Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:18:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone of my friends says the same: "How do I get Bitcoins?"  (Read 3893 times)
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:28:55 AM

Here is my suggestion for anyone that wants free bitcoins:

Go out to a street corner and beg for money. Then use the money you receive to buy bitcoins.

That's how you get bitcoins for free. I guarantee that you will get more bitcoins that way than you will get from begging online or by visiting faucets.

Do you pay beggars in Sunnyvale? I doubt it...

The point is that you will be lucky if you make 10 cents a day from faucets. You'll make more than that begging on the streets, even in Sunnyvale.

True. I've heard of beggars getting more than the average daily wage. All you have to do is find the perfect spot. A busy city, a busy street  Tongue

Those are more likely scammers than beggars.  They pretend to be sick/ill/disabled and suck money out of people at freeway off-ramps.  Then after a good day of pulling $400 out of the generosity of others they hop in their Audi A6 and drive home to their home in Newport Beach Tongue

Unless you're willing to lie you would probably be better off working some off jobs. I guess it depends on how much your integrity is worth.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tammy Chan

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:22:13 AM

Everyone of them say "why do I want to work for Bitcoins? I would rather get paid in dollars" or they don't care to buy Bitcoins.

Obviously, your friends prefer to have USD rather than BTC, and so it is reasonable for them to make such comments.
For those appreciate BTC more than USD, they will love to get paid in BTC. Smiley

polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:15:09 PM

Those are more likely scammers than beggars.  They pretend to be sick/ill/disabled and suck money out of people at freeway off-ramps.  Then after a good day of pulling $400 out of the generosity of others they hop in their Audi A6 and drive home to their home in Newport Beach Tongue

Unless you're willing to lie you would probably be better off working some off jobs. I guess it depends on how much your integrity is worth.

People in this world are quite generous.
I, for one, would not give to a beggar.
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:52:52 PM

People in this world are quite generous.
I, for one, would not give to a beggar.

On this forum begging is not allowed at least so we don't see much of it and if we do its dealt with pretty quickly but if you do see someone begging I would create a scam accusation against them straight away because someone begging is not someone who you should trust.

nagabeler

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:31:58 PM

You can check my blog, have some list of faucet, and their payout, so you can calculate is it really worth your time, i also have list of paid btc hyip , www.artibitcoin.com , its in indonesian but i provide translate widget on the right side

Soappa

Activity: 569

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:31:34 PM

You can check my blog, have some list of faucet, and their payout, so you can calculate is it really worth your time, i also have list of paid btc hyip , www.artibitcoin.com , its in indonesian but i provide translate widget on the right side

I have checked your blog just now. It is good to see that you have included the pay rate of those sites, but for some sites it doesn't reflect the whole story.

For example, you have put "upto 0.3BTC" for freebitco.in. It is true, but the chance to get that is just 0.005% and you can only get slightly more than 300 satoshi each time very likely. Smiley

Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:22:14 PM

Go out to a street corner and beg for money. Then use the money you receive to buy bitcoins.

That's how you get bitcoins for free. I guarantee that you will get more bitcoins that way than you will get from begging online or by visiting faucets.

The point is that you will be lucky if you make 10 cents a day from faucets. You'll make more than that begging on the streets, even in Sunnyvale.

True. I've heard of beggars getting more than the average daily wage. All you have to do is find the perfect spot. A busy city, a busy street  Tongue

"Help, I have no money, five hungry kids, I need money to buy bitcoins". It's a new approach, it could work. Make sure you have a largish qr code for a paper wallet, in case a journalist comes by.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:28:21 PM

BTC faucets are a waste of time and life. Alt faucets tend to be much more generous in their early days and if the coin in question explodes you might get a useful payday.
Soappa

Activity: 569

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:36:14 PM

"Help, I have no money, five hungry kids, I need money to buy bitcoins". It's a new approach, it could work. Make sure you have a largish qr code for a paper wallet, in case a journalist comes by.

It is indeed much simpler than that.
This guy (http://www.coindesk.com/sports-fan-gets-over-20000-donations-bitcoin-address-sign/) got over 22 btc in just 2 days by simply showing a banner with a QR code in front of the camara. Smiley

kingama

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:24:09 PM

You should come up with a list of jobs they can do for you and put a BTC price on each one. They need to understand that bitcoins aren't free so they should not expect to get them for doing almost nothing.
Baitty

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:31:06 PM

BTC faucets are a waste of time and life. Alt faucets tend to be much more generous in their early days and if the coin in question explodes you might get a useful payday.

Faucets used to give around 1 Bitcoin which obviously is worth the time now that Bitcoin has exploded but the likely hood of earning your time back from 0.00001 Bitcoin is hard to imagine.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:33:02 PM

You should come up with a list of jobs they can do for you and put a BTC price on each one. They need to understand that bitcoins aren't free so they should not expect to get them for doing almost nothing.
If you have the coins behind you to be able to do this, this is a great idea.

Now, the question becomes; what do you need?

I can't think of a lot of services that I need completed in exchange for BTC, it's more goods on my end. I can't really think of much that I want, since I'm not really into vanity things on the internet, like Facebook likes or whatever else is being sold these days.

However, this is great way to earn BTC from someone else.

Maybe digital goods on video games they play? That could be an idea. (Just keep prices cheap, like $0.10/item or whatever)
Armed

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:44:22 PM

If they rather get paid in dollar then what's the point of telling them how to obtain btc?

There are ways on the internet if you don't want to invest your own money, but you won't get anything for free.

HarryT1923

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:57:10 PM

Faucets used to give around 1 Bitcoin which obviously is worth the time now that Bitcoin has exploded but the likely hood of earning your time back from 0.00001 Bitcoin is hard to imagine.

yes, there was a time -- back then, BTC's success was much less certain. they needed to be distributed like that for more people to have incentive to want them. now, it's just based on ad revenue.
WillyBTC

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:26:54 AM

yes, there was a time -- back then, BTC's success was much less certain. they needed to be distributed like that for more people to have incentive to want them. now, it's just based on ad revenue.

Even last year, I remember accumulating something like 0.3-0.5 BTC from doing faucets over the course of several weeks. The giveaways (gambling sites, etc) were much better back then, too. Undecided
Alchemix

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:56:30 AM

And it doesnt hurt to be an attractive female...but then again, have you ever seen an attractive female begging for change?

Crossbow376

Activity: 615

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:16:49 PM

Everyone of them say "why do I want to work for Bitcoins? I would rather get paid in dollars" or they don't care to buy Bitcoins.

Do they expect bitcoin price to drop, or do they consider the whole bitcoin thing a scam?  Sad

Faucets are a joke.

Very true. There are lots of way to get bitcoin much faster and easier than collecting dusts from faucets.

bitcoinget

Activity: 608
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 07:39:18 PM

BitcoinGet has been around and paying out for well over a year now. It is not a faucet, but rather an "earn" site, where you get BTC for completing microtasks. We have users that consistently earn 10-20 USD equivalent of BTC a day in their spare time. In the early days, some users were earning 0.5 BTC a day.

Earn Bitcoin by Completing Tasks: http://www.bitcoinget.com
Earn Bitcoin Cashback at 300+ Stores: http://www.coinrebates.com
kingama

Activity: 94

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:30:52 PM

BitcoinGet has been around and paying out for well over a year now. It is not a faucet, but rather an "earn" site, where you get BTC for completing microtasks. We have users that consistently earn 10-20 USD equivalent of BTC a day in their spare time. In the early days, some users were earning 0.5 BTC a day.

Nice site. It's humorous that the site's title says Earn free bitcoins when people are by some definitions working for the money!  Grin
Balkhole

Activity: 76

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:06:29 AM

sadly this is true. If they find just one or two generous people then they can make out pretty well.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: