Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:00:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin to Become a World Reserve Currency  (Read 3182 times)
keanbosch (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:38:14 PM

http://www.ahametals.com/bitcoin-become-world-reserve-currency/

“It’s money 2.0, a huge huge huge deal.”
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3262

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:55:13 PM

ahametals.com leeches off of other sites by copying their articles. It would be better if you posted links to the original articles rather than to your own site, so that the original site gets the traffic.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
keanbosch (OP)

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:01:59 PM

I think they've credited the source..  Embarrassed

“It’s money 2.0, a huge huge huge deal.”
Mr Tea

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:04:34 PM

I doubt it will become a reserve currency but I think it could become like a one world currency. I think one is needed that can be used workdwide especially with little fees and bitcoin is perfect for this.

jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:21:18 PM

I like the idea of Bitcoin going global because there is not one country or group of countries in the case of the Euro, that issues it.  It's a totally independent currency.  So it can't be controlled at the whims of central bankers.  But I think it would take a really long time to get used as a reserve currency, since it's supposed to be something that supposedly very "safe" and you can't say that for Bitcoin right now, I mean a 51% attack could totally knock it out and if a country was on the line you could see that happening, especially if a big country.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3262

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:31:29 PM

Well, they were kind enough to credit the work that they copied, but why should they be rewarded for simply copying somebody else's work?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
pummle

Activity: 109

Bleating sense into the world

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:42:09 PM

ahametals.com leeches off of other sites by copying their articles. It would be better if you posted links to the original articles rather than to your own site, so that the original site gets the traffic.

here you go, the original source. The OP linked article even copied the same horrible graphic to go along with the article.

Trade bitcoin stocks, funds, and futures with the MPEx broker: CoinBR.com

The best place for bitcoin betting: BitBet.us
btmtb

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:34:22 PM

Hi Keanbosch, just a quick question, what's your relationship with ahametals.com? Are you doing astroturfing/seo for them? Is it your site and you're chasing backlinks? Almost everyone of your posts seems to link to stories that have been re-written and posted there.
ArbatDeli

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:45:13 PM

Hi Keanbosch, just a quick question, what's your relationship with ahametals.com? Are you doing astroturfing/seo for them?

Seems to be the case to me.

♦  Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com  ♦   ♦  Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets  ♦    ♦  Provably Fair  ♦ 
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 09:47:32 PM

Well, they were kind enough to credit the work that they copied, but why should they be rewarded for simply copying somebody else's work?

Why shouldn't they? Lazy people will find an easy way to accomplish a task - B.G.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4528

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:30:10 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 11:00:28 PM by franky1

i think BRICS has a better chance than this reserve currency basket the article mentions..

im not sure if the article is suppose to be a half whit trying to understand BRICS but then throwing mud into the mix.. or he talking about something else.. but oh well.. i dont read ahametals much.. too little detail or lack of thought

the thing that i find truly funny is that people want bitcoin to be the reserve currency, yet they also value bitcoin to the dollar.. just like the ahametals. you cant have a reserve crrency if its a mix of multiple currencies.. and then to include dollar in that mix defeats the purpose..

it makes me laugh..
i personally value my bitcoins to my living costs EG
%rent, how many loaves of bread, pints of milk and tins of baked beans. i dont think of it as direct fiat value anymore. although i know somewhere in the middle it still requires converting to FIAT by the merchants i deal with.

cant wait till their employes and suppliers accept bitcoins too.

but these "bitcoin reservist" people shouting out bitcoin to become reserve currency and in the same breath shouting out, that bitcoins will then be worth thousands of dollars, have definitely missed the point of what a reserve currency is

if bitcoin was measured as a cost of living index. EG directly valued to household essentials without one whiff of mentioning FIAT then bitcoin has a chance.

i think the next idea is to have a bitcoin index where
bitcoin is given a global value that today its worth 2 weeks minimum wage salary
or x amount of oil barrels and just do away with dollar valuations, thus allowing the whole world to calculate bitcoin to their local currency based on the international index. ofcourse, demand will make the price raise to 3 weeks income, 4 weeks and upwards as bitcoins popularity rises. but atleast its not pegged to the dollar and then converted to other currencies

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
ANTIcentralized

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:32:24 PM

I would find this unlikely. A country's government gets to choose what currencies to hold as reserves and bitcoin is much to new and has too small of a market cap for this to be a possibility in the near future.
AliceWonder

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:41:36 PM

here you go, the original source. The OP linked article even copied the same horrible graphic to go along with the article.

Um, unless they are in copyright violation, what is your problem?

He gave a link to the story.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
Samba Punishment

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:43:30 PM

That would be a giant step. Imagine holding such a big part in a world reserve currency! This would be unprecedented. Although I believe chances aren't that good.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:47:32 PM

Maybe he copied it because Forex Minute website is a fucking visual disaster when trying to read articles on mobile.

I can't see anything written because their banner ads block all the content.  You'd think one of them might use a cell phone to view their own site sometime.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:47:59 PM

Nah, highly doubt that, to be honest. I mean it would be a great thing, but it is much too small currently. As of now the most daring thing we may see is some smaller country investing some amount in bitcoin.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:59:40 PM

seems from these posts like people want to keep bitcoin measured against FIAT and let the FIAT world do the hard work..

i guess no one see's the easy option of measuring bitcoin against a cost of living index and then make the FIAT lovers have to change their habits and evolve towards measuring things against true value before converting to their national currencies...

oh well seems we just sit on our hands and let the governments decide how to treat bitcoin again (face palm)

ive book marked this post so i can refer to it in a few years once people cotton onto the idea and truly see what effect it can cause if exchanges measured bitcoin differently

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:08:32 PM

I can't see Bitcoin being the World Reserve currency, just like how you don't see gold as the world reserve currency. Now, I'm not saying Bitcoin is the equivalent to gold, it's just an example.

Bitcoin is like a currency, and it's like gold at the same time. So I doubt it would become the world reserve, even though it has a limited supply, but I think it would be better to have an ever-inflating fiat as the reserve, so it will look better for other currencies as opposed to having every currency keep dropping. People like numbers that go up.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:21:49 PM

I can't see Bitcoin being the World Reserve currency, just like how you don't see gold as the world reserve currency. Now, I'm not saying Bitcoin is the equivalent to gold, it's just an example.

Bitcoin is like a currency, and it's like gold at the same time. So I doubt it would become the world reserve, even though it has a limited supply, but I think it would be better to have an ever-inflating fiat as the reserve, so it will look better for other currencies as opposed to having every currency keep dropping. People like numbers that go up.

so you like that a barrel of oil 10 years ago was X and now it costs you X+X

or put simply a loaf of bread cost you $1.50 now costs you $2.. which 'people' like that? .. oh not people, but politicians.. o i see. so we should not be a reserve currency to appease politicians. ..
 Huh

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:26:15 PM

so you like that a barrel of oil 10 years ago was X and now it costs you X+X

or put simply a loaf of bread cost you $1.50 now costs you $2.. which 'people' like that? .. oh not people, but politicians.. o i see. so we should not be a reserve currency to appease politicians. ..
 Huh

Just for the sake of the argument: Why would politicians like that scenario? (serious question)

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: