Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:42:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: starting a mining pool, need suggestions  (Read 998 times)
rh1n0 (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:42:16 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 04:52:04 PM by rh1n0

I have recently become "crypto crazy". Now I would like to start a mining pool, but it seems like there are so many! So far I only have a vertcoin pool setup, planning on adding myriadcoin in near future. What features would you like to see in a pool? I want to do some merged mining and maybe some sort of multipool. Let me know what you think!

VTC POOL

STRATUM:   stratum+tcp://rh1n0.us
PORT:               9171
Username:   VTC address
Password:   anything

1% mining fee
goodluckpool

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:07:13 AM

I have recently become "crypto crazy". Now I would like to start a mining pool, but it seems like there are so many! So far I only have a vertcoin pool setup, planning on adding myriadcoin in near future. What features would you like to see in a pool? I want to do some merged mining and maybe some sort of multipool. Let me know what you think!

VTC POOL

PORT:               9171

1% mining fee

you can't get new miners to come unless you already have gigs of hash there. don't waste your energy. get a job at your local mcdonalds is better than starting a mining pool.
rh1n0 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:48:34 PM

VTC POOL

PORT:               9171

1% mining fee

you can't get new miners to come unless you already have gigs of hash there. don't waste your energy. get a job at your local mcdonalds is better than starting a mining pool.
Thanks but I disagree. Working at McDonalds for minimum wage is a total waste of energy compared to operating a mining pool. I'm not going anywhere haha fuck fast food my pool will succeed. Why is everybody around here so discouraging?
taaku

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:20:45 PM

i think you should start pools for algo/coins which have less options..that way you have better probability and people will spread the hash's

BTC: 1DgUj6s1yRwauEb89mGn92ZfNqK8xwcZPP
rh1n0 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:24:44 PM

i think you should start pools for algo/coins which have less options..that way you have better probability and people will spread the hash's
I am kind of confused, what is an example of an algo/coin with less options? I know VTC mining can be extremely complex, but I don't want to mine up all these new X11 scamcoins.
rh1n0 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:45:33 PM

i am looking for a partner to help me with this project, let me know if you are interested
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: