Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:23:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal -> BTC  (Read 2120 times)
Falcon98 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:56:20 AM

I wanna buy bitcoins with paypal. What is the best and safest way doing this? Gonna buy 0.2 btc when I get my money.
GrandmaJean

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:20:06 AM

You will likely not be able to buy this much bitcoin with paypal at one time as most websites that sell via paypal Have low limits as it is very risky selling this way. They will also charge a high markup for the same reasons.

It is probably better if you were to use local bitcoins for an in person trade.
btcguys

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:39:14 AM

You can also route for bank deposit etc and avoid western union as it charges 10% for "money in minutes" service
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:42:54 AM

I wanna buy bitcoins with paypal. What is the best and safest way doing this? Gonna buy 0.2 btc when I get my money.

It is risky for the seller as you can always dispute the transaction after receiving the bitcoins,
iTRADEbtc

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:54:26 AM

It is risky for the seller as you can always dispute the transaction after receiving the bitcoins,
This is why almost no one will sell you bitcoin for paypal.

VorWex is the only exchange that I know of that accepts paypal
Injust
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:34:07 AM

This is why almost no one will sell you bitcoin for paypal.

VorWex is the only exchange that I know of that accepts paypal

It's called VirWoX Roll Eyes
What you do is deposit your PayPal, and use it to buy Linden dollars (the Second Life currency). Then use your Linden dollars to buy Bitcoin.
This will incur pretty high fees, but likely, nobody else will trust you because of PayPal's chargebacks.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:45:09 AM

or buy it at localbitcoins.com?
Injust
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:56:04 AM

or buy it at localbitcoins.com?

Same problem, he can't be trusted because he could still get a chargeback.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:28:19 AM

Buying bitcoin's with paypal is hard.  Most will not do it because  there is no proof it was sent to you.  In the group buy section I help with a rental program that you can rent machines with paypal to mine: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637460.0

Your other option is localbitcoins.  There are a few options there to buy bitcoin's.  Just make sure to be careful and look for good feedback.

Paypal add's risk and fee's.
Chemistry1988
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:18:27 AM

The best way is to withdraw paypal to your bank account, withdraw cash from your bank, find some bitcoin sellers near you on localbitcoins and buy bitcoin from them with cash.

You may also use Virwox to buy SLL with paypal and then buy bitcoin with SLL, but the fee is high and the limit is low.
BareMonk

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:25:56 AM

There are no best way.

After learning the hard way. Only trusted people and certain hidden sites will buy paypal funds with bitcoins.
newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:45:39 AM

Way too many risks with Paypal, would be safer just to send the money to your bank account and buy them through coinbase or localbitcoins.

Think there's a seller on the forum who accepts Paypal but you would probably have to provide ID, verified account etc
Dogtanian

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:52:01 AM

You can buy the coins off ebay with paypal, but be prepared to pay a massive premium but thats the price you pay if you want to use it. Nobody will sell you coins for PP here though so you're just wasting your time so you'll need to find alternative ways. You can buy with cash and meet face to face on local bitcoins.
whitefly

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:26:28 AM

Alternative way is:
There are some forums, which have topics where people offer exchange services, paypal is one of them.
I won't advertise anything here, however use google wisely and you will find them.
Good luck Smiley
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:29:05 AM

Anyone with a brain should never sell Bitcoin for paypal so OP you will have to find another way to buy Bitcoin as the risk of charge back is to high.

InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:37:26 AM

You should use localbitcoins website and buy btc with them, using paypal to buy cryptocurrencies isn't
recommended at all. Just try to do some searchs in the forum and you will see by yourself.
regedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:10:54 PM

paypal hates fiat currency, my paypal account got limited due this reason. and it says "this limitation cannot be appealed"
Baitty

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:15:44 PM

paypal hates fiat currency, my paypal account got limited due this reason. and it says "this limitation cannot be appealed"

That's also a problem you should of researched around first but I guess no one thinks of that sorry to hear that you can't access paypal anymore (maybe thats a good thing)

BowieMan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:34:14 PM

As long as you get the bitcoin, it's totally safe for you, since you can always do a chargeback if the other party doesn't come through. But it's difficult finding someone willing to sell BTC for PayPal money, since, well... you can always do a chargeback. It's a known scam. Don't do it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rakitich

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:54:51 PM

i tried to do this and guess what, got my account frozen for no fucking reason
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print