Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:35:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB Hand holding service (teach me to buy a computer, set up mining program)  (Read 1657 times)
Insuremeplz (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 09:02:22 PM

Bid starts at 25BTC. Will pay that amount maximum. Service includes helping me purchase a machine <$1,000 that will eventually pay for itself mining, and teaching me to get it up and running to be able to mine efficiently. I know next to nothing about computers.

Lowest bid with at least some explanation of why you'd be able to help me proficiently, gets it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nphard

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 09:29:32 PM

I'd like to help for 25BTC.  I'm a computer engineer that built my own mining rig.
nster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 09:37:02 PM

I'll take this offer, 22BTC. I've built many computers myself, and most importantly, troubleshooted hundreds of computers REMOTELY (ie: if hardware problem, by phone or other, if software by remote desktop) and I'm part of the site techpowerup.com,, where I help hundreds to chose their builds,best bang/buck and what fits the person's criteria the best (noise, overclocking, size etc)

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/member.php?u=64582

practically 6500 posts in over 2 years.

I also know Bitcoins pretty well, as you can see, I am a Hero Member, and I've been mining and learnt lots of stuff during that time. I also know what GPU to buy for the best $/BTC, including when there are specials (ie: 140$ for 5850 etc) and with different budget ie 50$ to 500$

Also, I enjoy doing it, as at techpowerup.com I was not getting paid at all, yet I did it a few hundred times at least

Hope to get your business  Wink

Best regards,

N-ster

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
pjwaffle

Activity: 539

BIB Exchange

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 09:45:16 PM

If I may make a suggestion or two... (sorry bidders)

1. Bitcoin production is less than the actual amount you get from the mining in most cases.
2. I suggest learning more about building computers, Linux distributions, and basic programming knowledge before attempting this.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
nphard

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 09:46:32 PM

I change my bid to 20 Bitcoins.
nster

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 09:48:41 PM

1. Bitcoin production is less than the actual amount you get from the mining in most cases.
2. I suggest learning more about building computers, Linux distributions, and basic programming knowledge before attempting this.

If someone is there to help I see no reason not too

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
pjwaffle

Activity: 539

BIB Exchange

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 09:54:41 PM

If someone is there to help I see no reason not too

I agree, I was just trying to keep the helpee (lol) from spending a bunch of money on something that inevitably loses it.

I suggest spending your 1k on bitcoins if you're determined to have bitcoins... Since bitcoins' supply is heavily limited, buy & hold might work, or alternatively you can learn to trade using technical analysis, news, or some other profitable system.

If you need help, just ask! Cheesy

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
nster

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 10:55:35 PM

nphard has accepted that I equal his offer (20 BTC) and let you choose between the 2 of us

nphard

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 11:01:41 PM

I'd like to post some more details about my experience before you make a decision, just give me a couple minutes.
nster

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 11:06:05 PM

I'll just add that choosing parts for someone with a budget is my specialty, and few are better than I am for it. It may sound pompous, but it is very true Smiley best of luck to you nphard!

nphard

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 11:19:17 PM

I'm a senior computer engineering student at a top university and have been doing research on supercomputers(both hardware and software) with the university for the last 3 years.

I have plenty of experience building computers, and picking out prebuilt computers.  I have helped countless friends and family members pick out computers or parts, but don't participate in the online community as much as nster.

I have a lot of experience with both linux and windows. I have also used bitcoin mining software on both platforms.

I'm also familiar with the best mining parts for the money, and the best places to find them. I'm especially up to date with this generation of computer parts since I recently bought parts for my mining rig and did a bunch of research.

I've used most of the available miners and pools, as well as mining solo, so whatever you want to do, I've already done it.

I also have experience overclocking, so if you're interested I can help you with that as well.
Insuremeplz (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 11:25:37 PM

I'm a senior computer engineering student at a top university and have been doing research on supercomputers(both hardware and software) with the university for the last 3 years.

I have plenty of experience building computers, and picking out prebuilt computers.  I have helped countless friends and family members pick out computers or parts, but don't participate in the online community as much as nster.

I have a lot of experience with both linux and windows. I have also used bitcoin mining software on both platforms.

I'm also familiar with the best mining parts for the money, and the best places to find them. I'm especially up to date with this generation of computer parts since I recently bought parts for my mining rig and did a bunch of research.

I've used most of the available miners and pools, as well as mining solo, so whatever you want to do, I've already done it.

I also have experience overclocking, so if you're interested I can help you with that as well.

I'm going to go with nphard for 20btc. 

I can't do anything until the end of this week, maybe as far out as Monday but if you want to PM me your BTC address I'll send you a couple coins to hold your services and we can work out some way to better communicate to get things going.

Thanks!
Insuremeplz (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 11:26:50 PM

Also, I appreciate the suggestion. I'm going to have a discussion with the poster that's helping me, but the rig will be as much for personal use as for mining. I only hope to recoup some of my costs by also using it to mine.
nster

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 11:31:20 PM

Very impressive!

Of course, I know overclocking very well as well, being a computer enthusiast. I am more comfortable with Windows than with linux. Most of my linux experience is limited to the basics like setting up bitcoin miners in dual boot

I also am the go to guy in my friends and family when it comes to computers so I have had lots of experience that way too. I'm not a fan on prebuilt machines, but can obviously choose the best for you as well.

While I do have a lot of hands on experience, I do not have as much as nphard obviously. nphard as the advantage on me concerning linux as well. I do seem to have more online and remote experience however.

woops you posted before me.... congratz nphard! if you 2 run into any trouble PM me Wink I won't ask for anything in return, as I said, I do this type of stuff for free at techpowerup

also, make sure to send me a final list of parts nphard, it can always be good to have someone else's opinion.

nphard

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 11:37:14 PM

Thanks Insuremeplz! I'll be in contact with you shortly.

And nster, if I get stuck or need a second opinion, I'll be sure to go to you first for a share of the bounty.
nster

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 12:29:50 AM

Thanks Insuremeplz! I'll be in contact with you shortly.

And nster, if I get stuck or need a second opinion, I'll be sure to go to you first for a share of the bounty.

no need for a share of the bounty, I actually have FUN doing it LOL

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: