Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:55:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which feature would you like the dev to pursue next?  (Voting closed: July 31, 2014, 05:04:09 PM)
Decentralized market - it may take a while, but it'll be worth it! (months) - 9 (37.5%)
Premium block explorer - much necessary (current providers charge from .1 to .5 btc for this) - 2 (8.3%)
Acceptance on Bitcoin Merchant network (like VeriBit) - It may take a while, but it'll be worth it! (months) - 2 (8.3%)
New wallet with tweet box and data feeds from exchanges (like SFR) (approx 1 week) - 4 (16.7%)
Mobile wallet (weeks, unless hire) - 1 (4.2%)
Whale incentives, like SYNC (weeks-months, have not worked out plausible details) - 4 (16.7%)
Multi-signature addresses - 0 (0%)
Forget features, PR is all that matters! - 2 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 24

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL][APEX] What Feature Should we Adapt Next?  (Read 2134 times)
APEXcoin_Team (OP)

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:04:09 PM

Here is the current list of new features APEX is considering adding to our coin. If you have an idea that is not on this list, please feel free to mention or discuss, and we will add it to be voted on. The poll will last for 7 days. So, which feature would you like to see adapted into APEX next?

1) Decentralized market - it may take a while, but it'll be worth it!

2) Premium block explorer - much necessary (current providers charge from .1 to .5 btc for this)

3) Acceptance on Bitcoin Merchant network (like VeriBit) - it may take a while, but it'll be worth it!

4) New wallet with tweet box and data feeds from exchanges (like SFR)

5) Mobile Wallet

6) Whale incentives, like SYNC

7) Multi-signature addresses

Cool Forget features, PR is all that matters!
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:22:57 PM

What sort of timetable would it take for the decentralized market?

Talking about a couple of weeks, or 2-3 months from now?

I'm leaning towards that one, or the explorer or mobile wallets, just unsure of the time difference to implement each. If the explorer or mobile wallet can be done fast, like a week, I'd probably say one of those first, then the decentralized market.
CptnShibe

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:35:13 PM

Consider that it's not about pumping out flavor of the month features, just because VOOT and SYNC get pumped.
SYNC took more than two months to unveil their whale program, or even their program at all, as, I can't stress this enough, their whole coin is built around it. APEX isn't and I don't think that's the way to go, at least not before some time.

This sure is about lots of features to adapt to different needs and awesome stuff being fused together, but we need a good base to work on. Every solid coin needs a good block explorer (as the devs say: "much necessary") I'll go with that. Also I don't want to have our development money spent on expensive providers Wink
TheProf

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:50:26 PM

Consider that it's not about pumping out flavor of the month features, just because VOOT and SYNC get pumped.
SYNC took more than two months to unveil their whale program, or even their program at all, as, I can't stress this enough, their whole coin is built around it. APEX isn't and I don't think that's the way to go, at least not before some time.

This sure is about lots of features to adapt to different needs and awesome stuff being fused together, but we need a good base to work on. Every solid coin needs a good block explorer (as the devs say: "much necessary") I'll go with that. Also I don't want to have our development money spent on expensive providers Wink

On the basis that the coin is still doing decently in a couple of weeks and the devs find a decent price near the middle of their estimate. I will sponsor the block explorer. So that can be taken out of the vote if everyone agrees.

Edit: Next week
APEXcoin_Team (OP)

Activity: 261

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:08:56 PM

I'm leaning towards that one, or the explorer or mobile wallets, just unsure of the time difference to implement each. If the explorer or mobile wallet can be done fast, like a week, I'd probably say one of those first, then the decentralized market.

Decentralized market will take months, plural. This is no simple task.
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:11:30 PM

Decentralized market will take months, plural. This is no simple task.

Thought so. Any chance of starting work on it in the background, yet still do some of the other stuff? I'm not sure what sort of funding you have.

Otherwise, I'd lean towards some of the smaller, quicker things first.
TheProf

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:18:15 PM

As much as I like some things on other coins. Can we not as a group - Community and devs - come up with something unique and different. As mentioned small things can be done first while big projects run round in the background. But my opinion would be copying things already done is not pushing for the lead. It will feel like happily getting silver.
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:25:22 PM

As much as I like some things on other coins. Can we not as a group - Community and devs - come up with something unique and different. As mentioned small things can be done first while big projects run round in the background. But my opinion would be copying things already done is not pushing for the lead. It will feel like happily getting silver.

A decentralized market would be sort of different enough to matter, although, yes, of course it already exists (NXT and similar flavors) in other coins.

I'll need to think on it a bit as to other useful features.

Something that could be useful for voting though is if the poll also listed aprox. timelines for each feature. People may automatically vote for the super fancy option, not realizing it'll hold up all other projects for the next several months.
Alb1232

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:57:18 PM

I say that we should start with the new wallet and the mobile one as well. Then we tackled the decentralized market next. After that, we focus on the Bitcoin Merchant Network. I think that APEX Coin should establish itself more, making itself more functional. Although it's still early in the game, it needs wallets, where people can quickly send, receive, and store the coin.

Can someone explain block explorers? I don't know that much about mining.
goldmaxx

Activity: 894
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:59:55 PM

A decentralized market would be sort of different enough to matter, although, yes, of course it already exists (NXT and similar flavors) in other coins.

I'll need to think on it a bit as to other useful features.

Something that could be useful for voting though is if the poll also listed aprox. timelines for each feature. People may automatically vote for the super fancy option, not realizing it'll hold up all other projects for the next several months.

+1

poornamelessme

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:04:29 PM

General question regarding the Bitcoin Merchant Network stuff, like veribit. I never followed that coin very closely, but basically it's a system where Apex would be converted to BTC automatically and used on merchant sites? Sort of like an automatic coin processor?

If so, I'd think it would only make sense if the coin's volume was pretty high or some level where if the system was used as planned, it wouldn't crash the price of the coin itself. Lower volume coins, which Apex is admittedly right now, wouldn't benefit as much, would it? I mean, if people used a veribit like system on a low volume coin, wouldn't it just crash the price?

For high volume stuff, it'd probably be great though. Even better if it could be turned into some sort of debit card against fiat. Basically would mean you could use Apex/Crypto anywhere, even if the merchant didn't normally accept crypto.
Mauri

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:19:53 AM

I would vote on Whale incentive program.
Even thought it would not be an easy process.
atom1cdonkey

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:35:12 AM

I'd vote on making the wallet more flashy, and a premium block explorer. Build up a solid basis and go further from there.

BTC: 18ose7BN8xPkaHsT1XTetCBhoB4drDqLSP
Aktor

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:11:03 AM

quote author=Aktor link=topic=686403.msg8014687#msg8014687 date=1406270251]
decentralized marketplace would be fcking amazing! lets do it  Grin Grin Grin how will this tor integration work will we need to update wallets? perhaps we can implement anonymous features such as anon sending, something like keycoin has right now but in experimental stages. lets make it happen boys make this coin go to fcking mars.,

It's very good idea.May be anon sending like XC
[/quote]
goldmaxx

Activity: 894
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:09:13 PM

dogecoin is to maintain an emotional connection emotional and social currency, it is easy to spread currency. apexcoin , and Turkey as a symbol, giving it culture, it will be the same as dogecoin transmitted to people.

WTf?

Hel

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:40:17 PM

dogecoin is to maintain an emotional connection emotional and social currency, it is easy to spread currency. apexcoin , and Turkey as a symbol, giving it culture, it will be the same as dogecoin transmitted to people.

WTf?

I read that like 50 times and I'm not 100% sure I know what is even trying to be communicated there. Make apex coin the national coin of Turkey is what I read.... unless they mean the bird, either way I'm confused.
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:44:09 PM

WTf?

I read that like 50 times and I'm not 100% sure I know what is even trying to be communicated there. Make apex coin the national coin of Turkey is what I read.... unless they mean the bird, either way I'm confused.

Pretty sure he is saying to use the turkey (bird) as the symbol for the coin, as turkeys are the apex of the bird kingdom, due to their delicious nature. And by doing so, we shall feed the hunger hidden within all people, striving for a better life, a better culture, and stronger social ties.

Or perhaps he just used google translate and it came out all weird.
Walrusbonzo

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:17:27 PM

In light of the failed TOR implementation, I say we have a re-vote.

To go ahead with the decentralized market idea would totally kill this coin. We need new features with quicker turn arounds to re-boost confidence before committing to "months" of development.

Just my 2p Smiley
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:49:04 PM

In light of the failed TOR implementation, I say we have a re-vote.

To go ahead with the decentralized market idea would totally kill this coin. We need new features with quicker turn arounds to re-boost confidence before committing to "months" of development.

Just my 2p Smiley

Agreed. I didn't even want the market before the TOR issue, but now even more so. Unless it could be worked on in the background, that is.
Otsu

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:04:00 AM

I would think at this point  a new wallet or mobile wallet would be best especially with merchant acceptance. 
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: