Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:35:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Funny Coin Idea - Feedback Welcome  (Read 637 times)
mbr9200 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:36:20 PM

I am very involved in the cryptocurrency market trading around on a couple exchanges. It's funny though. In chatrooms and on forums I see so many people waiting for a pump and dump to happen, and it seems that most cryptocurrencies besides the big 5-10 such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Darkcoin, Reddcoin, etc. are scammy and people blindly try to pick which pump to ride. I thought it would be funny, and interesting to create a pump and dump coin. Be open and blaintant about it, and try to make or announce organized pumps. There are interesting techniques and numbers to play with to get the proper amount of mining needed to swing the price right. If people are honest about the pump, and how much money they will put in, there are ways to even make a payout chart. Almost like gambling hah. I just thought it was hilarious to think of a pump and dump coin, but there is some legitimacy to it at the same time. Pump together....and..dump together! lol Coin: PND
gloryninja

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

Trusted Member

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:06:31 AM

will not work.... for many reasons unless someone can correct me

Custom Built Gaming Desktops and GPU Rigs!
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:23:45 AM

well wolf coin was sort of like that.  you paid the dev to get coins durring the week, and the money he got from selling his "premine?" was used to buy the order book on poloniex on sundays. also any transfer of wolf on the blockchain destroyed like 20% of the coins involved so it was meant to get rarer as it moved if i recall correctly.  also for shitsngiggles someone launched refrigerator coin today or yesterday which is backed by "the ice in his fridge" which is a novel use for a leftover source code. 

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
mbr9200 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:45:53 AM

I am aware it would not be a stable coin. Would be short lasting for a lot of people to get a payout. And instead of risking on coins and asking for pumps like people do, this can gain the niche of people looking for a possibly more certain, unstable coin if that makes sense.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: