Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:59:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Story: Why Bitcoin Will Gain Traction Faster than We Think (The Five Stages o  (Read 2554 times)
hodap

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:33:05 PM

I personally do not see many people spend their coin. Most are hoarding in hope of higher price.

Hoarding behavior is clearly not the intended goal of a currency.

But hoarding gold or silver is commonplace, so is bitcoin more like a commodity or a fiat currency?

where do you guys get the idea that people don't hoard currency? have you never heard of a savings account at a bank? everyone hoards currency,unless you're broke and living paycheck to paycheck and have to spend it all.

That explain.

I live paycheck to paycheck.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:27:52 PM

I personally do not see many people spend their coin. Most are hoarding in hope of higher price.

But hoarding gold or silver is commonplace, so is bitcoin more like a commodity or a fiat currency?

where do you guys get the idea that people don't hoard currency? have you never heard of a savings account at a bank? everyone hoards currency,unless you're broke and living paycheck to paycheck and have to spend it all.

Hoarding, or saving, for shorter or longer time is the only purpose of money. There is no alternative use for it. Holding the money is the point. If nobody wants to hold it, it is not money.
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:02:11 PM

Hoarding, or saving, for shorter or longer time is the only purpose of money. There is no alternative use for it. Holding the money is the point. If nobody wants to hold it, it is not money.

Then again if it isn't traded them is no reason to be holding there needs to be a healthy balance and a reason for Bitcoin without traders and people who buy things for Bitcoin it would be totally useless to everyone and therefore holding because a useless act.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
thrax

Activity: 253
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:04:01 PM

People have to buy and sell bitcoins if they want to speculate on alt coins, so that should help to counter the problems caused by hoarders.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:24:16 PM

Then again if it isn't traded them is no reason to be holding there needs to be a healthy balance and a reason for Bitcoin without traders and people who buy things for Bitcoin it would be totally useless to everyone and therefore holding because a useless act.
This obsession with other people getting rid of their stash has to stop. Having some savings is a very sensible choice. It gives options that people without money don't have. Green is not your color, gentlemen.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: