Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:31:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ducknote vs monero - what does the future hold?  (Read 2354 times)
Qsquegg (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:36:41 AM

so I was wondering, having read a lot about cryptonote recently, whether there's a discussion to be had about ducknote and its pros and cons vs monero? Other debates seem pretty tortuous resulting in flame wars, and I don't want to go down that road, but since ducknote is a promising fork, I was wondering out of interest how it shapes up in the XMR camp? What do you think the long-term holds for them both? I don't especially mean seeing which one's better or worse, just where each excels (and of course if i should buy in big now or not...Wink) Thoughts please!
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:47:55 PM

Don't know about Monero, but ducknote is on it's way to every financial capital in the world!

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:17:28 PM

Here's an idea: Why don't you give me half the money your were gonna to invest, then we'll go out back, I'll kick you in the nuts, and we'll call it a day!
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 01:26:54 AM

I think I've heard/read the name Ducknote once and Monero is so far the number 1 Cryptonote coin out there.

So I would say Monero for now, the coin has a great community, great devs, no premine/instamine, good distribution and quite a lot of haters here as you might have seen in this subforum.

It's already pretty popular even without an official GUI wallet and therefore hard to use for the average Joe. A lot of haters talk about the blockchain bloat but in my opinion it isn't a big issue because it simply isn't, also in the future people will use light wallets anyways.

And IIRC blockchain bloat is already reduced quite a lot and will be reduced more in the near future.
Qsquegg (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:58:53 AM

I think I've heard/read the name Ducknote once and Monero is so far the number 1 Cryptonote coin out there.

So I would say Monero for now, the coin has a great community, great devs, no premine/instamine, good distribution and quite a lot of haters here as you might have seen in this subforum.

It's already pretty popular even without an official GUI wallet and therefore hard to use for the average Joe. A lot of haters talk about the blockchain bloat but in my opinion it isn't a big issue because it simply isn't, also in the future people will use light wallets anyways.

And IIRC blockchain bloat is already reduced quite a lot and will be reduced more in the near future.

Yeah i've seen a lot from the monero community (both good and bad but in general enthusiasm) - I think this alone ensures there's momentum enough to iron out any sticking points like the bloat. Plus as you say, a bloat is not like a 100% premine, so not point in worrying about it fundamentally.

As for ducknote, it's interesting you haven't heard anything much about it - the community seems pretty enthusiastic too, not to mention somewhat better natured in discussions here than some posters in the monero threads. I've compared the spec from ducknote and monero, but arrived at the conclusion that each is pretty stable long-term... am I missing something do you think?

Any ducknote community members able to comment too?
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:23:17 AM

does not matter about the future of any Cnote coin now, as the multipool rape is in the works and soon enough it will be game over and will follow the same paths as all the other algos. raped and dumped daily.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:18:14 PM

does not matter about the future of any Cnote coin now, as the multipool rape is in the works and soon enough it will be game over and will follow the same paths as all the other algos. raped and dumped daily.
Follow the DRK ?

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Qsquegg (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:15:16 PM

I wasn't aware that it was game over for all other algos already - many are doing fine (and have been around longer than 5 minutes). At any rate, the technology behind these two coins i don't think will just die because of whatever fluctuations are seen in its currencies in the short term.
nrg_wolf
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:29:53 PM

Follow the DRK ?

i dont follow the DRK actually. Multipools are a scourge on all coins. making it impossible for lower end miners to make a reasonable to decent profit on coins.
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:43:38 PM

Ducknote is a joke compared to Monero.

youbob

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:03:10 PM

There are only 4 coins that I currently mine for, and all of them can be easily mined for using the mining Minegate(minergate.com).

MonetaVerde, Bytecoin, Ducknote, and Monero. Menero is today winner, for I'm mining for it right now. It's a toss up between Bytecoin, ducknote, and Monero. Currently I have 0.0066 btc value through Ducknote. 0.0013 btc value through Bytecoin.

I only choose MonetaVerde Coin base on it's newest, and the amount of coins I can get from it. Right now it's the same end value as FantomCoin.. but as I write this post the values are very so changing, I can't seem to keep up.

But you can't go wrong with mining for the 4 coins. They put me back to the level of bitcoin mining I use to be when I first started mining for bitcoin.

Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:29:33 PM

Ducknote is clearly #1.
Qsquegg (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:00:35 AM

There are only 4 coins that I currently mine for, and all of them can be easily mined for using the mining Minegate(minergate.com).

MonetaVerde, Bytecoin, Ducknote, and Monero. Menero is today winner, for I'm mining for it right now. It's a toss up between Bytecoin, ducknote, and Monero. Currently I have 0.0066 btc value through Ducknote. 0.0013 btc value through Bytecoin.

I only choose MonetaVerde Coin base on it's newest, and the amount of coins I can get from it. Right now it's the same end value as FantomCoin.. but as I write this post the values are very so changing, I can't seem to keep up.

But you can't go wrong with mining for the 4 coins. They put me back to the level of bitcoin mining I use to be when I first started mining for bitcoin.

Very interesting, I may give that a go actually.

Could you explain more?
JohnD

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 04:46:15 PM

Could anybody here tell some facts about ducknote vs. monero?
What are the differences?

danteT

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:10:09 AM

1. duckNote smart economy with its Bitcoin alike rewards and minimum block reward - unique. Monero just copied Bytecoin emission logic. duckNote made their own smart economy structure.
2. duckNote block time 4 min - for me it is perfect time. Monero 1 min blocks cause big blockchain size, lots of orphans.
3. duckNote devs made initial block size without penalty = 32kb, they know what they do, since the very beginning.
4. I can say that duckNote launch was fair and  surprising. and i don`t know why, but it smells scam when i look at Monero (botnets, viruses, unannounced GPU miners, bag holders - affiliated with Monero ), i don`t like Monero and don`t deal with it.
5. duckNote offers amazing cryptocurrency features with breakthrough marketing, i think duckNote is a new step.

duckNote vs Monero 5:0 this round

danteT

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:11:23 AM

Monero is a joke compared to itself.
danteT

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:22:53 AM

While speaking about duckNote, i can just post my favourite duck images and i don`t want to see what monero devs offer me to post as an image for it  Grin
nrg_wolf
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:29:14 AM

While speaking about duckNote, i can just post my favourite duck images and i don`t want to see what monero devs offer me to post as an image for it  Grin

thats not a duck, thats a goose lol.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 12:16:58 PM

1. duckNote smart economy with its Bitcoin alike rewards and minimum block reward - unique. Monero just copied Bytecoin emission logic. duckNote made their own smart economy structure.
2. duckNote block time 4 min - for me it is perfect time. Monero 1 min blocks cause big blockchain size, lots of orphans.
3. duckNote devs made initial block size without penalty = 32kb, they know what they do, since the very beginning.
4. I can say that duckNote launch was fair and  surprising. and i don`t know why, but it smells scam when i look at Monero (botnets, viruses, unannounced GPU miners, bag holders - affiliated with Monero ), i don`t like Monero and don`t deal with it.
5. duckNote offers amazing cryptocurrency features with breakthrough marketing, i think duckNote is a new step.

1. I don't think you can argue that one emission system is better than another, as long as both are fair. It is widely accepted, among those in the know, that Monero's emission curve is quite fine.

2. I'm currently seeing less than 0.5% submitted blocks being orphaned across the network. Pick any pool, in fact, and check how many orphaned blocks they have in their most recently mined blocks: http://moneropool.com/#pool_blocks

3. We inherited the block size penalty from thankful_for_today. It is not something we would have done, as the pitfalls are clear to us, and we have thus since fixed this.

4. As pointed out in 1, it is widely accepted that Moner's launch was fair. There are certainly botnets mining many cryptocurrencies, including Monero, but there is little evidence of it being anything more than the normal result of Monero's organic growth (the same thing happened with Bitcoin and more recently with Litecoin). Monero has had no viruses, only false positives, which is no different to Bitcoin's blockchain that is still flagged as a virus by many antivirus scanners. I fail to see where there have been unannounced GPU miners - when a GPU miner has become available it has been linked in the Bitcointalk OP and spoken about at length. Your bag holders point makes no sense - are you implying that there are people that bought Monero at a certain value and Monero is now worthless? Read the definition of bag holder before using it in a sentence to ensure less confusion. You certainly don't have to like Monero, but outrightly lying is not a very smart tactic. If you're going to say something it's probably better to back it up with a reference or two.

5. Monero offers the same features with no marketing at all, so you've got that going for you:-P

Buratino
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:20:04 PM

I think cryptocoin witn name "duckNote" can't be taken seriously by ordinal investors. It sounds like a joke.
Otherwise Monero is great name.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: