognition to be true!Apparently you believe it is...show me some evidence! Convince a person who WANTS to be convinced!
No matter what stories I tell they will be considered anecdotal, so why bother?

But just to please you, although it will obviously be subjected to much derision:

Back in 1963 my mom worked as a seamstress in a factory in the Bronx and while she was busy at work all of a sudden a "feeling" took over her whole being. She jumps up and screams - "My son!" She runs out of the building, she runs to the subway station and boards a train across town, she runs out of the subway station, she runs home, she flings open the door to our apartment on the 18th floor, she runs into my little brother's room just as she sees him falling out the window. She lunges and catches him by his foot 3 feet outside the window and pulls him back inside.

Non of your sorry ass forth coming comments from the O.T. Peanut Gallery will affect me - I know it to be the truth, as does my little brother, whom my mom lovingly reminds him often. The evil minded OTers will accuse my mother of being negligent - "What mom would work and leave her children home alone? She's obviously a bad mother!" The usual tactic of deflecting an argument will be employed...

Would it have made a difference had there been a baby sitter? In many minds it will seem obvious - and yet every week a child drowns in the Phoenix area, many "supervised" by baby sitters, parents and grand parents. Anyone who has a young child knows that as a parent he/she cannot take their attention and concentration off a child for a single moment. And yet the phone rings and babies drown in 2" of water... Remember that the next time your child is in the car and the cell phone rings or you're too busy texting back that last message you received.

I have my own tales I could tell - some of them have been told already, here - but what would be the use? The Old O.T. is dead, one where one could engage in serious dialogue. Now O.T. is just a playground for assholes. Your young ones still run amok, undisciplined, encouraged by the other Internet Bullies on the board. If it concerns religion the older atheists take the younger atheists under their wings. Bah. Pimpled ass teens who think being an asshole means he's cool and erudite. (Yeah, they're going to have to look that word up, I bet.)

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:01:26 PM

Oh, okay...

I've often wondered - did those who died in airplane crashes - did they get any promotion dreams? Logic would say, "If they did they would be alive but there would be no way to prove that if they hadn't gotten on the plane that that is the reason why they're still alive!" Well, I am here to tell you that I had once booked a flight to California decades ago and immediately, for two weeks thereafter I got nightmares. So I decided to change my plans and changed the booking to Florida. My nightmares immediately went away. ("That doesn't prove anything!" I can hear your minds crying out.)

At work, going away for training was almost impossible to get. After two year's waiting I was finally thrown a bone and all the plans were finalized. The week that I was supposed to go I went to my boss and told him that I was not going. I just had a feeling, I was getting nightmares. My brother knew three weeks prior that I would be away and two weeks after I was scheduled to come back he calls me and asks me if everything is alright. I ask him why he asks. He tells me that many in our family are calling him and the first thing out of their mouths is questions about me; he tells me that all our friends are calling him, even my enemies are calling him about me. I explain that I was supposed to die while away at school. I t turns out that the guy I was supposed to share an apartment with and a car ride to work with, died when traffic came to a stop on Route 3 in Massachusetts. A car behind him hit him at 65 mph and killed him. I probably would have died, too.

Nothing to say, is there? Such a story can't be accepted prima facie. It's anecdotal!, it doesn't mean a thing!, it couldn't have happened!, it was a mere coincidence!, it's impossible to prove!, You're lying!. Keep saying that to yourselves... you'll probably believe it without even thinking. It's a rut in your minds...

Those who know it exists know that it exists. Those who know it exists know that it's a waste of time trying to change your already made up minds. It's a waste of time and it is better to just keep it to one's self. Those who know that it can't exist (which is a logical fallacy since the mind cannot know the unknown, cannot experience the unexperienceable through rationalization) can't be made to believe that the possibility even exists.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:22:00 PM

Until "Science" says that "Precognition" exists no one "here" will accept it, and if Science comes out and now says that it does exist then it will be accepted without questioning, as if it has always been so, even though the person who now believes it has no actual experiential experience of his own. It's like love - those who have never experienced it will say that no such thing exists, that two lovers cannot be psychically connected, that it is impossible!, it can't be done!, it doesn't exist because Science hasn't said so! They are like castrated eunuchs composing love poems and singing love songs.

That's a big problem with time - the older one gets the more one starts to question reality - did 'it' really happen? The older one gets the more one rationalizes their experience, until one is all mind and cold dead heart. At 100 years old you probably won't remember the orgasm, questioning if such a thing even exists - but there will be a nagging feeling in the back of your mind as you keep playing with your genitals.

Only those who know what it feels like to fall in love can know what love is. Those who have never known what love is can never know what love is. That's just the way it is...

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:42:52 PM

Umair127,

I give you gift, something known by mystics, psychic sensitives and meditators from earliest time, what I consider to be valid proof of precognition, a proof that can only be realised by the actual experiencing of it, something illogical and which can not be proved by Science nor Rationalization:

If you ever dream of being kicked in your back then know that chances are great that someone will screw you over, something that will cause you pain, suffering, consternation and indignation, something that will incense you and make you angry, that will upset you and cause you to curse.

But that may be misconstrued or understtod as mere coincidence...

Know this, if in a dream you feel as if you have been kicked in your stomach, as if you were punched in your solar plexus, that you, or someone very close to you, probably a close blood tie, like a parent, will die in about six month's time. If you are lucky enough to be even that much aware in your dreams, that it causes you to bolt upright in bed because it feels so real that it immediately awakes you from the dream - start making your final preparations, make sure that those closest to you, those that you have a psychic bond to, make their final preparations.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:50:38 PM

On the surface of it it cannot be proved, at least not until it is too late. There is no way that you will be able to authenticate what I am saying, so you may have to resort to more arcane methods - like going to an astrologer and having him do a Progressive Chart and a Solar Return and looking at where Jupiter is in your chart. If your progressed Jupiter is in the 12th house - your bus ticket has been punched and you're already on the bus. If it is in the Solar Return then there is a chance of death, but chances are that you will have enough warning to scare you, where you may be able to get medical attention in time. Yes, I know, Astrology is hooey, a crock, unproven by Science and seen as a superstition, so why even consider it? (That also is not up for discussion because there is nothing to discuss - it isn't real, it's impossible, it's a lie.)

Being punched in the solar plexus is one way the soul lets you know that you are about to die.

You will dismiss it as not being worthy of further consideration. It doesn't matter - it may take dozens of years before it happens. But if and when it happens, what will you do?, how will you re-act? How does anyone act when confronted with the very real possibility of one's own death?

Peace.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:03:53 PM

No matter what stories I tell they will be considered anecdotal, so why bother?

But just to please you, although it will obviously be subjected to much derision:

Back in 1963 my mom worked as a seamstress in a factory in the Bronx and while she was busy at work all of a sudden a "feeling" took over her whole being. She jumps up and screams - "My son!" She runs out of the building, she runs to the subway station and boards a train across town, she runs out of the subway station, she runs home, she flings open the door to our apartment on the 18th floor, she runs into my little brother's room just as she sees him falling out the window. She lunges and catches him by his foot 3 feet outside the window and pulls him back inside.

Non of your sorry ass forth coming comments from the O.T. Peanut Gallery will affect me - I know it to be the truth, as does my little brother, whom my mom lovingly reminds him often. The evil minded OTers will accuse my mother of being negligent - "What mom would work and leave her children home alone? She's obviously a bad mother!" The usual tactic of deflecting an argument will be employed...

Would it have made a difference had there been a baby sitter? In many minds it will seem obvious - and yet every week a child drowns in the Phoenix area, many "supervised" by baby sitters, parents and grand parents. Anyone who has a young child knows that as a parent he/she cannot take their attention and concentration off a child for a single moment. And yet the phone rings and babies drown in 2" of water... Remember that the next time your child is in the car and the cell phone rings or you're too busy texting back that last message you received.

I have my own tales I could tell - some of them have been told already, here - but what would be the use? The Old O.T. is dead, one where one could engage in serious dialogue. Now O.T. is just a playground for assholes. Your young ones still run amok, undisciplined, encouraged by the other Internet Bullies on the board. If it concerns religion the older atheists take the younger atheists under their wings. Bah. Pimpled ass teens who think being an asshole means he's cool and erudite. (Yeah, they're going to have to look that word up, I bet.)
Dreams are manifestations of psychological desires and psychological fears.

If you fear that people are plotting against you, you may dream of getting kicked in the back. If you win a million dollars, you may feel so happy that you may dream of partying with celebrities and billionaires. Etc. etc. etc.

Note: I am not religious nor am I superstitious.

sana8410

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:09:07 PM

http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/...ive-dream.html
Currently the only support for psychic dreams comes in the form of anecdotal evidence (which is somewhat of an oxymoron). People have vivid dreams of plane crashes and if a plane crash occurs in the next few days - BAM! They're psychic!

This sort of anecdote doesn't really help us. If anything, it casts more doubt over the reliability of so-called psychic dreams, and may even hinder genuine attempts to investigate the nature of any subconscious sixth sense while dreaming.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.c...ve-dreams.html
One peculiarity concerning precognition is that one rarely perceives one's own death; perhaps one explanation is the trauma it too great for the ego to accept.

http://www.themystica.com/mystica/ar...cognition.html

Dribble that doesn't mean anything...

It is easy to not say what one is thinking.
It is much harder to only think thoughts that one would say.
Only think what you would say.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Nabilo

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:09:34 PM

Humans are very repetitive creatures. We do the same things daily. What you described as precognition is really just something you were expecting to happen that did happen because you have experience living life day to day. Work is the same every day. "Oh man, it's going to boring today." Work is getting harder. "Oh man, it's going to be a bad day at work today." Friends are expecting to hang out with you. "I'll have fun today." Friends are too busy. "Life at work is hard and I have no one to socialize with today." It's all how you look at what happens to you daily that you start realizing patterns and piecing it all together. It's not some sixth sense.
I.e. it's patterns that we begin to recognize after 20, 30, 40, 50 years of repetition? Kind of like when people think they have bad luck, and thus they will?
Exactly. It's patterns that you recognize. After a while, you start to guess what will happen. Sometimes you are right and sometimes you are wrong. But when you are right you become surprised. So yes, you get used to repetition in life and start to guess what will happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdicGHey-L4 

what I say is that maybe similar organisations put people to have similar behavior to that you say because that help them in them work 

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:45:20 PM

Hate to break this to you, but there is no quantifiable value in following mysticism. It has always been and will forever be a siren call to the ignorant, offering shortcuts in the form of answers to questions that can't be answered and experience that can't be applied anywhere else in life.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sana8410

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:05:27 PM

I can only re-tell my own experiences. Last November I felt a kick in my stomach. I thought it was for me. Last month my father passed. And yeah, the few times that I was kicked in the back I always got screwed shortly thereafter.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:07:15 PM

I can only re-tell my own experiences. Last November I felt a kick in my stomach. I thought it was for me. Last month my father passed. And yeah, the few times that I was kicked in the back I always got screwed shortly thereafter.
OR!
After something had happens you think back and try to remember if you "felt" a kick.

Exactly what's the correlation between a "kick" in November and an event in July? If it wasn't your father in July, would you have attributed the "kick" to a ticket in September?

umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:13:51 PM

Every time I shart, something bad happens.

Last year I sharted in March and in October my dog got hit by a car. The year before that I sharted in late February, and in November my son got hit with a bat and lost a tooth. That year before that I sharted in early April, and in August I got a second-degree burn at the beach.

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:15:02 PM

i shat in a church once but nothing came of it ?
umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:23:19 PM

i shat in a church once but nothing came of it ?
Nothing came of it YET!

But according to some , if/when something bad happens in the future, you can look back and claim that shart was the predictor of it happening.

wrongpassword

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:21:49 AM

A friend of mine can guess the figure of an hidden card with good assurance. Precognition? Maybe a sort of, maybe not. Maybe it's just plain old confirmation bias.
Nabilo

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:58:44 PM

Joseph Mc Moneagle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_McMoneagle

http://www.mceagle.com/remote-viewing/

wrongpassword

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:45:46 AM

Cool! I'm not American, nor is him, but as far as I know the American Army is hellishy utilitarian (who's not?), so at a good price I could send him to the nearest American camp...
Anyway, it's not precognition so it's off topic of this off-topic. He moved a day something he calls psy-wheel. Boring as hell.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: