Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:02:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Family Considers Killing 10-Year-Old Daughter After Mullah Rapes Her In Mosque  (Read 6220 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:39:44 AM

It was bad enough that the alleged rape took place in the sanctity of a mosque and that the accused man was a mullah who invoked the familiar defence that it had been consensual sex.

But the victim was only 10 years old. And there was more: The authorities said her family members openly planned to carry out an honour killing in the case – against the young girl. The mullah offered to marry his victim instead.

This past week, the awful matter became even worse. On Tuesday, local policemen removed the girl from the shelter that had given her refuge and returned her to her family, despite complaints from women’s activists that she was likely to be killed.

The case has broader repercussions. The head of the Women for Afghan Women shelter here where the girl took refuge, Dr. Hassina Sarwari, was at one point driven into hiding by death threats from the girl’s family and other mullahs, who sought to play down the crime by arguing the girl was much older than 10. One militia commander sent Sarwari threatening texts and an ultimatum to return the girl to her family. The doctor said she now wanted to flee Afghanistan.

The head of the women’s affairs office in Kunduz, Nederah Geyah, who actively campaigned to have the young girl protected from her family and the mullah prosecuted, resigned May 21 and moved to another part of the country.

The case itself would just be an aberrant atrocity, except that the resulting support for the mullah, and for the girl’s family and its honour killing plans, have become emblematic of a broader failure to help Afghan women who have been victims of violence.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/20/family-under-pressure-to-kill-10-year-old-daughter-after-mullah-rapes-her-in-afghanistan-mosque/

------------------------------
http://youtu.be/E2VCwBzGdPM

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:17:47 AM

I'm not sure how the US expected to bring the concept of democracy (1 person = 1 vote) to a land where women apparently are not considered humans but more like livestock.

Oh I'm sorry, did my 10 year old dog daughter interfere with your life, I'll it put down immediately.

It's one thing to be culturally sensitive and not push "western" ideals onto another culture, it's another thing to look away while an innocent 10 year old child had to endure rape and them may feel even more pain thinking minutes before she dies that she shamed her family.

Maybe it's a father in me talking, but personally I would have taken the mullah to the back of my house, beaten him silly and let my dogs have dinner.  Guess I'm a westerner.
Rooothlespredators

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:27:41 AM

ya I knwo how you feel DrG. This kind of stuff really perpetuates Western fear of Islam and from all the things like them trying to kill that one woman in (Sudan?) for marrying someone Christian and now you have this stuff I can't help but feel like a lot of it is warranted. They really make themselves look really bad.
nor9865

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

If you think you know me.. Think again

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:44:19 AM

What is wrong with this peoples mind. Look like they are still living in stone age.
dadugan

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:50:46 AM

Not really our problem or concern.

Let them do whatever they want in their own country and stop them from coming into our country and shit on our backyard.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 11:27:07 AM

Wow that's crazy stuff, can't wrap my head around this  Huh
So a ten old girl gets raped in a mosque by a religious man and everyone is rooting to have the girl killed Huh?? WTF? That's some sick shit man.
The thing is this is the world we all agree to live in. Each and every human alive is personally responsible for this.
E-valuta

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:44:11 AM

I'm not sure how the US expected to bring the concept of democracy (1 person = 1 vote) to a land where women apparently are not considered humans but more like livestock.

Oh I'm sorry, did my 10 year old dog daughter interfere with your life, I'll it put down immediately.

It's one thing to be culturally sensitive and not push "western" ideals onto another culture, it's another thing to look away while an innocent 10 year old child had to endure rape and them may feel even more pain thinking minutes before she dies that she shamed her family.

Maybe it's a father in me talking, but personally I would have taken the mullah to the back of my house, beaten him silly and let my dogs have dinner.  Guess I'm a westerner.

Difference between Afganistan and the UK/US though:

Here the victims are much younger and the perpetrator have much more Power. And probably more victims aswell.
shogdite

Activity: 798

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:50:53 AM

Quality of life for Afghan women has got worse since the invasion. All of this Western blubbering about bringing democracy to the Middle East is a complete sham. A lot of the same tribal leaders who brutalized women in the past are still in power.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:59:39 PM

hbdchick talks about this on her blog.  The practice of honor killings seems evil and insane to Westerners.  It is evil, there really isn't any doubt.  However it isn't insane, and in fact is a logical course of action.

The Bedouin practiced what is called "father's brother's daughter marriage" (FBD) which means that you marry the daughter of your father's brother, your paternal first cousin.  While cousin marriage has been common throughout the world and throughout history, FBD is very rare with one exception: areas formerly part of the caliphate.

FBD, unlike cross-cousin marriage, tends to turn a family tree into a ladder.  The result is a much higher degree of genetic similarity among relatives.  The result is that a man will care for his nephews and nieces much more than normal.  If his daughter has scandalous behavior then it could compromise the ability of his relatives to get good marriages (remember that while most marriages are to closely related members of the family, there are still many that aren't).  So for the sake of family success the family has a massive incentive keep its honor intact.

Ok, so now you find that your daughter has been raped.  No one will dishonor his family by marrying a broken woman, and so the woman is unmarriageable.  Genetically, she is a dead end.  However, unlike a dead daughter, she can still harm the honor and thus the marriage prospects of her extended family.  She might get raped again.  She might become despondent and start sleeping around.  Genetically, she has no upside and plenty of downside.  Thus the muslim populations of these lands have evolved a response (honor killing) to handle this situation.

So while it is an evil practice, it is perfectly logical.  The only way to eliminate it would be to eliminate FBD marriage.  Eliminating all cousin marriage would speed the process, though it would probably still take a few centuries.

GangkisKhan

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:11:57 PM

hbdchick talks about this on her blog.  The practice of honor killings seems evil and insane to Westerners.  It is evil, there really isn't any doubt.  However it isn't insane, and in fact is a logical course of action.

The Bedouin practiced what is called "father's brother's daughter marriage" (FBD) which means that you marry the daughter of your father's brother, your paternal first cousin.  While cousin marriage has been common throughout the world and throughout history, FBD is very rare with one exception: areas formerly part of the caliphate.

FBD, unlike cross-cousin marriage, tends to turn a family tree into a ladder.  The result is a much higher degree of genetic similarity among relatives.  The result is that a man will care for his nephews and nieces much more than normal.  If his daughter has scandalous behavior then it could compromise the ability of his relatives to get good marriages (remember that while most marriages are to closely related members of the family, there are still many that aren't).  So for the sake of family success the family has a massive incentive keep its honor intact.

Ok, so now you find that your daughter has been raped.  No one will dishonor his family by marrying a broken woman, and so the woman is unmarriageable.  Genetically, she is a dead end.  However, unlike a dead daughter, she can still harm the honor and thus the marriage prospects of her extended family.  She might get raped again.  She might become despondent and start sleeping around.  Genetically, she has no upside and plenty of downside.  Thus the muslim populations of these lands have evolved a response (honor killing) to handle this situation.

So while it is an evil practice, it is perfectly logical.  The only way to eliminate it would be to eliminate FBD marriage.  Eliminating all cousin marriage would speed the process, though it would probably still take a few centuries.

Make cultural and family sense but harm genetic evolution.

Defect in the family line will get magnify while the benefit can not overcome the defect.
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:10:46 PM

Children are less than slaves in the world of Islam. The incident where little Saudi girls ran out of a burning boarding school in their night clothes, only to be sent back in by the religious police epitomizes Muslim morality. Islamic virtue determined it was better to let those little girls burn to death than to have them tempt Muslim perverts. Islamic hierarchy values religious leaders, terrorist leaders, influential Muslim men and camels. Everyone and everything else is as disposable as yesterday’s garbage.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:17:49 PM

Religion FUCK YA making the world a better place!!! Right.. right?!?!?!!? Oh WAIT it kills MILLIONS of people .. oh.
hologram

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:21:04 PM

It was bad enough that the alleged rape took place in the sanctity of a mosque and that the accused man was a mullah who invoked the familiar defence that it had been consensual sex.

But the victim was only 10 years old. And there was more: The authorities said her family members openly planned to carry out an honour killing in the case – against the young girl. The mullah offered to marry his victim instead.

This past week, the awful matter became even worse. On Tuesday, local policemen removed the girl from the shelter that had given her refuge and returned her to her family, despite complaints from women’s activists that she was likely to be killed.

The case has broader repercussions. The head of the Women for Afghan Women shelter here where the girl took refuge, Dr. Hassina Sarwari, was at one point driven into hiding by death threats from the girl’s family and other mullahs, who sought to play down the crime by arguing the girl was much older than 10. One militia commander sent Sarwari threatening texts and an ultimatum to return the girl to her family. The doctor said she now wanted to flee Afghanistan.

The head of the women’s affairs office in Kunduz, Nederah Geyah, who actively campaigned to have the young girl protected from her family and the mullah prosecuted, resigned May 21 and moved to another part of the country.

The case itself would just be an aberrant atrocity, except that the resulting support for the mullah, and for the girl’s family and its honour killing plans, have become emblematic of a broader failure to help Afghan women who have been victims of violence.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/20/family-under-pressure-to-kill-10-year-old-daughter-after-mullah-rapes-her-in-afghanistan-mosque/

------------------------------
http://youtu.be/E2VCwBzGdPM

Great, some people still resist to the western cultural imperialism  Cheesy

umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:33:21 PM

Why do those women even bother to have children? This is not "mothering." This is "eating your young."
Bring the child to our Southern border. She's got more right to claim refugee status than any of those interlopers down there.

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:54:15 PM

Wow that's crazy stuff, can't wrap my head around this  Huh
So a ten old girl gets raped in a mosque by a religious man and everyone is rooting to have the girl killed Huh?? WTF? That's some sick shit man.
The thing is this is the world we all agree to live in. Each and every human alive is personally responsible for this.

I honestly believe that scumbag relatives who would murder a girl (a child no less) for being raped should be covered in baby oil, handcuffed and then thrown into a cell with a predatory homosexual rapist, preferably one who has an ironic nickname like ‘Tiny’. Then perhaps they could develop some empathy for the the rape victim they murdered to regain their perverted sense of ‘honor’.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:08:33 PM

they do lots of honor killings too.. they are just really backwards. the chinese also blame their children for getting molested as well.
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:41:50 PM

What kind of Mother or Father are you to let this happen to your child and still swear allegiance that "religion" ?........ The kind of mother and father that hate Jews more than they love their kids

atc1

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:47:46 PM

What kind of Mother or Father are you to let this happen to your child and still swear allegiance that "religion" ?........ The kind of mother and father that hate Jews more than they love their kids

Virginity is seen as a very important virtue for unmarried girls. Even it was rape,they think that their family honor was blemished. As screwed up as that sounds,honor is given much more importance than the life of any one individual. Moreover,sons are given more attention than daughters there. Stuff like this happens very often in those countries. Education alone can change actions like this.

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:14:37 PM

Virginity is seen as a very important virtue for unmarried girls. Even it was rape,they think that their family honor was blemished. As screwed up as that sounds,honor is given much more importance than the life of any one individual. Moreover,sons are given more attention than daughters there. Stuff like this happens very often in those countries. Education alone can change actions like this.

No it can't, have you ever debated againts someone obsessed with Religion?  No logic, no agrument will work, they are 100% blinded by their beliefs no matter the evidence given to them.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:40:15 PM

No it can't, have you ever debated againts someone obsessed with Religion?  No logic, no agrument will work, they are 100% blinded by their beliefs no matter the evidence given to them.

Isn't easy, for sure!
But if we recall it correctly, when Scorsese's "The Last Temptation of Christ" came out, back on late 80's we had even Christian terrorist attacks on a theater at Paris along with demonstrations across Europe. But now anybody would be ashamed to assume to ever take part of that madness 30 years ago.
Muslims will change too, their Stone Age religion is breaking apart, just not faster because the death threats over their heads if they leave that thing.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: