Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:54:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Viacoin vs. Syscoin vs. Crypti  (Read 4381 times)
stormia (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:30:44 PM

Three new coins with interesting features have come out around the same time, each with an ICO/Pre-sale. They each have their differences and similarities. I'd like to start a discussion about these coins. Which of these coins seems the most promising and why?

Links to coin threads

Crypti: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654463.0
Syscoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587080.0
Viacoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278

Very brief overview

Crypti:
New source written in node.js
Implements three new proof systems (Proof-of-Purchase, Proof-of-Time, Proof-of-Identity)
Custom blockchains and SDK
Non-anonymous devs
Pre-sale complete (~750 BTC raised for 100% of coin supply)

Syscoin:
Scrypt-based Proof-of-Work
Decentralized markets, secure data storage, and digital certificates/assets on the blockchain
Non-anonymous devs
Pre-sale underway (hopes to raise 1500 BTC for ~15% of coin supply)

Viacoin:
Scrypt-based Proof-of-Work
Implementation of ClearingHouse
Pseudoanonymous dev (btcdrak is a well known trader and member of bitcointalk, but I don't think his real identity is disclosed)
Pre-sale complete (~610 BTC raised for ~10% of coin supply)

Disclaimer: I invested a small amount into each of these three coins during their respective pre-sales.
profitofthegods

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 07:59:24 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 09:20:04 PM by profitofthegods

Crypti certainly looks cheap compared to the other two, but if the whole coin supply is out in the open before they even start getting merchants on board they are going to have to rely on a lot of people keeping the faith and holding long term, because supply is going to massively outstrip demand for quite a while. Lots of positivity around it. I think it will rise in the short term after the block chain is launched, but will need to generate a lot of momentum to keep that higher value.

Syscoin looks expensive, but its very unlikely that they will sell all 15% and they won't pre-mine anything which doesn't get sold, so in the short to medium term it will be a much rarer coin. The partnership with Moolah should help drive demand. It has attracted quite a bit of negativity so the price may dip a bit after launch from people changing their mind and panic selling for a loss, but it will have a much better supply to demand ratio which means that in the medium term I see it doing better even if the high price means that the long term maximum potential profits are more limited.

Viacoin never really caught my eye so I don't know much about it.
saamxx

Activity: 546
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:44:05 PM

"well known trader and member of bitcointalk" without real indentification - the most worst among all possible characteristic.
In example, hippie tech, muddafuda - also the well known members of bitcointalk Grin
And what?
Simply, the one members simulate some respectability, and other don't do it at all.
Now it correspondings with coin's value?
The hidden Via IPO with first 75bts transactions put them by the one notch.
Like the backrolling of vrc blockchain made the coin derelict, the crafty Via IPO makes the Via dev not trustworthy, anymore.

So,there are only two coins involves in competition — Crypti and Sys Wink
stormia (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:20:50 PM

Crypti certainly looks cheap compared to the other two, but if the whole coin supply is out in the open before they even start getting merchants on board they are going to have to rely on a lot of people keeping the faith and holding long term, because supply is going to massively outstrip demand for quite a while. Lots of positivity around it. I think it will rise in the short term after the block chain is launched, but will need to generate a lot of momentum to keep that higher value.

Syscoin looks expensive, but its very unlikely that they will sell all 15% and they won't pre-mine anything which doesn't get sold, so in the short to medium term it will be a much rarer coin. The partnership with Moolah should help drive demand. It has attracted quite a bit of negativity so the price may dip a bit after launch from people changing their mind and panic selling for a loss, but it will have a much better supply to demand ratio which means that in the medium term I see it doing better even if the high price means that the long term maximum potential profits are more limited.

Viacoin I never really caught my eye so I don't know much about it.

I agree, Crypti's price seems much more reasonable since the presale released all the coin supply. But, this could be an issue in itself as you said. Also, Crypti seems to me to be the most experimental and innovative of the three, which is exciting and promising but perhaps more risky as such- I'm curious to see how the new proof systems work out. 

Partnership with Moolah for Syscoin is nice, at this time it is hard to say whether or not they will reach their goal of 1500 BTC for the pre-sale (only about 200 invested so far). I personally think 1500 BTC for 15% of the supply is too much, but syscoin has demonstrated that some of the functions it promises are already in place and ready for launch, which is nice. I think they are debating changing the block reward schedule too.
stormia (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:24:04 PM

"well known trader and member of bitcointalk" without real indentification - the most worst among all possible characteristic.
In example, hippie tech, muddafuda - also the well known members of bitcointalk Grin
And what?
Simply, the one members simulate some respectability, and other don't do it at all.
Like the backrolling of vrc blockchain made the coin derelict, the crafty Via IPO makes the Via dev not trustworthy, anymore.

The pseudo-anonymity is a bit of a concern to me as well. I'm not sure why btcdrak has not disclosed his true identity as this would certainly instill additional trust into him and the project. He may have given a reason and I missed it.

The 75 btc investment has been verified to be Otoh, his statement is quite reassuring in my opinion (it is nice to know big investors have long-term confidence in the project).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg7941457#msg7941457
saamxx

Activity: 546
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:38:51 PM

And what?

The pseudo-anonymity is a bit of a concern to me as well. I'm not sure why btcdrak has not disclosed his true identity as this would certainly instill additional trust into him and the project. He may have given a reason and I missed it.

The 75 btc investment has been verified to be Otoh, his statement is quite reassuring in my opinion (it is nice to know big investors have long-term confidence in the project).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg7941457#msg7941457
lol I also could write here anything you want. It is just the written words in given link-they do not cost anything.
I don't want to disscus about it. I said what i said. Wink
cwb27

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:27:32 PM

syscoin too the moon. u guys should mortgage all your house and car to pay for syscoin..just u wait, dev need all your money because they did one thing no one ever did. combining litecoin and namecoin, that is 1500 btc worthy, i say each syscoin will be worth more than 1 bitcoin in 1 month. why are u not selling your house yet?
profitofthegods

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 10:46:22 PM

syscoin too the moon. u guys should mortgage all your house and car to pay for syscoin..just u wait, dev need all your money because they did one thing no one ever did. combining litecoin and namecoin, that is 1500 btc worthy, i say each syscoin will be worth more than 1 bitcoin in 1 month. why are u not selling your house yet?

Was it Litecoin or Namecoin they cloned the decentralized marketplace from?
cwb27

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:56:47 PM

look i dont know wat u saying

all i want is ppl to invest in syscoin, so i can get rich off them. why cant u let me do that ok. dont hav to be so angry
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:20:38 PM

all of these coins will take a lot of time to deliver what they promise. if they even do.

therefore People investing in the IPOs are of these catagories.

I.       Real investors that understand it will take a long time
II.      PnD Investors that know this will take time so are buying to sell at the the first peak
III.     Wanna be PnD Investors who think can outsmart category II
IV.     Real investors that do not understand it will take a long time. This are the ones that invest thinking they will be millionaires. Not understanding that the better the project is the longer it will take to go mainstream. They will see the price plummet after one or two pumps and dump their coins

History has shown that the IPOs have mostly gone sour. They are designed for for category I . Always abused by category II thanks to investors from category III and IV

Good luck with the investments.
mwheeleruk

Activity: 554
Merit: 500

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:23:13 AM

Just to quote from danosphere instead of writing it in my form - This was a response to someone asking if Syscoin was asking in relation to Apps / Syscoin based on LTC:

Syscoin takes components of bitcoin, litecoin, and namecoin- combines the core tenants of these coins and then expands on that functionality significantly. Yes, we also have plans to build proper "apps" on top of this extended functionality but I think you might be mistaking Syscoin for what is commonly referred to as a "clone coin".

"Clone coin's" take the litecoin code, copy it, tweak very little about it (commonly coin specs and the type of PoW, or slap in PoW/PoS split)- and then release this as a "new coin" with really nothing new and no innovation. These coins are often accompanied by "road maps" with features everyone wants (anon! marketplaces! escrow!) but the developers never plan on actually delivering. Price rockets upwards after launch based on speculation of features that are never delivered, devs immediately dump and move on to their next clone coin (X15C, XST, ROX are great example of this).

To be very clear this is not what Syscoin is, Syscoin is the opposite- there is nothing like Syscoin currently on the market, and it is the furthest thing from a "clone coin" possible. The features we're talking about in the first post are features we are LAUNCHING with; not something we're hoping to do in the future. Also we aren't moving to any other coins, we are here to work on Syscoin and grow its value and ecosystem.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
mwheeleruk

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:36:28 AM

Syscoin devs are too greedy. They are selling at a price THEY think you should buy at. They think they can sell it for sky high price by talking about look how much innovation we did. bla bla bla

Innovation for the sake of innovation

Crypti is the most reasonably priced. Buying upto 4000 satoshi will be a good deal in Crypti

Okay.

Opinions are opinions. No need to go and turn it into a FUD thread without any questions asked of which we cannot respond to to clarify.

If you have a question, go via the Official Thread / ANN for Syscoin and ask it there. Every single question, has had a response, You got to look at the point that's already been made is the fact the the 1500 Presale, is an amount Up to 1500.

Invest into another coin if Syscoin isnt for you, that's not a problem.

mwheeleruk

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:04:53 AM

No point in going over whats already been said to you in the official ANN thread. Amendments are been made, just keep updated via the various channels.

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:56:01 AM

What are you think about STORJ?
profitofthegods

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 11:18:06 AM

Just to quote from danosphere instead of writing it in my form - This was a response to someone asking if Syscoin was asking in relation to Apps / Syscoin based on LTC:

Syscoin takes components of bitcoin, litecoin, and namecoin- combines the core tenants of these coins and then expands on that functionality significantly. Yes, we also have plans to build proper "apps" on top of this extended functionality but I think you might be mistaking Syscoin for what is commonly referred to as a "clone coin".

"Clone coin's" take the litecoin code, copy it, tweak very little about it (commonly coin specs and the type of PoW, or slap in PoW/PoS split)- and then release this as a "new coin" with really nothing new and no innovation. These coins are often accompanied by "road maps" with features everyone wants (anon! marketplaces! escrow!) but the developers never plan on actually delivering. Price rockets upwards after launch based on speculation of features that are never delivered, devs immediately dump and move on to their next clone coin (X15C, XST, ROX are great example of this).

To be very clear this is not what Syscoin is, Syscoin is the opposite- there is nothing like Syscoin currently on the market, and it is the furthest thing from a "clone coin" possible. The features we're talking about in the first post are features we are LAUNCHING with; not something we're hoping to do in the future. Also we aren't moving to any other coins, we are here to work on Syscoin and grow its value and ecosystem.

Thanks for clarifying, I was actually being sarcastic because neither Litecoin nor Namecoin has a decentralized marketplace like Syscoin has developed.

look i dont know wat u saying

all i want is ppl to invest in syscoin, so i can get rich off them. why cant u let me do that ok. dont hav to be so angry

Sorry, I thought you were being sarcastic. I'm certainly not angry; I bought some Syscoin too.
mwheeleruk

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:06:05 PM

It's good, I just saw the comparison and jumped to it. Nice to see your into Syscoin, Look out for an announcement later from us.

ddnn46

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:18:50 PM

Crypti will be the winner..
mwheeleruk

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:32:47 AM

It's good, I just saw the comparison and jumped to it. Nice to see your into Syscoin, Look out for an announcement later from us.

Now amended via he official Thread for Syscoin HERE  Wink

Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:32:25 PM

Didn´t invest in Crypti, will not invest Syscoin, but got a bunch of Viacoin.

Didn´t think Crypti is a scam, but I didn´t like it. But Syscoin is kind of dangerous, I have a scammy feeling about it, due to the latest changes.

But all 3 of them have greedy devs.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:10:45 AM

I like Syscoin and Viacoin. Distributed marketplaces are key. Crypti promises to make one later, Viacoin.. coming soon, Syscoin is supposed to start with it operational in weeks. Major win for whatever coin manages it. (these or future coins)

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: