Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 10:39:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neteller to BTC to US bank account?  (Read 1758 times)
Percy86 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:26:50 PM

Hello forum members,

I have a puzzle that I think Bitcoin might be able to help solve. Apologies in advance if the information is already somewhere in his forum, I have had a look around and was unable to find a clear answer to this issue. 

Here is my predicament: I want to get money from a UK Neteller account to a US bank account without going via a UK bank account, and whilst minimizing the commission.

There’s nothing shady going on, it’s just  that UK bank’s have given me a lot of hassle for large transactions recently that I want to avoid them. They don’t seem to like money coming in from Neteller, and the fact that it’s gambling related.

I was wondering if Bitcoins might be able to help with this problem? More specifically, can I buy Bitcoins using Neteller cash and then give them to my friend in the US who can then sell them and deposit the proceeds in his bank account?

If this is possible (in theory), are there any issues I should consider that might arise in practice?

How much commission should I expect to pay?

From having a look around on the forum, it seems there might not be any reputable vendors that accept Neteller as a payment method – is this accurate?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 06:34:56 PM

Neteller doesn't really allow BTC transfer related transactions. Why don't you just search for someone to do a Neteller<>USbank trade?

Percy86 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:28:13 PM

Neteller doesn't really allow BTC transfer related transactions. Why don't you just search for someone to do a Neteller<>USbank trade?

Thanks Twin, do you recommend searching this forum? Or elsewhere?
ArbatDeli

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:50:04 PM

You may be able to find traders interested in Neteller <--> Bitcoin, but be aware that these types of transfers can be charged back by less than honorable people.

♦  Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com  ♦   ♦  Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets  ♦    ♦  Provably Fair  ♦ 
Percy86 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:59:39 PM

gotcha, thanks. Probably a no goer for now.
coinbuyer

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:13:57 AM

for neteller to bitcoins related transaction or vise vasa i think try mybitcoinsusa.com and also digicoins they are relatively superb.

My Negative feedback was that am being accused wrongly of owning 5 websites. I never own anyone@all.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:22:04 AM

Maybe someone in UK can help but i would look for a bank that works good with coinbase.  I am in US so it might be a lot different, but I know coinbase operates legally in US.

Not bad of fees.  I also suggest having multiple checking accounts use one you can move in and out for bitcoin buying and selling.  It's a little overkill but I like keeping regular checkings account from one i use for paypal/bitcoin.
Nagato4

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:54:27 AM

I was wondering if Bitcoins might be able to help with this problem? More specifically, can I buy Bitcoins using Neteller cash and then give them to my friend in the US who can then sell them and deposit the proceeds in his bank account?

If this is possible (in theory), are there any issues I should consider that might arise in practice?

How much commission should I expect to pay?

From having a look around on the forum, it seems there might not be any reputable vendors that accept Neteller as a payment method – is this accurate?

You can find traders selling bitcoin for Neteller on localbitcoins(https://localbitcoins.com) and the currency exchange (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0) section here.
You should only trade with highly trusted people to avoid being scammed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: