Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:33:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How big do you think the Crypto bubble will get? Compared to internet bubble?  (Read 1962 times)
cryptopaths (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:37:39 PM

We are a part of the Crypto bubble the internet bubble 2.0

Crypto is following the same trajectory of the internet. The internet was created and then a couple years later start ups started to pop up.

Bitcoin was created then a couple years later start ups are starting to pop up.

How big do you think this bubble will get?
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:40:17 PM

Only time will tell I guess but Bitcoin has a big expectation by a lot of people and I'm not quite sure that it will live up to those expectations. but like I said only time will tell.

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:42:43 PM

Only time will tell I guess but Bitcoin has a big expectation by a lot of people and I'm not quite sure that it will live up to those expectations. but like I said only time will tell.

Only here does it seem like that.. Most people think BTC is a made up valueless peice of something they don't understand that hackers will "print" billions into existance of.

I think 1 mBTC will be worth 1 million during the peak of the bubble... Things will be bad.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 05:44:49 PM

in time bubbles will be denominated in BTC

so think big, really big

Cool

Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 05:59:40 PM

You know, I remember when Bitcoin first broke $100 each, and most folks thought it had peaked. Many early investors were gleefully selling thinking they had finally hit the jackpot. That's the smaller red box on the left, now...

Big. I expect this pattern will repeat itself many times over the course of the next two to three decades. It will continue to do so until fiat money is little more than distant memory - a bad joke.

Once humanity is looking at money through the lens of an true, honest-to-goodness consensus-based decentralized currency, we will look back in wonder how anyone tolerated the scam that is nation-state fiat scrip.

Give this a watch if you want to learn more. And this - Bitcoin the organism.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:06:40 PM

Only here does it seem like that.. Most people think BTC is a made up valueless peice of something they don't understand that hackers will "print" billions into existance of.

I think 1 mBTC will be worth 1 million during the peak of the bubble... Things will be bad.

I'm assuming you are speaking in terms of BTC/USD. If so, then $1B per BTC would be pretty damn crazy.

I mean, this implies that the overall market cap would be $21 quadrillion. Not even the entire world's M3 supply comes remotely close to just $1 quadrillion. So, we'd be in insane hysteria land at that point. Not sure if that's a good thing, but at this point in time, it doesn't.
cuddaloreappu

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:44:01 PM

what if bitcoin stays the same price but investment bubble happens only to bitcoin related companies?

just kidding
TrailingComet

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:00:15 PM

$25k to $50k per coin is as far as I allow my imagination to take me
I agree that some of the more optimistic scenarios are a real stretch of one's imagination

Baitty

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:02:27 PM

$25k to $50k per coin is as far as I allow my imagination to take me
I agree that some of the more optimistic scenarios are a real stretch of one's imagination

I still can't imagine it going that high. I think I could accept it going to $5k-10 but don't think it could go any higher than that.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:02:35 PM

You know, I remember when Bitcoin first broke $100 each, and most folks thought it had peaked. Many early investors were gleefully selling thinking they had finally hit the jackpot. That's the smaller red box on the left, now...

Big. I expect this pattern will repeat itself many times over the course of the next two to three decades. It will continue to do so until fiat money is little more than distant memory - a bad joke.

Once humanity is looking at money through the lens of an true, honest-to-goodness consensus-based decentralized currency, we will look back in wonder how anyone tolerated the scam that is nation-state fiat scrip.

Give this a watch if you want to learn more. And this - Bitcoin the organism.

Oh! HSoM! Good to know I'm not the only one watching that!

I fully agree with you, though, in the future, when we may very well finally be free from central banks (And most banks overall) we'll look back and ask; "We lived with WHAT?"

At least we'll have good stories to tell about how we were the earliest people to push for decentralization...
damnedcoin

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 07:08:26 PM

The Eternal Inflation Theory suggests that our Universe is just a bubble in a whole froth of Universes. The real question is whether Bitcoin resides within or outside this bubble.
maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:11:20 PM

https://stripe.com/blog/bitcoin-the-stripe-perspective

Important article that provides some perspective on this

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:28:44 PM

it's quite ridiculous to insinuate that 1 bitcoin will go for $1 billion dollars. seriously, all paper currency would have to no longer exist for that to even be a remote possibility, and then some more. that's probably more than the the whole assets of the U.S.

if there are 12 million bitcoins now, then that's 1 billion x 12 million. this is bias bitcoin evangelism here.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:36:11 PM

Crypto is following the same trajectory of the internet. The internet was created and then a couple years later start ups started to pop up.

I think we are in the early adaptors phase. I mean, still today, many people have no clue about wallets, bitcoin transactions etc..
New technology is generally adapted slowly.. it took a while until there were lightbulbs in every house hold, it took a while until there was a train network in the US, I think the same applies to cryptocurrency. Such things never happen in an eye blink, in a few years I think bitcoin market will be 4 to 10 times the current size.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:54:28 PM

I think we are in the early adaptors phase. I mean, still today, many people have no clue about wallets, bitcoin transactions etc..
New technology is generally adapted slowly.. it took a while until there were lightbulbs in every house hold, it took a while until there was a train network in the US, I think the same applies to cryptocurrency. Such things never happen in an eye blink, in a few years I think bitcoin market will be 4 to 10 times the current size.

we are moving towards singularity though. how long did it take for the internet to become ubiquitous? what about facebook? i know bitcoin is not the same thing as facebook or the internet, but we're talking about mass adoption here. i don't think bitcoin can grow as fast as facebook or the internet, but it can still grow faster than we expect.
teknohog

Activity: 519
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 08:09:10 PM

The Eternal Inflation Theory suggests that our Universe is just a bubble in a whole froth of Universes.
Get out while you can.

world famous math art | masternodes are bad, mmmkay?
Every sha(sha(sha(sha()))), every ho-o-o-old, still shines
hoewer4what

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:40:47 PM

Depends how many transactions daily Bitcoin can include, the interesting thing is we are still far from 1MB/block limit, so Bitcoin is hardly stress tested to get idea if it can be scaled to worldwide use like credit cards
MineForeman.com
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 08:48:41 PM

In my head I have a not very scientific model that only takes into account one thing, savings.

In that unscientific model I imagine what would it be like if we had 21 million people (of the 4+ billion there are in the world) that want to have 1 BTC in their savings portfolio.

I then apply supply and demand to my unscientific model and blow my mind Tongue .

Neil

Bitcoin News http://mineforeman.com/ || MinePeon - Bitcoin mining on the Raspberry PI http://mineforeman.com/minepeon/ || MinePeon Wiki http://minepeon.com/ || MinePeon Forums http://minepeon.com/forums/
Kipsy89

Activity: 280

Relax!

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:58:45 PM

Man, the way you say that implies that you believe Bitcoin will face a similar fate like the Internet bubble! It may be devastating! On the plus side: We're investing in a technology here not in a single company that may or may not actually live up to their promise. Just don't get distracted by all these altcoins!

Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:56:18 PM

You seem to be very focussed on this 'bubble' thing.

Do you realize how HUGE the internet has actually become? Like, an essential part of our every day life that our society and economy can't do without anymore? I wouldn't call that a bubble.

Yes, there have been some bubble movements in the early days of internet, and similarly now in the early days of Bitcoin. No big deal. Sure there will be a few bumps further down the road, but the road is going in the right direction* nonetheless.

(*to the moon)

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: