Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:48:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal -> BTC  (Read 2114 times)
regedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:58:48 PM

Found a away on how to anonymously buy bitcoins with paypal try https://www.virwox.com/ theres also a tutorial on youtube!  Smiley
Rakitich

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:12:11 PM

Yeah i also used Virwox one time, but the fees kill you .
Fakhoury
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:32:37 PM

I've used several online exchangers from different forums, and it worked so well with me.

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
regedit

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:39:17 PM

Yes i agree and takes too long before withrawal 1-3days i think. not sure..
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:39:25 PM

I wanna buy bitcoins with paypal. What is the best and safest way doing this? Gonna buy 0.2 btc when I get my money.

I don't know about Bitcoins, but you can buy Dogecoins with Paypal on Coinsachs and Weselldoges and then trade them for BTC.
lynn_402

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:40:11 PM

Yes i agree and takes too long before withrawal 1-3days i think. not sure..

I never understood that exchange

what are linden dollars, how do you trade there Cheesy

Linden dollars is a virtual currency (not cryptocurrency) which is used in the video game SecondLife.

You trade there by filling your account through Paypal.
Testing123

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:42:03 PM

Found a away on how to anonymously buy bitcoins with paypal try https://www.virwox.com/ theres also a tutorial on youtube!  Smiley

The fees there are very high (https://www.virwox.com/help.php#_Fees), and you can only buy $60 a day and $180 a month at first (https://www.virwox.com/help.php#_Levels_and_Limits).

williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 03:45:24 PM

Localbitcoins is probably your best option, although you really have to be careful. If you have an interac bank card I would get it from quickbt.com. I've used them before and their service is pretty fast but they do have a small fee.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
lynn_402

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:47:10 PM

Localbitcoins is probably your best option, although you really have to be careful. If you have an interac bank card I would get it from quickbt.com. I've used them before and their service is pretty fast but they do have a small fee.

It's worth noting through that Quickbt only works for Canadians, and there's a 100$ limit.
regedit

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:14:42 PM

The other method i know is to use localcoins.com but paypal is too overacting on malicious transaction so beware.

They limit account and freeze your money for upto 180 days

Why PayPal freezes (limits or restricts) user accounts and how to get it unfrozen (unlimited or unrestricted).

Knowing why PayPal froze your account has a lot to do with how to get it unfrozen.

Based on others stories and experiences, here are some possible reasons:

# you have more than one PayPal account, or PayPal thinks you have more than one PayPal account.
# you clicked on a link in an email that you thought was from PayPal, but it really was a phishing scam.
# you moved into a house or apartment that used to be occupied by a con artist who used PayPal to steal.
# you got a new phone number, one used by a con artist who used PayPal to steal.
# you use an ISP that assigned you an IP that was used by a con artist who used PayPal to steal.
# you paid someone, like a con artist who used PayPal to steal.
# someone paid you, like a con artist who used PayPal to steal.
# your name and/or address is similar to a con artist who used PayPal to steal.
# you sold something to someone who questioned it's authenticity.
# you bought something from someone who had someone else question the integrity of what they sold to you.
# you registered a bank account or credit card that someone else used one time.
# you accessed PayPal at a friends house one time, and that friends account was frozen.
# your friend used your computer to access their PayPal account, which was later frozen.
# you sold an item that is a common item often sold by con artists who used PayPal to steal
# you bought an item that is a common item often sold by con artists who use PayPal to steal
# you accessed PayPal via an anonymous proxy service.
# you sent more than $2000 to someone.
# you received more than $2000 from someone.
# you participated (knowingly, or unknowingly) in the "work at home" money shuffling scam.
# you sent money to someone in foreign country that PayPal considers "evil."
# you received money from someone in a foreign country that PayPal considers "evil."
# you used your PayPal ATM card in a foreign country that PayPal considers "evil."
# your account was "corrupted" by a criminal posing as a PayPal employee.
# and other reasons that only the dark wizard of PayPal knows about.

Welcome to the world of PayPal customer service.

Paypal froze my account. How do I get my money back?
The key to the solution is knowing which one of the reasons above caused the account to be frozen in the first place. If they are accusing you of being someone else, you need to convince PayPal you are not. Most likely, PayPal is not going to believe anything you say. And if you admit to knowing the person they have linked to your account, it seems that makes the problem worse. It could be a legitimate error on PayPal's part. Like your phone number or address are the same ones used previously by someone else. Someone who had a problem with PayPal. So you might try showing PayPal that their information is old and outdated. If on the other hand, they are linking accounts based on ISP or IP, you'll have to prove to them when you got your ISP and that it's not at the same time as when the other person allegedly used it.

Your account could also be linked based on who you paid and who paid you. This will probably be impossible to resolve. If you made more than one payment or received more than one payment from an account PayPal has determined is fraudulent, the game is pretty much over. The only recourse I see is challenging the assessment made on the other account. You'd have to work with that other party to prove to PayPal that they are wrong in their determination.

They froze my account and demanded that I fax them documentation. I did, but they said they didn't get it. Now what?
First realize PayPal is asking for that information for their own purposes, not yours. Providing the information might get your account unfrozen if it's one of the "identity" issues above. However giving PayPal that information also provides them with information they could use against you if they don't believe you. If you believe this is just an honest misunderstanding, and you trust PayPal with your information, you should prepare copies of all the documents they ask for and mail them to PayPal. We suggest you create two sets of documents and mail them certified mail, Return Receipt Requested, to the two addresses we have for PayPal with a letter explaining the situation. You should always send them certified mail so you can prove that you did, and when you did it. When you get your green cards back in the mail, if PayPal has not resolved the problem, make copies, and write your letter to the Attorneys General of your state, California and Nebraska. Include your letter to PayPal, your copies of the green cards and a letter asking that the AG's start an investigation. Don't bother playing the fax game. It's just a ploy/delay tactic.

Additionally, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.

According to the terms of the class action lawsuit settlement agreement, PayPal is supposed to provide you with the reason your account was frozen, and the information they have (subject to their privacy policy and fraud prevention policy). You should ask for this information if they don't give it. It may tell you what direction you need to go to resolve the problem.
Falcon98 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:12:05 PM

Well , I guess I will avoid buying BTC through Virwox because of the high fee's , but buy dogecoins with paypal and exchange it into btc sounds like a good idea.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:55:57 PM

You can use virwox but they charge too much fees.
lynn_402

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:36:10 PM

Well , I guess I will avoid buying BTC through Virwox because of the high fee's , but buy dogecoins with paypal and exchange it into btc sounds like a good idea.

There's a considerable mark-up that way, but it's inevitable because of the frequent frauds.

And it has the advantage of being quite fast.
mnmShadyBTC

Activity: 151

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:01:57 AM

There's a considerable mark-up that way, but it's inevitable because of the frequent frauds.

And it has the advantage of being quite fast.
this basically means that if you aren't scamming the it is a bad deal. If you are scamming then it is a good deal

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - PRIMEDICE 3 HAS LAUNCHED @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
aatrox

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:28:18 AM

The other method i know is to use localcoins.com but paypal is too overacting on malicious transaction so beware.

They limit account and freeze your money for upto 180 days

Why PayPal freezes (limits or restricts) user accounts and how to get it unfrozen (unlimited or unrestricted).

Knowing why PayPal froze your account has a lot to do with how to get it unfrozen.

Based on others stories and experiences, here are some possible reasons:

# you have more than one PayPal account, or PayPal thinks you have more than one PayPal account.
# you clicked on a link in an email that you thought was from PayPal, but it really was a phishing scam.
# you moved into a house or apartment that used to be occupied by a con artist who used PayPal to steal.
# you got a new phone number, one used by a con artist who used PayPal to steal.
# you use an ISP that assigned you an IP that was used by a con artist who used PayPal to steal.
# you paid someone, like a con artist who used PayPal to steal.
# someone paid you, like a con artist who used PayPal to steal.
# your name and/or address is similar to a con artist who used PayPal to steal.
# you sold something to someone who questioned it's authenticity.
# you bought something from someone who had someone else question the integrity of what they sold to you.
# you registered a bank account or credit card that someone else used one time.
# you accessed PayPal at a friends house one time, and that friends account was frozen.
# your friend used your computer to access their PayPal account, which was later frozen.
# you sold an item that is a common item often sold by con artists who used PayPal to steal
# you bought an item that is a common item often sold by con artists who use PayPal to steal
# you accessed PayPal via an anonymous proxy service.
# you sent more than $2000 to someone.
# you received more than $2000 from someone.
# you participated (knowingly, or unknowingly) in the "work at home" money shuffling scam.
# you sent money to someone in foreign country that PayPal considers "evil."
# you received money from someone in a foreign country that PayPal considers "evil."
# you used your PayPal ATM card in a foreign country that PayPal considers "evil."
# your account was "corrupted" by a criminal posing as a PayPal employee.
# and other reasons that only the dark wizard of PayPal knows about.

Welcome to the world of PayPal customer service.

Paypal froze my account. How do I get my money back?
The key to the solution is knowing which one of the reasons above caused the account to be frozen in the first place. If they are accusing you of being someone else, you need to convince PayPal you are not. Most likely, PayPal is not going to believe anything you say. And if you admit to knowing the person they have linked to your account, it seems that makes the problem worse. It could be a legitimate error on PayPal's part. Like your phone number or address are the same ones used previously by someone else. Someone who had a problem with PayPal. So you might try showing PayPal that their information is old and outdated. If on the other hand, they are linking accounts based on ISP or IP, you'll have to prove to them when you got your ISP and that it's not at the same time as when the other person allegedly used it.

Your account could also be linked based on who you paid and who paid you. This will probably be impossible to resolve. If you made more than one payment or received more than one payment from an account PayPal has determined is fraudulent, the game is pretty much over. The only recourse I see is challenging the assessment made on the other account. You'd have to work with that other party to prove to PayPal that they are wrong in their determination.

They froze my account and demanded that I fax them documentation. I did, but they said they didn't get it. Now what?
First realize PayPal is asking for that information for their own purposes, not yours. Providing the information might get your account unfrozen if it's one of the "identity" issues above. However giving PayPal that information also provides them with information they could use against you if they don't believe you. If you believe this is just an honest misunderstanding, and you trust PayPal with your information, you should prepare copies of all the documents they ask for and mail them to PayPal. We suggest you create two sets of documents and mail them certified mail, Return Receipt Requested, to the two addresses we have for PayPal with a letter explaining the situation. You should always send them certified mail so you can prove that you did, and when you did it. When you get your green cards back in the mail, if PayPal has not resolved the problem, make copies, and write your letter to the Attorneys General of your state, California and Nebraska. Include your letter to PayPal, your copies of the green cards and a letter asking that the AG's start an investigation. Don't bother playing the fax game. It's just a ploy/delay tactic.

Additionally, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.

According to the terms of the class action lawsuit settlement agreement, PayPal is supposed to provide you with the reason your account was frozen, and the information they have (subject to their privacy policy and fraud prevention policy). You should ask for this information if they don't give it. It may tell you what direction you need to go to resolve the problem.

Thats so dumb.

What if I had a rich friend and he gave me $2,000 for helping him out w. stuff or whatever.

Whats the point of paypal then?
DMeeks

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:45:26 AM

it might not be this unsafe for you considering BTC are non-refundable but for the one selling it's quite risky since the payment can be disputed. Anyway for that amount you might find someone in localbitcoins selling for +40%-100% of the price and most likely asking for your ID as well "and I am not with giving your ID image on the internet". Better find easier and more direct solutions to exchange (some use store bought moneypak, face to face in banks/public places etc...).
Falcon98 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:12:04 PM

I hate paypal more and more......Paypal works bad for most internet services..
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:16:27 PM

i tried to do this and guess what, got my account frozen for no fucking reason

It was not for no reason, as PP clearly states that it dosnt allow such PP-BTC conversions, due to un-reversibility of bitcoin transactions and what not.
Never buy btc with pp, and even more important, never sell btc for pp (as you will likely be scammed)
Browsing this forum for similar problems you can easily see that PP and BTC dont mix well.
Falcon98 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:31:45 PM

It was not for no reason, as PP clearly states that it dosnt allow such PP-BTC conversions, due to un-reversibility of bitcoin transactions and what not.
Never buy btc with pp, and even more important, never sell btc for pp (as you will likely be scammed)
Browsing this forum for similar problems you can easily see that PP and BTC dont mix well.

The big problem is , I have nothing else to use atm.....
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:37:13 PM

The big problem is , I have nothing else to use atm.....

Is it such problem to use ego pay, and then transfer from there to exchange.
Whatever you do, keep away from Paypal.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: