Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:37:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: well, ether sale has started.  (Read 9068 times)
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:31:41 AM

They are still making a lot of money for funding the project they have
Looking at the site its 7,182,144 ETH
Or near 3600 Bitcoin * 600 = 2.15 million  Shocked
https://www.ethereum.org/

I have supported ethereum buying some of them, but I think it's a risky investment so I gambled only a little amount.
Schaufelbagger

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:34:43 AM

i initially thought it was the ether that johnny depp was on in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

http://www.shadowlocked.com/images/stories/LISTS/vegas/002_Fear_And_Loathing_In_Las_Vegas.jpg

Yeahhh! That's an awesome movie!
profitofthegods

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 11:39:36 AM

I have supported ethereum buying some of them, but I think it's a risky investment so I gambled only a little amount.

I think this is what I'll do. I've been looking forward to the ether presale and was planning to buy some all along, but now I see the details I think I will buy spend less than I had intended.
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:49:55 AM

It's pretty much the same as ripple and that ended in a bad way with people calling out it was a scam way before it actually ended this is very risky and some of the terms and conditions that the developers have set out are just laughable.

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:07:41 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 12:22:45 PM by r0ach

It's pretty much the same as ripple and that ended in a bad way with people calling out it was a scam way before it actually ended this is very risky and some of the terms and conditions that the developers have set out are just laughable.

The ultimate paradox is people claiming they're releasing "generation 2" coins that are supposedly better than Bitcoin in every way and should replace it, yet they want you to give them your BTC for it.  Hey man, I got this coin that's way better than Bitcoin, give me your Bitcoins and I'll give them to you, just consider it a favor!

We won't even get into the fact that IPO is just a fraud to create as much premine as you want by creating mule accounts, sending BTC to yourself with the mule accounts, then the BTC returns to you + the infinite premine.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Mercator

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:13:59 PM

This is certainly a risky proposition seen as an investment. However seen as a support for a really smart bunch of people with very ambitious plans for a Web 3.0 system it makes total sense.

The original investors might not make any money on this but similarly to the dot-com boom a lot of goood stuff may eventually come out of this.

Overall though this kind of pseudo-IPO shows more and more how easy and quick it is to raise substantial funds in a very short time without going through all of the expensive hoops of a traditional IPO.

We will be seeing lots of these type of fundraisers in the near future - showing how much the crypto world can overcome the institutional barriers in the failing world of fiat.

Soon perhaps raising $100 million plus in BTC fundraisers like this will no longer be surprising.

As it seems so  easy and direct just to use BTC to fund-raise, why did Maidsafe need to include Mastercoin and why did Swarmcorp need to include Counterparty?
profitofthegods

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 12:37:44 PM

The ultimate paradox is people claiming they're releasing "generation 2" coins that are supposedly better than Bitcoin in every way and should replace it, yet they want you to give them your BTC for it.  Hey man, I got this coin that's way better than Bitcoin, give me your Bitcoins and I'll give them to you, just consider it a favor!

We won't even get into the fact that IPO is just a fraud to create as much premine as you want by creating mule accounts, sending BTC to yourself with the mule accounts, then the BTC returns to you + the infinite premine.

The reason they want the Bitcoin is because they can sell it for fiat to pay for their expenses. If they just kept the pre-mine of their own coin to sell they wouldn't get any income for a long time, and if they sold it directly for fiat rather than Bitcoin they would have more legal problems.
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:45:38 PM

As much as I like Vitalik Buterin I don't like the IPO of any coin.
But I am very glad that Vitalik has managed to raise a lot of BTC for his team.
Personally I am seeing a bright future for Monero with rpetilas perfect laid out distribution of the coin.

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:01:47 PM

The reason they want the Bitcoin is because they can sell it for fiat to pay for their expenses. If they just kept the pre-mine of their own coin to sell they wouldn't get any income for a long time, and if they sold it directly for fiat rather than Bitcoin they would have more legal problems.

Please, one star shill account, the entire thing is designed to be a money grab from the ground up.  The IPO method is the most fraudulent, ripe for abuse, coin distribution method possible.  Vitalik is not an idiot and assuredly knows this.  He chose the worst coin distribution method possible solely for personal gain.

Issuing currency for profit is no different than what the central bankers we already have do right now, as I've posted months ago in the thread "Poll:  Should IPOs be banned from the forum":

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=443196.0

1/2 of people voted yes, the other half is probably entirely NXT shill accounts.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:03:47 PM

The aborted IPO earlier sent all sorts of alarm signals earlier. This is a group which just wants to be paid now, and its upto the buyers to see if their investment is worth anything.
Just wait after it is over and if  you still want it you will get from big sell-offs at cheaper prices.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Baitty

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:06:55 PM

The aborted IPO earlier sent all sorts of alarm signals earlier. This is a group which just wants to be paid now, and its upto the buyers to see if their investment is worth anything.
Just wait after it is over and if  you still want it you will get from big sell-offs at cheaper prices.

A LOT of people are going to get burned by this scam and they have tried to disguise it has best as they could it's now being discussed throughout this forum about the potential signals of scams.

profitofthegods

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 01:12:35 PM

Please, one star shill account, the entire thing is designed to be a money grab from the ground up.  The IPO method is the most fraudulent, ripe for abuse, coin distribution method possible.  Vitalik is not an idiot and assuredly knows this.  He chose the worst coin distribution method possible solely for personal gain.

Issuing currency for profit is no different than what the central bankers we already have do right now, as I've posted months ago in the thread "Poll:  Should IPOs be banned from the forum":

1/2 of people voted yes, the other half is probably entirely NXT shill accounts.

When you start your reply with a personal insult directed at me simply because I haven't used this particular forum as much or for as long as you, you loose all credibility for anything you might say afterwards.
Nullu

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:16:14 PM

Sounds like a lot of fancy wishy-washy marketing spiel to win over investors, than actual end-users.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:17:55 PM

Please, one star shill account, the entire thing is designed to be a money grab from the ground up.  The IPO method is the most fraudulent, ripe for abuse, coin distribution method possible.  Vitalik is not an idiot and assuredly knows this.  He chose the worst coin distribution method possible solely for personal gain.

When you start your reply with a personal insult directed at me simply because I haven't used this particular forum as much or for as long as you, you loose all credibility for anything you might say afterwards.

Calling you a "one star shill account" isn't an insult, it's an adjective.

Here, I bumped another old post on the Ethereum scam IPO I already made on this subject months ago that shows just how absurd it is:  

Ethereum IPO reboot coming, time to get nervous about the future of crypto

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=505446.0

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
profitofthegods

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 01:20:20 PM

Calling you a "one star shill account" isn't an insult, it's an adjective.

Here, I bumped another old post on the Ethereum scam IPO I already made that shows just how absurd it is:  

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=505446.0

Do you actually know what a 'shill' is? Of course its an insult, you are suggesting that I am not a real person sharing my own opinions, but simply a fake profile or an ethereum insider who is only here to promote etheruem.
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 01:23:07 PM

I find the selling of ether for a predetermined, fixed price a little strange, and even more so that latecomers will have to pay higher prices.

Now the selling of buy options in March by Miro Popescu makes sense to me.

I wonder when the first short options will appear this forum, too.

cjgames.com
Nullu

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:25:18 PM

I find the selling of ether for a predetermined, fixed price a little strange, and even more so that latecomers will have to pay higher prices.

Now the selling of buy options in March by Miro Popescu makes sense to me.

I wonder when the first short options will appear this forum, too.

This doesn't seem that much different from any IPO sale. Fixed pricing, and higher pricing for later investors. If they sell too much at the lower price and this thing ends up being exchanged during the higher price, it's just going to get dumped.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Baitty

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:27:27 PM

Sounds like a lot of fancy wishy-washy marketing spiel to win over investors, than actual end-users.

Then it's exactly how it sounds the devs don't care about the coin they are using this to get Bitcoin and the amount of coin can change at any time? WHAT.

Lordoftherigs

Activity: 313

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:31:20 PM

I just hopes this crowd sale ends well otherwise it can have serious impact on all crypto environment.

In regards to the IPO there is no max cap and no final amount of ether that will be created. (like with fiat). So far it seems that greed will drag this IPO to highly overpriced category. I wouldn't be surprised if ether will be available on exchanges for half the IPO price once released.
Baitty

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:34:14 PM

I just hopes this crowd sale ends well otherwise it can have serious impact on all crypto environment.

In regards to the IPO there is no max cap and no final amount of ether that will be created. (like with fiat). So far it seems that greed will drag this IPO to highly overpriced category. I wouldn't be surprised if ether will be available on exchanges for half the IPO price once released.

It's just like fiat in a way and yes the price will just keep going down because there is no supply and demand because they can just create more coins where is the sense in that? the devs have really made a huge profit on this already.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: