Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:25:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please test (if you dare): next-test 20120321  (Read 2350 times)
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 07:23:36 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2012, 04:38:57 AM by Luke-Jr

next-test is a branch of the mainline bitcoind & Bitcoin-Qt with as many pull requests merged as possible, to aid in testing them. This branch can be used to test many pull requests in your daily Bitcoin use. The goal is to help pull requests get the testing they need to be merged into the main tree, so once you test a change, please comment in the relevant pull request (ideally with details).

Please note these might possibly corrupt your wallet. No warranty of any kind of provided. BACKUP YOUR WALLET

Today's next-test includes the following pull requests (green are merged now; red are disputed):

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jon
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 07:29:26 AM

Whenever a block is received, log the sender's IP and the current time

Go fuck yourself, Luke. I know you proposed this crud.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 07:30:50 AM

Go fuck yourself, Luke.
Seems that is still under debate.
Lulz...sounds like more people will learn how to compile.

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 08:01:17 AM

Go fuck yourself, Luke. I know you proposed this crud.
Actually, it was proposed by a pool member who noticed the mystery jerk miner was relaying his poisonous blocks through Eligius. I implemented it. This handy-but-simple change enabled me to get the real IP of the actual server making these blocks. No idea why you have a problem with logging useful information. The only objections have been on the basis of someone potentially stealing logs for the info.

Jon
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 08:08:01 AM

I apologize for my outburst. I now understand.

I cede the remainder of my time to future statements.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 08:09:47 AM

By default if you can steal the log of someone, you then can steal there wallet.dat. (that may or may-not be usefull, if the wallet is encrypted or not)

One off NP-Hard.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 08:13:02 AM

By default if you can steal the log of someone, you then can steal there wallet.dat. (that may or may-not be usefull, if the wallet is encrypted or not)
Right, the concern was that someone might attack (perhaps legally; ie, a visit from the police) for the logs themselves if they all contained this information. If someone could get logs full of IPs from lots of people, it could enable some more serious privacy invasions.

Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 12:16:17 PM

....why Tonal?!
Isnt there something even more overfluent you might have used instead?
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 12:56:31 PM

[This handy-but-simple change enabled me to get the real IP of the actual server making these blocks.

You dont know that. You get the IP of whomever is relaying the block. How do you know it actually made it?

piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2012, 01:05:38 PM

This handy-but-simple change enabled me to get the real IP of the actual server making these blocks.

Is it the spanish Telefonica one?

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 01:27:35 PM

[This handy-but-simple change enabled me to get the real IP of the actual server making these blocks.

You dont know that. You get the IP of whomever is relaying the block. How do you know it actually made it?
This particular miner is known to not be broadcasting the block normally, only to select peers. Blockchain.info blames DeepBit and Eligius for the blocks because we've been getting them first. Based on analysis of the IP in question, it doesn't seem to be any kind of specialized proxy, so it's a reasonable conclusion to think it is the block maker.

Is it the spanish Telefonica one?
It's a Spanish IP, but not one blockchain.info seems to know anything about.

....why Tonal?!
Tonal is the whole reason I'm involved with Bitcoin. "Overfluent" doesn't seem to be in any dictionary, so I don't know what it means.

piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2012, 01:36:04 PM

It's a Spanish IP, but not one blockchain.info seems to know anything about.

blockchain.info did before the the mystery miner changed tactic and either started relaying only to mining pools or blocked my nodes. I'm guessing 88.6.208.35 or an ip in a similar subnet?

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 01:46:58 PM

blockchain.info did before the the mystery miner changed tactic and either started relaying only to mining pools or blocked my nodes.
I suspect he blocked your nodes. The IP in question does have port 8333 open.
I'm guessing 88.6.208.35 or an ip in a similar subnet?
Same /16 subnet.

Nachtwind

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:04:51 PM

Quote from: Luke-Jr
....why Tonal?!
Tonal is the whole reason I'm involved with Bitcoin. "Overfluent" doesn't seem to be in any dictionary, so I don't know what it means.

Sorry, no native spaker here, thought that translation would exist. I will rephrase the question:
"Isnt there something even more useless you might have used instead?"
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 03:27:32 PM

Quote from: Luke-Jr
....why Tonal?!

Sorry, no native spaker here, thought that translation would exist. I will rephrase the question:
"Isnt there something even more useless you might have used instead?"
Yeah he could use https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Radial_BitCoin

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Nachtwind

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 05:24:55 PM

Same shit, different name I'd say..

So far i had the impression that the world has taken the arabic (indian..) numbers as standard and those in a decimal system. Who actually uses Tonal or Radial numbers? And for what?

*edit* been reading a bit into the tonal system and i got to say: "WHY??" its just a hexadecimal system with funny letters.. except for some poeple trying to reinvent the clock and the calendar i dont see any real reason for its existance.. am i missing something?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: