Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:47:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I remastered a Bitcoin Logo in 4096px to make a T-shirt, download it here  (Read 2500 times)
rme (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:14:00 PM

I wanted a nice design for a T-Shirt, after searching a lot I find that the best image to use was the Coin found in the What is Bitcoin? video but I was unable to obtain the image in full resolution so I remastered it in Photoshop.

View the album here:
https://imgur.com/a/WvxB3

4096x4096 transparent background download:
https://i.imgur.com/lCP7YM1.png

Enjoy.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrianglePythagoras

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:30:47 PM

Nicely done, I like it.
leepsteer00

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:41:51 PM

Great job, thanks for your effort on making this!
bananaControl

Activity: 322

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:51:21 PM

A bitmap data file at 4096px?!! Why on earth not just make a vector file?
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:07:26 PM

Great work. Just out of curiosity: did you intentionally make the outer circles non-concentric? (to ehhr... reflect the "decentralized" nature of Bitcoin? ha ha)

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Fenriswolf

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:36:55 PM

Nicelly done that, good work rme!
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:51:58 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 07:13:41 PM by jbrnt

He probably did, that is how he exported a high res png. Most non-designer users here would find it difficult to get an application to print a vector graphic.
rme (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:55:15 PM

Great work. Just out of curiosity: did you intentionally make the outer circles non-concentric? (to ehhr... reflect the "decentralized" nature of Bitcoin? ha ha)

Yes, this way looks like a actual coin and not like just some circles.

I did it in Photoshop so I could not export it to SVG, but a reddit user has made a vector version here:
http://amgic.adultponyfinder.com/bitcoinLogo.svg
MagicSnow

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:57:56 PM

Good job!
rme (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:58:27 PM

Look at the T-shirt, looks great:

rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 08:01:28 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 09:31:23 PM by rohnearner

Hey bro can I use it ?
I'm thinking about using it on the backside it will look something like this.

FRONT:-

REAR:-

If you don't have any problems with it I'll soon launch a campaign and will see if anyone wants it.

d3stroy

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:22:16 PM

Great design! Thanks for sharing it with the community, maybe I'm going to buy a T-shirt with that design on it!  Cheesy
rme (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:49:58 PM

Hey bro can I use it ?

If you don't have any problems with it I'll soon launch a campaign and will see if anyone wants it.

Yes, everyone can use it.
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 09:18:01 PM

Hey bro can I use it ?

Yes, everyone can use it.
Thanks Smiley
anyone can order it here
Bitcointalk T-shirt

bananaControl

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:19:46 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 09:31:49 PM by bananaControl

I did it in Photoshop so I could not export it to SVG, but a reddit user has made a vector version here:

Make it as a path and export as EPS or an Illustrator file. Using Photoshop is not an excuse to not follow best practice.

EDIT
Not trying to be an idiot here, but learning to choose the right tool for the job is one of the first things one should do when venturing into a new field.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:12:35 PM

I did it in Photoshop so I could not export it to SVG,

Make it as a path and export as EPS or an Illustrator file. Using Photoshop is not an excuse to not follow best practice.

EDIT
Not trying to be an idiot here, but learning to choose the right tool for the job is one of the first things one should do when venturing into a new field.

the original image was a screen grab from a video.. so that makes the original file (source) bitmap.. the OP simply enlarged it and then cleaned it up and smoothed the edges.

and thats all he done. be greatful for anything someone does

he(rme) was not paid, commissioned or bountied to do it so i see no reason that you should make demands of him to put it into a special format for you.

its still a bitmap in the same format that he grabbed it (screen print button on pc). now if you want special formatting, maybe it is best you use his file and convert it yourself.. and by the way your not an idiot you (bananacontrol) are trying to act like a know-it-all, but not a do-it all.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bananaControl

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:26:03 PM

EDIT

the original image was a screen grab from a video.. so that makes the original file (source) bitmap.. the OP simply enlarged it and then cleaned it up and smoothed the edges.

he(rme) was not paid, commissioned or bountied to do it so i see no reason that you should make demands of him to put it into a special format for you.

its still a bitmap in the same format that he grabbed it (screen print button on pc). now if you want special formatting, maybe it is best you use his file and convert it yourself.. and by the way your not an idiot you (bananacontrol) are trying to act like a know-it-all, but not a do-it all.

I'm sorry that you misunderstood my intentions. It was merely an attempt at challenging OP to learn a little about the basics of the field he is dipping his toes into.
rme (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:29:55 PM

EDIT

I'm sorry that you misunderstood my intentions. It was merely an attempt at challenging OP to learn a little about the basics of the field he is dipping his toes into.

Definely working with vectors is a really good thing but I have not yet started using them.

As a personal challenge I will try to do a vector by myself.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 10:35:58 PM

Hey ! Thanks for sharing! Smiley This will be very good for my new t-shirt! :]

I can make it on my own but it is great that I don't have to do it as community is sharing it with us! Smiley

Cheers!

Regards!

bananaControl

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:43:48 PM

Definely working with vectors is a really good thing but I have not yet started using them.

As a personal challenge I will try to do a vector by myself.

That's the kind of spirit that will get one far. Even if provoked by a random arrogant idiot on the internet. Thumbs up for you OP!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: