Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:04:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin via SMS?  (Read 4247 times)
David1102 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:43:53 PM

Hi I was wondering if I could pay for bit coin via SMS, by that I mean I get charged to my phone bill for the bit coin, I don't mean from my bank or anything like that I mean I text a confirmation code and it charges me or something like that, if that's possible can someone link me, If someone would sell me bit coin id wanna buy 0.0450
DjPxH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:47:11 PM

That'd be an interesting system. I don't know whether such a system exists, but you can send BTC via SMS. You can even send BTC via effectively every means of communication!
Quick google-search yields a site that may be a scam, beware! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252145.0

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
David1102 (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:52:45 PM

I don't mean to send bitcoin I never said send, I mean to full on buy it, how can I send it if I have none
DjPxH

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:54:00 PM

I don't mean to send bitcoin I never said send, I mean to full on buy it, how can I send it if I have none

I know, that's why I posted a link for a service that claims to do exactly what you're looking for. But like I said, be careful, people say that it's a scam. Always be careful and google if a service you're about to use may be a scam.

PRIMEDICE
David1102 (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:59:58 PM

Oh sorry didn't read that part cause I saw you say send and just reacted like to do to all other sites and google searches that say buy via SMS then comeup with only being able to send, and yeah those are scams
DjPxH

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:02:30 PM

Oh sorry didn't read that part cause I saw you say send and just reacted like to do to all other sites and google searches that say buy via SMS then comeup with only being able to send, and yeah those are scams

So I guess you better stay clear of those then  Undecided Maybe charging you via a telephone bill just isn't safe for the service provider since they may not receive their money but you have the bitcoins, which can't be charged back by definition!

PRIMEDICE
seandaniel

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Make Love Not War

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 01:16:16 PM

Hi I was wondering if I could pay for bit coin via SMS, by that I mean I get charged to my phone bill for the bit coin, I don't mean from my bank or anything like that I mean I text a confirmation code and it charges me or something like that, if that's possible can someone link me, If someone would sell me bit coin id wanna buy 0.0450

All i know is that you can buy prepaid load or recharge or topup payment through  bitcoin.
juicyjuice87

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:17:23 PM

Yes sir. I think most bitcoiners want to bury their heads in the sand on this one though..
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/moneypayment-com-to-partner-with-nxt-and-txt-coins-now-read-more-at-httpwww-m/
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:26:41 PM

service providors that do SMS charges only get at most 50% of the SMS fee.. so if you want $600 of bitcoin, expect to send 200 texts valued at $6 each, costing you $1200 just so the other guy receives his $600

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
RedDiamond

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:30:16 PM

Miranda from JustAnswer knows some sites: http://www.justanswer.com/general/82skl-buy-bitcoins-cell-phone.html
Whitehouse

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:45:41 PM

There used to be services like this back when bitcoin was a bit cheaper and I'm sure there will be a service that comes out somewhere that would do it again, but expect to pay a hefty premium for your coins.

ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:23:57 PM

In the US you are generally not able to buy bitcoin with your phone. There are some places in the world where this is supported, however you would only be able to purchase small amounts. You should expect to pay prices that are way above the market rate as well because charges to your phone bill can be disputed (read: reversed)
micaman

Activity: 345
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 03:26:39 PM

https://coinbase.com/sms_service
I don't know if it is working, but Coinbase provides a service which allows you to view balance, buy, sell, send or receive bitcoin.
Rampton

Activity: 525

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:34:48 PM

I think this would actually be a great service for those who find it hard to get a hold of btc or just don't trust exchnages, though the fees probably would be ridic.

Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:36:37 PM

I think this would actually be a great service for those who find it hard to get a hold of btc or just don't trust exchnages, though the fees probably would be ridic.

It would not be good as the fees would be too much for anyone to purchase therefore a poor business plan its been tried before and has failed every single time within the first few weeks.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:50:54 PM

Why would the fees be too much? People seem to purchase other things via text at extortionate rates so this could work.
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:19:49 PM

I agree, this could actually work. I have known people to purchase credits on sites such as Facebook using text messages so this really is just the same thing only it would be bitcoin. I don't see there being any high rates if they just take off you the money it costs to send the text message plus what they owe in bitcoins.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:12:58 PM

Buying bitcoin with sms have one big problem.... bitconi shop get only around 50% of SMS value
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:52:57 PM

I agree, this could actually work. I have known people to purchase credits on sites such as Facebook using text messages so this really is just the same thing only it would be bitcoin. I don't see there being any high rates if they just take off you the money it costs to send the text message plus what they owe in bitcoins.
I disagree. I think paying for bitcoin via SMS (aka your phone bill) would carry the same risks as accepting credit cards. The owner of the phone account could claim that their phone was stolen and they did not authorize the payment, the merchant would then be left on the hook for the disputed transaction.

DhaniBoy

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:36:39 PM

it's more safety if your bitcoin transaction through blockchain.info, you will have your own bank, you can receive and send through this wallet, i hope you will try this suggestion
thanks

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: