Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:41:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin now showing up in wallet?  (Read 1131 times)
sparkymilky (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:50:52 AM

I think I may have made the mistake of buying 0.3 Bitcoin through Bitilicious but sent my sending adress instead of my receiving address. Is there any way I can Get my Bitcoin back? On the Blockchain its marked as unspent but I don't know wtf is going on as im new to Bitcoin. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:13:46 AM

What wallet are you using?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 11:48:28 AM

I think I may have made the mistake of buying 0.3 Bitcoin through Bitilicious but sent my sending adress instead of my receiving address. Is there any way I can Get my Bitcoin back? On the Blockchain its marked as unspent but I don't know wtf is going on as im new to Bitcoin. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

No such thing as a sending address and a receiving address. The address you "send" coins from can also receive coins.

It sounds like you are using bitcoin core which has these 2 parts in the menu which are called similar to sending and receiving IIRC. The sending addresses belong to someone else you send the coins to. See if you can remember who and contact them.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:55:24 PM

No such thing as a sending address and a receiving address. The address you "send" coins from can also receive coins.

It sounds like you are using bitcoin core which has these 2 parts in the menu which are called similar to sending and receiving IIRC. The sending addresses belong to someone else you send the coins to. See if you can remember who and contact them.

Actually, some web wallets have that feature, and if bitcoins are sent to the sending addresses, then another user will get credited.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:23:55 PM

Link to TX on blockchain ??
As another person said, it sounds like you may have sent them to somebody else. Hopefully it is a friend and can return it.
The transaction is not reversible so if you have had them sent to some where else you have no choice but to ask the person receiving them.

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:40:02 PM

Actually, some web wallets have that feature, and if bitcoins are sent to the sending addresses, then another user will get credited.

That is dumb.
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:00:40 AM

Not going to get much help without a bit more information.  txid to start with. 

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 09:21:19 AM

It sounds like he sent it back to delicious

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: