Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:00:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions on my website idea?  (Read 1011 times)
Bitcoinbikers (OP)

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Now that's a can do attitude!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 11:40:26 PM

I have an idea for a website but before I start putting effort into making it I want to make sure it's something that people would like, use and appreciate so I would love to hear any suggestions or opinions you might have.

CryptoShorts.com
A place for amateur comedians to post comedy shorts  and have their contact details, links to their youtube channels and social media sites and allowing for them to place their bitcoin/altcoin addresses under their videos for people to tip them for good work.

I will make a page for a "comedy short of the month" competition where viewers can vote and donate cryptocurrency.

The winner will have their clip displayed on the home page for one month and will receive the accumulated crypto donations from the community!

1D6p2j56E4sTsjC7raahVm8HVEmWHMFFma
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 11:46:02 PM

It would be nice if it got big. When your starting out you have to donate some money, like best short of the week for the first couple weeks. You have to think of something to get it going, and give a reason to use the site. You certainly got a good domain name!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:15:11 AM

Yeah not a bad idea at all. If it got really big hopefully people would browse it to be amused when they are bored, like they browse youtube.
It would not take to much effort on your part to make the site so I think it is worth it.

Going to be a bit of work advertising the site to get started as the person just before me said.. but yeah it sounds unique so give it ago.

Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:18:11 AM

This has lots of potential. Don't sit on it - the idea is out there now.

adoni

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:22:01 PM

IMO better for a btc financial site or exchange

short and long are key terms in finance

so it's a natural for crypto related news and even an exchange to short or go long on crypto positions

an actual exchange though would be tough due to all the proposed regs on crypto now

so maybe your 'expert' advice on the whole btc game

should you short or should you go long

my .0004btc
GreenBacksTeam

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:33:08 AM

Everyone loves comedy, and I think comedians would be pretty open to accepting crypto as payment, especially up coming comedians. Best of luck!

GreenBacks: A Complete Currency - Launching Soon!
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:42:39 AM

IMO better for a btc financial site or exchange

short and long are key terms in finance

so it's a natural for crypto related news and even an exchange to short or go long on crypto positions

an actual exchange though would be tough due to all the proposed regs on crypto now

so maybe your 'expert' advice on the whole btc game

should you short or should you go long

my .0004btc

OP isn't soliciting ideas for a website - he has one. Take your bitchange somewhere else.

Anyways... just wanted to suggest: add an itinerary of the upcoming comedy shows across the country. Helps to promote your site as a one stop shop Smiley

forsakenpnut

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:42:43 AM

Site is down at the moment is this normal? Are you updating it Smiley

Chrithu

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:55:15 AM

The idea sounds really nice. It will all depend on the design imo. Even though it is just for amateur/starting comedians it has to have a professional look.

blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:09:43 AM

While the feedback here is positive and I agree with it for the most part, I think you need to be realistic about how many comedians out there are into bitcoin.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:11:35 AM

the site will be a good place to spam  Grin

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:13:14 AM

And I was so eager to have a laugh! Site is under construction Sad

PM me when it's up!

Space for rent if its still trending
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 02:18:15 PM

Also you should probably pay out a bonus of like 0.01 BTC per video uploaded (If it is a good video) to get people inclined to use the site. Don't add ads yet, as they will just annoy people and generate nothing with a low view count, but later you could possibly add some ads if your not making enough money to support the website.

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:40:33 PM

Also you should probably pay out a bonus of like 0.01 BTC per video uploaded (If it is a good video) to get people inclined to use the site. Don't add ads yet, as they will just annoy people and generate nothing with a low view count, but later you could possibly add some ads if your not making enough money to support the website.

Sounds like a good idea. Doesn't even have to be 0.01. People will upload on the incentive of 0.005BTC.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: