Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:28:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Legal Advise  (Read 1190 times)
112524 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:40:21 PM

As someone from Europe who is willing to invest into the growth of cryptocurrencies in India. I am looking for legal advise on Bitcoin in India.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:11:19 AM

As someone from Europe who is willing to invest into the growth of cryptocurrencies in India. I am looking for legal advise on Bitcoin in India.

This list may help you out

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=369278.0

Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:35:42 PM

Try Mr Vijayashankar aka Naavi
Has been associated with crypto law in India since the beginning
Benson the mod should be able to spot you with his coordinates

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:08:56 PM

Though Naavi is a knowledgeable person in cyber law, he probably does not hold a law degree. So chances are that, he may not be able to represent u at court, if required.

Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 04:44:30 PM

Though Naavi is a knowledgeable person in cyber law, he probably does not hold a law degree. So chances are that, he may not be able to represent u at court, if required.

Yep, he has confirmed this himself to us.

adv.kanishk

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:01:24 PM

Will be glad if I could be of assistance. I am the founder of legal firm by the name of CriTaxCorp which deals into Criminal-Taxation-Corporate. My firm is already providing legal services to one of the bitcoin exchange in india i.e. millibits.

you may also visit my website www.critaxcorp.com

Rest if you would like to connect you may PM me or contact me at my details below. Lastly, we also provide our services which can be paid in bitcoin.

Regards
--
Kanishk Agarwal
Advocate
CriTaxCorp
Criminal-Taxation-Corporate
www.critaxcorp.com
+919971666252
+919999966252
adv.kanishk

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:03:18 PM

This list may help you out

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=369278.0

[/quote]
 Thanx subvolatil  Smiley
nandubatchu

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 03:52:08 PM

Mr. Kanishk

Is it legal to accept donations via bitcoins Internationally in India?
adv.kanishk

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:57:17 PM

Accepting bitcoins from international market may have the following points of consideration-:

1. Purpose of use of donation amount. Like for which foundation or reason it will be used. If you dont use it for donation purpose then its a scam and criminal sections get invoked

2. How much donations per person is allowed. United States at time of election also started accepting bitcoin as donation but it was limited to $100

3. The company asking for donation should be a non-profit organization.

4. Now the acceptance of bitcoin from NRI may have the impact under RBI guidlines. As you have termed it as donation it means it is a kind of consideration you are asking for and as of now it is not deemed as currency, then it can be import of software codes which will have its own implicattions.

5. If you term it as donation then your books can be scrutinised by department because you cannot use it for other purpose.

6. Certain other aspects which need to be seen after studying the donation model and NPO behind it

So my friend you need to see that are you really asking for donation purpose or trying to fill your wallet under donation scheme  Grin
subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:05:08 PM

Accepting bitcoins from international market may have the following points of consideration-:

1. Purpose of use of donation amount. Like for which foundation or reason it will be used. If you dont use it for donation purpose then its a scam and criminal sections get invoked

2. How much donations per person is allowed. United States at time of election also started accepting bitcoin as donation but it was limited to $100

4. Now the acceptance of bitcoin from NRI may have the impact under RBI guidlines. As you have termed it as donation it means it is a kind of consideration you are asking for and as of now it is not deemed as currency, then it can be import of software codes which will have its own implicattions.

5. If you term it as donation then your books can be scrutinised by department because you cannot use it for other purpose.

6. Certain other aspects which need to be seen after studying the donation model and NPO behind it

So my friend you need to see that are you really asking for donation purpose or trying to fill your wallet under donation scheme  Grin

Great advice man. +1
ani4444

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:20:55 PM

Since we are discussing on this topic, if the entity taking donation is not NGO and suppose someone who has developed a free bitcoin application and is accepting bitcoin donations from the users. How do these points apply then?
adv.kanishk

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:39:52 PM

Then I need to look into the business model and then I can advice properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: