Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:39:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk app for iOS  (Read 2857 times)
Cryptopher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:33:06 PM

I've searched the app store but to no avail, I've found links online that lead to dead ends, some suggest that the application was removed from Apple's App Store, while some suggest that the app isn't available in my country.

I've searched the Meta sub-forum for iOS application and found only this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=640323.0

So I wonder, are there plans to (re)introduce a Bitcointalk application in the Apple App Store?

I've seen that there is and Android version, but I switched back over the Apple prior to joining the forum.

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fonenumba

Activity: 411
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:34:59 PM

If you have a iPad or other tablet, you can simply your use browser to login to the forum and it works just as well as any app would.
goozman96

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:36:45 PM

Apple doesn't like anything that mentions bitcoin. Cheesy
I'm sure someone will eventually make one, though. Your fault for switching to Apple. Tongue

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
rhino34567

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:09:52 AM

I'm sure someone will eventually make one, though. Your fault for switching to Apple. Tongue
That's not really true. They did previously remove bitcoin wallets, but nothing else related to Bitcoin. Besides, they already re-allowed wallets.

BTCreward

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:15:10 AM

Apple previously did not allow bitcoin wallets, but they did allow bitcoin related apps, like zeroblock. IIRC apple did recently start to allow bitcoin wallets back on the iphone again.

Cryptopher (OP)
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:47:48 AM

If you have a iPad or other tablet, you can simply your use browser to login to the forum and it works just as well as any app would.

Unfortunately for me I am using an iPhone so the website is a little cumbersome. I will probably end up switching to Android again in the future, get the app and a bigger screen. Would be nice to have the equivalent application available to Apple users too.

About 99.9% of my activity is via the browser on my machine, but I would probably be browsing the forums on the go with the application.

devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:13:40 PM

Unfortunately for me I am using an iPhone so the website is a little cumbersome. I will probably end up switching to Android again in the future, get the app and a bigger screen. Would be nice to have the equivalent application available to Apple users too.

About 99.9% of my activity is via the browser on my machine, but I would probably be browsing the forums on the go with the application.

Try out http://bitcointa.lk when it's fixed. The Bitcointa.lk design is a lot easier to navigate on mobile devices than the standard one.

Cryptopher (OP)
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:24:30 PM

Try out http://bitcointa.lk when it's fixed. The Bitcointa.lk design is a lot easier to navigate on mobile devices than the standard one.

Thanks for sharing, I wasn't aware of this. Is this just a third party view of the forum, or was it commissioned by the forum operators? I'd feel a little anxious putting my credentials in anywhere other than here.

devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:51:14 PM

Thanks for sharing, I wasn't aware of this. Is this just a third party view of the forum, or was it commissioned by the forum operators? I'd feel a little anxious putting my credentials in anywhere other than here.

You can check out this thread for more information.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=515932.0
It was created by a Hero Member here.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: