Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:42:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What Type of Investor are You? (and Why?)
Diversified - 3 (15%)
Consolidated - 2 (10%)
Strategic - 6 (30%)
Opportunistic - 6 (30%)
Combination of the Above - 3 (15%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Type of Investor are You? (and Why?)  (Read 1689 times)
zolace (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:33:59 PM

Simple...in what kind of investing do you partake or believe, and why?

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:16:30 PM

I answered "Strategic", although I am not entirely sure what that means, so I interpreted it in my own way.

I'd like to think my portfolio covers most of the bases. Retirement funds are largely diversified in the SP500 and Vanguard funds. Brokerage accounts hold individual stocks that I like or that I think represent good buys at the time. I am open to all investments - I don't draw lines between physical and paper assets and vow to only ever own one. I am not afraid to sell when the time calls for it, and every now and then I will get speculative.
eboard10

Activity: 261

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:19:26 PM

I also chose strategic in the sense that I have made a plan outlining the future outlook of the economy and am taking a series of investment decisions based on such outlook, i.e. holding mainly cash, precious metals and cryptocurrency.
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:01:08 PM

Opportunistic, like a shark - im always looking to make money with my money, made nice gains in stock through the dot com run then bought houses in 2009 at the absolute bottom

im very undiversified now, holding only RE & PM's. actually i have never been really diversified, this might be the most diversified i've ever been

i did read somewhere to put all your eggs in one basket and watch that basket closely, i didn't plan it that way, it just evolved itself

BIGbangTheory

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:24:46 PM

I like to speculate with my money. It allows me to have the potential of very high returns.
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:41:57 PM

Strategic investor.
Although it seems like all the investors here are strategic.  Grin
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:28:23 PM

A "strategic" investor would be one who is tied to a certain strategy: e.g. investing only in Divided Aristocrats, utilizing only a 60/40 stock/bond portfolio mix, only dollar cost averaging, only buy-and-hold, etc.

An "opportunistic" investor would be one who looks for profit-generating opportunities in all areas of life, both in asset and timing; the goal is the destination, not the journey. Think absolute return.

Diversified and consolidated are obviously the levels of investment in each asset (class) compared to other investments.
This is a tricky and somewhat smudgy definition. Is buying only stocks but in different sectors diversifying? Is buying GLD the same as buying physical gold? Thoughts?

My personal situation is Opportunistic/Diversified: physical farmland & oil, stocks, private equity fund, PM flipping biz.
A bit surprising as I'm a big believer of Consolidation.

blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:51:15 PM

I don't see an option for Hodler
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:57:11 PM

No matter what type of investor you are, if you make profit from the long run, you are a good investor. I choose diversified, put money in different area and mitigate the risk .
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:12:06 AM

Explanation about the different types of investidors(yes, I'm a noob)
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:15:14 AM

I'm a crypto-investor. 100% in crypto. I trade between them and I'll never convert it back to FIAT.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:22:19 AM

Im only holding BTC and XMR. The rest of coins serve as speculation tools to make more of the former, thus far no other coins have proven to me that they have a legitimate spot in the crypto world.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:56:16 AM

Strategic, definetly. Being on the scene for some time brings you some insight to what may happen, even if the market doesnt show any signs of it.
I laugh when people base their predictions on belief in a coin, or try to "read charts". Its wont yield you profit, best way to stay profitable, is to think when and why, rather than blindly follow..
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:37:08 PM

I'd say Strategic, Opportunistic.

I have a hard time turning down a good opportunity, but I like to have strategy behind what I put money into, which is often the climate surrounding the stock/bond/crypto/whatever. And sometimes I skip the strategy aspect of my investing, which often ends up landing me in trouble...

I like to jump on cheap stocks that have potential, but I often avoid cheap stocks with no potential, even if they're 99% guarenteed to go up.
51percemt

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:44:25 PM

I don't see an option for Hodler
a holder would be someone who buys and hold for the long run
ArbatDeli

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:46:38 PM

I'm a swing trader. Where does that fit in?

♦  Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com  ♦   ♦  Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets  ♦    ♦  Provably Fair  ♦ 
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:56:09 AM

I have no specific plans. I am event driven and act quickly when things move or in anticipation of a move.
I reckon that makes me an opportunistic trader

Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:36:11 PM

I'm not diversified now, but I plan to expand my investings when I reach certain ammount of money. Will take a while though. Now i'm 100% bitcoin.

I'm now more like Opportunistic because I need to rise money and capital, but I have certain expectations about the future, and will buy my portfolio based on them, regardless of short terms profits, but only after I get a good capital.

So i'm like a baby consolidated-opportunistic growing into a diversified-strategic investor.

DhaniBoy

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:08:26 AM

I was the type of strategic investors, investing Because we have to think about is how the investment funds that we will develop in the areas of strategic
for example, if we invest in the areas of housing, then I think it is a very strategic place to invest, because housing prices always rise every year, as well as if we invest in the land, I hope you are able to invest your money on things that are of strategic ...  Tongue

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MrBtcSenior

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:12:21 AM

I'm not a great investor, the only thing I can do is accumulating and store my coins.

♬-♬-♬-♬ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Earn up to 0.05 btc/week by posting in the LTB forum!!! ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ♬-♬-♬-♬ --------->
<--------- LTB coin now traded on Poloniex!!!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: