Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:50:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Great television series?  (Read 1810 times)
Rigon (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:39:35 PM

I happen to think this is a great era for television. Virtually all of it is Pay TV but its where the great series are coming from. Is anyone watching "Fargo"? Crazy people from my home state of Minnesota, great acting led by Billy Bob Thornton and the amazing Martin Freeman [ from the equally amazing British series "Sherlock"]. Not to be missed. My favorite show from last season was "True detectives" with Matthew McConaughey as Detective Rustin Spencer "Rust" Cohle and Woody Harrelson as Detective Martin Eric "Marty" Hart. An extraordinary first season with two great actors in their prime and a amazing writer and director. Apparently it will be back next season with a completely new cast. "The Killing" will be back for a forth season in spite of being cancelled twice. They claim it is the last and will contain only 6 episodes. Last season was the best so far with the marvellous actor Peter Sarsgaard backing up deminitive regular Mirelle Enos and long, tall partner Joel Kinnamen { Mutt & Jeff}. Its a rain-soaked police drama set in Seattle where the cops and the bad guys are all depressed and walk around like Zombies. Nonetheless its a fascinating study of character and perversion and riveting to watch. I also can wait for the second season of Mod city which takes place in "1947, Los Angeles. Cop Joe Teague walks the line between the LAPD, led by William Parker, and the mob, led by Bugsy Siegel". A very moody period piece with a lot of late night tired jazz and young sexy but tired late night characters. Hot and humid. A dirty pleasure.
Seen any good television lately?
noviapriani

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:50:50 PM

I don't get the opportunity to watch much TV. I liked the first season of Person of Interest. Jim Caviezel is a very fine actor. Haven't seen any of it this year. Northern Exposure is a favorite. Very quirky characters similar to the eccentric folks I knew when I lived in the N California mountains. The greatest TV comedy series of all time only ran for 6 episodes: Police Squad, In Color! It was the ancestor of the Naked Gun movies but I liked the TV actors better than those in the films. The Brits do great comedy. My favorite is Fawlty Towers with John Cleese. And the Black Adder series with Rowan Atkinson is brilliant. I really loved a Canadian mockumentary about a junior hockey team, The Tournament. It was too funny!

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:09:33 PM

I watched Game of Thrones off and on for a few seasons but I couldn't keep up with who was who, too many characters if you don't watch it religiously.  So, right before the beginning of this season, they had a marathon and showed the entire series leading up to this first episode of this season, and i watched them, so now i am loving it.   It's on HBO.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rigon (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:01:38 PM

I watched Game of Thrones off and on for a few seasons but I couldn't keep up with who was who, too many characters if you don't watch it religiously.  So, right before the beginning of this season, they had a marathon and showed the entire series leading up to this first episode of this season, and i watched them, so now i am loving it.   It's on HBO.

I'm afraid I gave up on Game of thrones but I really like "The Americans". Anyone watch that?
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:06:12 PM

I've heard so much about "Game of Thrones" that I'm getting the first few seasons through NETFLIX.
I'm also curious about a series called, "DaVinci's Demons". Anyone heard of it?

On my DVR I have ( in no particular order of prefernce).....
-The Chew
-Person of Interest
-The Following
-The Big Bang Theory
-Pawn Stars
-Cosmos:
-Last Man Standing

hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:12:05 AM

personal favourites:
Breaking Bad, The Wire

Hannibal wasn't bad, really like Mads Mikkelsen, great actor.

diving in the Sopranos atm.

zeeshan98210

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:41:10 AM

My favorites now and before.

The Walking Dead
Pawn Stars
Jericho
Vikings
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:12:21 AM

Game of Thrones

Archer

American Dad

It's either that or sports
nickjone

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:31:18 AM

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:45:51 AM

^^ Love board walk empire...
but lets put this to rest.
Game of thrones!

/thread over Smiley

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:01:14 AM

Hardcore Pawn
Pawn Stars
Gold Divers and all other gold mining series
Moonshiners
Tanked
Dragons Den
Secret Millionaire
Undercover Boss
lauraqtro

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:40:53 AM

The Big Bang Theory
Rigon (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:45:08 AM

House of Cards , based on the British series by the same name, and with Kevin Spacey as Francis Underwood, the American counterpart to Ian Richardson's great Francis Urquhart. I just heard an interview with Spacey today in which he notes that both characters--including the direct address to the audience--derive from Shakespeare's Richard III, which I hadn't thought of until he said it, it was a good observation: the bard lives on.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:39:54 PM

I personally like historical series like Roots, Borgia, Kennedy, North and South etc.
Remember watching North and South a few times in last 6-7 years!
Fantastic story and testimony from the most exciting time in USA history!

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:53:28 PM

Mr. Show.  money machine, counterfiet money machine (bitcoin miner)!!

i am here.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:59:31 PM

Great modern television series? I don't watch many of them because they eat too much time, unlike a film, that lasts at most 4 hours.

I like the Netflix ones. Hemlock Grove and House of Cards are good, and From Night till Daw is ok too. Breaking Bad was good also. Think only other I watched all and liked was American Horror Story first season(others are bad).

From the classic times I remember X-Files( the main mythology plot only) and The Fresh Prince of Bel-air, and other I watched on TV.
HelloNewman

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:03:44 PM

It's great that Jerry Seinfeld isn't on anymore. He wasn't funny at all. He never deserved a cable special! Sally Weaver on the other hand...
Meowington

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:07:08 PM

the big bang theory
season 8 comes out in 5 days!
Cheesy
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:22:12 PM

the big bang theory
Cheesy

It's become such a stupid show meanwhile. Watching it without the laughtrack (yeah I know, it's a real studio audience, been to the set of BBT) makes it look like a documentary about autism Tongue

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:04:17 PM

the big bang theory
Cheesy

It's become such a stupid show meanwhile. Watching it without the laughtrack (yeah I know, it's a real studio audience, been to the set of BBT) makes it look like a documentary about autism Tongue

For me laughtrack itself is kind of autistic. Like humor for autist people that have difficult to perceive humor.

Only new serie I've watched was Breaking Bad, a really good one.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: