Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 10:57:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Overweight children don't know they're overweight. Approximately 81% of overweig  (Read 618 times)
cescan (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:43:44 AM

Overweight American children don't know they're overweight. Approximately 81% of overweight boys and 71% of overweight girls believe they are about the right weight.
On top of that, learning better coping mechanisms for stress/emotions than eating food. Also, ways to avoid boredom eating.

ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:45:52 AM

Overweight American children don't know they're overweight. Approximately 81% of overweight boys and 71% of overweight girls believe they are about the right weight.
On top of that, learning better coping mechanisms for stress/emotions than eating food. Also, ways to avoid boredom eating.

Do you have a source for this? I'm assuming these numbers come from some research. It would be interesting to read up on it.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:37:49 AM

Now I am really hungry... I am always hungry when I am reading about fat people who are so oblivious that they do not know they are fat...
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:48:58 AM

Oh you read reddit front page too?

Here's the article:

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2014/07/23/Overweight-kids-dont-know-theyre-overweight/8981406128156/
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:53:08 AM

I'm getting worried as mostly all youth these days are double there body weight it could be due to the fact that food prices are rising and therefore they resort to eating junk food. Life is also faster so there's no time to cook and the increasing reliance on computers in our lives cause us to have less exercise. I have noticed maybe this is the youth rebelling against media stereotypes and not trying to conform to the stereo typical image of beauty but since society has tighten up on risk taking activities eg speed cameras they have nothing to rebel against.
miros

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

Play2Live presale starts on 25th January

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:22:48 PM

First of all, you need to be an example for your child. As for me, the team disciplines well the child. The child must go to the kindergarten

KylesmomisaB

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

Toplancer.co | PreSale is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:36:11 PM

That is no surprise that these many kids in the USA think they are okay and it is partly due to the fact many parents are obese and overweight so they think if they are overweight why can't I be? Which is fair logic actually but the other aspect isn't fair and will be brutal to them for their whole life and that is this whole body acceptance thing. Sure you should accept your body but not if it is going to put you in an early grave..this should be stopped before many people head to their grave 10-20 years too early.

TOPLANCER.CO
Zero commission, Escrow payment & Dispute Settlements
PreSale GET YOUR BONUS JOIN NOW
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: