Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:31:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's good luck to tip The Satosh via the Wisdom Well  (Read 3672 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2012, 05:12:18 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2012, 07:10:36 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

The genesis coins haven't been spent yet.

This is going futher offtopic, however,

The block chain (now) starts with block 0.
 - http://blockexplorer.com/b/0

And the address for the 50 BTC generated is here:
 - http://blockexplorer.com/address/1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa

Not only has that coin not been spent, it has received nearly a dozen "tips", adding more than .11 BTC to its balance.

Others have done it, so why not consider doing it for the luck of it.

Make a wish when you tip The Satosh via the Wisdom Well. Possibly the only wishing well on the internet that may never be converted to fiat.

The Satosh is short for Satoshi Nakamoto as The Fonz is short for Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli.

~Bruno~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 05:15:09 AM

...and the wishing well that has one of the highest probabilities of your wish-coins's not being spent.

Liberate

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Freedom is Free

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 04:42:57 PM

may do indeed...

Will code for coins, python c#, php(+html, jss, sql) scripts can also pen testing(not a skid) PM me https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=71889.msg813212#msg813212

BTC: 1X8Uwr6vxtuudvxgPv9SqP2c6omWUC3qn
LTC: LaZ8A9YTHbNiFuhRFdCt7KNRuU2XFPXgfA
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2012, 08:46:10 PM

A wishing well is a term from European folklore to describe wells where it was thought that any spoken wish would be granted. The idea that a wish would be granted came from the idea that water housed deities or had been placed there as a gift from the gods, since water was a source of life and often a scarce commodity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wishing_well

Bitcoin: A scarce commodity, offered to us as a gift from Satoshi Nakamoto, a pseudonym of an entity some claim consist of more than one person, with some claiming him divine.

Now, we have the wish needing to be spoken or, since this is the internet, penned, if the wish is to come to fruition. Therefore, the transaction needs to be made public and the wish proclaimed.

Who's going to make the first wish by sending bitcoins to The Satosh via 1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa.

~Bruno~
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 08:56:34 PM

I sent ~.0268 yesterday.

Satoshi, I wish you'd buy my house.  Tongue
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 02:09:58 AM

has anyone ever thought of the possibility that the coins are just lost. its very likely satoshi will never get them.

CoinLab

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 02:20:53 AM

Check out CoinLab's donation to the genesis address.  First Vanity Address!  Wink
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 02:49:30 AM

has anyone ever thought of the possibility that the coins are just lost. its very likely satoshi will never get them.
Quite possible. So, we've effectively increased the value of BTC for everyone through deflation.

You're welcome.  Smiley  Tongue
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 03:40:37 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2012, 05:23:43 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Send Payment

Sent 0.0424242 BTC to 1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa

I've tipped The Satosh 0.0424242 BTC, then declared my wish:

Om! I wish that whomever has control over the Genesis Block, uses their newly acquired coins wisely, as I'm sure they will. Om!

~Bruno~

PS: Notice the Om! before and after the wish. Nothing like adding a little Karma into the mix.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 04:09:04 AM

Electricbees

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 05:04:11 AM

I sent ~.0268 yesterday.

Satoshi, I wish you'd buy my house.  Tongue
...I wish I could buy your house. Or any house...

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 07:18:28 PM

Make a wish by tipping The Satosh via the Wisdom Well. At today's exchange rate, a wise .0424242 BTC offering should suffice in having your wish granted. The Genesis Block address is 1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa.

~Bruno~
bitlotto

Activity: 672

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 08:18:12 PM

Interesting. I always liked the idea of doing something like:
1WELOVEYOUSATOSHI12q (would have to figure out a valid address) or something. Then at least even though you're throwing your money away there is a message to it! Wink

BUT IF you are going to throw your money AWAY it would probably be better to support BTC businesses. It will do more good. It will help people rather than waste it.

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
bitlotto

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 09:07:59 PM

1WELOVEYOUSATOSHI12q (would have to figure out a valid address) or something. Then at least even though you're throwing your money away there is a message to it! Wink

BUT IF you are going to throw your money AWAY it would probably be better to support BTC businesses. It will do more good. It will help people rather than waste it.

You mean like lotto tickets? LOL
I guess so!  Tongue
I was thinking any business. Got to get the Bitcoin economy thriving. Donating would be good too!

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 09:13:30 PM

Agreed.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 10:33:08 PM

I know it's not because I check every time in my absent mindedness, but I swear every time I see your avatar I think it's Ai Shinozaki.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 10:48:54 PM

I know it's not because I check every time in my absent mindedness, but I swear every time I see your avatar I think it's Ai Shinozaki.

Ai Shinozaki will do nicely! I'm going to change it to Ai Shinozaki just to keep your head on straight. LOL

If everyone's avatars were Ai Shinozaki, I would never get any trolling done.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 11:22:47 PM

Agreed.

Well fuck me in my ass! You are so correct with that assessment. I should have held on to those two thin dimes ($.20 USD) and used them for a purchase from a more proper Bitcoin related enterprise. The next time I see somebody tossing a quarter into a wishing well, I'm going to berate that bitch to no end, teller her that she's lost her fuckin' mind for tossing a perfectly good coin into a worthless well, when she could use that same coin to stimulate the economy by spending that same quarter at the shoppe across the street.

~Bruno~
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 11:24:01 PM

Agreed.

Well fuck me in my ass! You are so correct with that assessment. I should have held on to those two thin dimes ($.20 USD) and used them for a purchase from a more proper Bitcoin related enterprise. The next time I see somebody tossing a quarter into a wishing well, I'm going to berate that bitch to no end, teller her that she's lost her fuckin' mind for throwing perfectly good coins into a worthless well, when she could use that same coin to stimulate the economy by spending that quarter at the shoppe across the street.

~Bruno~

You forget that the people (aka clowns) around here think that Bitcoins are going to be worth millions of dollars a piece someday.  Cheesy

P.S. Chucking coins at a high velocity can totally be worth the price if you hit something interesting. Like an Atlas. The kind that has information inside of it of course.

bitlotto

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2012, 01:50:31 AM

Agreed.

Well fuck me in my ass! You are so correct with that assessment. I should have held on to those two thin dimes ($.20 USD) and used them for a purchase from a more proper Bitcoin related enterprise. The next time I see somebody tossing a quarter into a wishing well, I'm going to berate that bitch to no end, teller her that she's lost her fuckin' mind for tossing a perfectly good coin into a worthless well, when she could use that same coin to stimulate the economy by spending that same quarter at the shoppe across the street.

~Bruno~

LOL. I was only get at larger amounts. But ya, for small amounts who cares. I like the idea though of an address that has a message for tossing the BTC away.

TOR2WEB
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: