Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:27:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dafuq is happening with btc price  (Read 5865 times)
Malin Keshar (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:09:51 PM

We just went to 590-605(bitstamp-btc-e) price in matter of minutes.

Any news that justify that, or just some whale tired of bitcoin/price manipulation?
Caesar V

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:17:28 PM

Nothing happening, people getting bored, selling and hoping others will do the same.. at least that's what I did.
WoopDeBoop

Activity: 271
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:19:21 PM

fuck all, I just know that the longer it hangs around 600 the more chance i have of collecting all 100 i want this year.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:40:40 PM

fuck all, I just know that the longer it hangs around 600 the more chance i have of collecting all 100 i want this year.

Neber panic buy or panic sell, wait first atleast a 12 hours or a day to make trades, since price is much harder to be manipulated in longer terms.
Regarding to the price falling, it was expected to happen, since there is no real reason to go up, and crypto in general doesnt seam to like stability, so it either goes up or down, its rarely stabile at any given price.
d3stroy

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:45:10 PM

Nothing happening, people getting bored, selling and hoping others will do the same.. at least that's what I did.

Exactly! haha
We're on summer and there's not a lot of movement so maybe that's good  Wink
Capt Drake

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:49:36 PM

It's good man, we can buy cheap coins!  Grin
RockHound

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:29:38 PM

Whales at work!

Index has just hit sub$600 on Stamp
d3stroy

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:37:18 PM

Less than 600 on stamp now  Shocked
If you want to buy cheap coins now it's the time Wink
RockHound

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:02:20 PM

Less than 600 on stamp now  Shocked
If you want to buy cheap coins now it's the time Wink

"Get your Bitcoins!"

Here an article with regular updates on today's movement:

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/whats-happening-bitcoin-price/2014/07/24
RockHound

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:04:41 PM

Any you guys think were gonna rebound to $630?

Or continue heading South?
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:41:33 PM

Short term we should fall a bit, maybe because of the new companies adopting bitcoins and cashing out,
but mid term the value will rise, I'm waiting September with excitement...
RockHound

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:17:03 PM

Short term we should fall a bit, maybe because of the new companies adopting bitcoins and cashing out,
but mid term the value will rise, I'm waiting September with excitement...

Thanks man, lots of support for a short term Fall. I hope a nice September rise will happen too : )

Thought I got a bargain buying a lot @$610.27 earlier this morning
Malin Keshar (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:19:04 PM

Seems we are holding the 600's nicely for now. Good I panic opened this thread, instead of panic selling, was expecting a plungue to the 550 level again.

Next 2 - 3 days will be important to determine where we are going. It can be market manipulation to get cheap coins before the rise, or people with inside info selling coins before some bad news is released and cause a huge drop. I have already seen both happening.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:36:37 PM

I think I can explain what's happening with the price.

Some over-greedy people with low IQ moved almost all of their coins to places called MtGox and SilkRoad, where they could speculate freely and buy illegal stuff. Doing that, they ignored and defeated the most important part of bitcoin: decentralization and put into the hands of a few entities hundreds of thousands of coins (Mark, USMS etc)

The Silk Road and MtGox events are very important milestones in Bitcoin's history and personally I do hope that both Mark Karpeles and Ross William Ulbricht face at least 20+ years of jail time for their deeds. Their 'businesses' had good parts also and if we were in an ideal world, I would oppose jail time and put their asses to hard work, but since this is not possible, jail it is.

Their actions brought immense bad news over Bitcoin as a whole and stopped much of the adoption phase. We have also the 'speculators', which buy and sell bitcoins only for fiat profit (never ever forget that, it's all about $) - they help a lot to crash the price, which in turn brings bad bad news. There is a small fraction of speculators which try to make their BTC holdings bigger, but that's another matter.

While I do not wish for it to happen, because too many people would suffer, a global financial crysis would put Bitcoin right next to gold and silver and potentially make it a New World Currency. But that would be a forced adoption in my opinion and I'm pretty sure we'll see lots of tears from the people that heard, used, speculated, mined or stolen bitcoin and never understood what's it's purpose. I'm sure that each one of us will regret of having even 1 BTC and not putting it to storage for a long time.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:46:46 PM

I think I can explain what's happening with the price.

Some over-greedy people with low IQ moved almost all of their coins to places called MtGox and SilkRoad, where they could speculate freely and buy illegal stuff. Doing that, they ignored and defeated the most important part of bitcoin: decentralization and put into the hands of a few entities hundreds of thousands of coins (Mark, USMS etc)

The Silk Road and MtGox events are very important milestones in Bitcoin's history and personally I do hope that both Mark Karpeles and Ross William Ulbricht face at least 20+ years of jail time for their deeds. Their 'businesses' had good parts also and if we were in an ideal world, I would oppose jail time and put their asses to hard work, but since this is not possible, jail it is.

Their actions brought immense bad news over Bitcoin as a whole and stopped much of the adoption phase. We have also the 'speculators', which buy and sell bitcoins only for fiat profit (never ever forget that, it's all about $) - they help a lot to crash the price, which in turn brings bad bad news. There is a small fraction of speculators which try to make their BTC holdings bigger, but that's another matter.

While I do not wish for it to happen, because too many people would suffer, a global financial crysis would put Bitcoin right next to gold and silver and potentially make it a New World Currency. But that would be a forced adoption in my opinion and I'm pretty sure we'll see lots of tears from the people that heard, used, speculated, mined or stolen bitcoin and never understood what's it's purpose. I'm sure that each one of us will regret of having even 1 BTC and not putting it to storage for a long time.

This is a nice explanation of what is happening, in few years we will look at these threads and laugh rolling over the floor
because the value will be so high that the 1000$ barrier will seem really close to zero.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:04:53 PM

people start buying notebooks, and Dell dumping BTC they sold their comps for. Sadly Dell dont pay salaries in BTC, they need Euros.
log2exp

Activity: 176
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:32:42 PM

Sadly but wholeheartedly I agree, financial crisis will happen, it's matter of when. Just by looking at people around us, getting bigger houses, fancier cars, more power-trippers at work, increasing number of dishonest politicians, I'd be very very surprised not seeing one coming within 5 years.
bananaControl

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:46:53 PM

Sadly but wholeheartedly I agree, financial crisis will happen, it's matter of when. Just by looking at people around us, getting bigger houses, fancier cars, more power-trippers at work, increasing number of dishonest politicians, I'd be very very surprised not seeing one coming within 5 years.

That's what people have been saying since 2008, and yet here we are.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:51:53 PM

That's what people have been saying since 2008, and yet here we are.

What happened in 2008 is nothing. I'm talking about a global event that will change the world completely, as in new financial system.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
log2exp

Activity: 176
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:08:42 PM

Deeply corrupted China, keeps bailing out the rich: http://news.morningstar.com/all/market-watch/TDJNMW201407233/china-may-avoid-second-bond-default-thanks-to-bailout.aspx

400million fresh out of printers, that was easy!

I'd say time is near.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: