Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:29:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Quebecoin - X11 DGW - Forked! New Mac/Win/Linux Wallets!  (Read 79551 times)
snowcrawl

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:47:13 AM

Hi...
I made sell order for 10,000 qbc on http://exchange.cryptobec.com.
If you want to buy some qbc, visit this exchange.

Thank you manmaxz for participating, hopefully we can get more traffic to our exchange, in time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
manmaxz

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:59:44 AM

Hi...

Thank you manmaxz for participating, hopefully we can get more traffic to our exchange, in time.
i really hope so...  ^^

*ps : every body please use English. I know most people who interested in qbc are living in Quebec(no??). But this is crypto currency that has no limitation about nationality and language. If your use a french, some of member can't understand what you want to say.(include me, i'm from Korea(not north))
manmaxz

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:49:19 AM

Hi...

i really hope so...  ^^

*ps : every body please use English. I know most people who interested in qbc are living in Quebec(no??). But this is crypto currency that has no limitation about nationality and language. If your use a french, some of member can't understand what you want to say.(include me, i'm from Korea(not north))
Hey, everyone...
1 buy order is registered.
Good signal...
manmaxz

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:49:00 AM

Hi...

i really hope so...  ^^

Hey, everyone...
1 buy order is registered.
Good signal...
New last price(200 satoshi) is created!!!
snowcrawl

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:33:32 AM

That was me who placed the buy orders earlier.
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:40:51 AM

So allo allo from slightly northern Manitoba.  Just stumbled upon this coin tonight while looking for low-difficulty coins, things you can still mine with a 7950.  Right now I'm 15% of your network, giddy with power, talking like Megamind.  So what's all this about exchanges?  I don't wanna trade my coins for other coins, I wanna trade em for a 40oz at the depanneur if and when I ever get back to Montreal.  *sigh*  Fou-Fou Electrique still closed?  Bummer.

Currencies are supposed to be organic things, grown from the merchant ground up.  Merchants invent them to use amongst themselves and then involve their customers, that then defines value.  6:30 am here once again, tired.  Will be back, until then, here's a distribution model to consider...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=822317.0

snowcrawl

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:34:57 PM

So allo allo from slightly northern Manitoba.  Just stumbled upon this coin tonight while looking for low-difficulty coins, things you can still mine with a 7950.  Right now I'm 15% of your network, giddy with power, talking like Megamind.

I just rented a 36 Mh/s rig from Betarigs ($1.37 in BTC) and will become over 50% of the network for the next 6 hours.  Just a little experiment I like to try every once in a while, even though it isn't very cost effective.

So what's all this about exchanges?  I don't wanna trade my coins for other coins, I wanna trade em for a 40oz at the depanneur if and when I ever get back to Montreal.  *sigh*  Fou-Fou Electrique still closed?  Bummer.

Foufounes Électriques is very much active, however it is now quite mainstream in terms of the entertainment.  The place to go now for the underground scene would be places like the Katacombes.

At the present moment an exchange is honestly the only way we can derive any value from the Quebecoins we hold.  Assuming there is a buyer who wishes to pick up some for some bitcoin.  That can give us the little bit of bitcoin we may need in order to make a small purchase and have enough to cover the fees.  Like finding some change at the bottom of your sofa.  Some real merchant activity with Québecoin would be ideal, however the exchange activity also plays a vital role in securing Québecoin's place in the crypto ecosystem.

ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:41:23 AM

Honestly, I'm a Quebecois & recently also an American citizen.  I'm moving back to FL because of personal reasons but I wouldn't mind doing PR for this coin.  I love that people saved it from the scam it initially was.  I love that the fork made the wallet nicer to use too.  I can read/speak French, but I can't write it for shit, so I won't be writing at all in French.  I can try by using a hybrid mix of Google translate and correcting for the obvious errors (many) it makes.  I like the low difficulty as well and now that the scam is over, we have a coin we can believe in and know is honest.  I won't be in Quebec for at least two years, so I can't do much locally, so we need help from residents.  Do we know of any merchants who are in talks with devs (are devs still here?)?  Is there a way of closing the original ANN since it contains misinformation such as "being listed on Bittrex Exchange", which we aren't anymore because of low trade volume.  I was one of those who had to sell my coins as I saw the coin tumble.  I have less than $100 in crypto, I can't such a hit at this early stage unfortunately.  Either way, I'll now keep an eye out of this forum thread more if others are still active.  I really like seeing people from all over the world (also provinces) finding interest in this country coin.  Thank you all!
CryptoSiD

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

Former SuchPool Admin

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:41:01 AM

I need to know at what block the hard fork happened so i can update our quebecoin pool

j'aimerais savoir a quel block le hard fork est arrivé pour updater notre pool de quebecoin s.v.p:)

p.s ca aurais été bien quon nous contact AVANT le hard fork, 3 month ago:D
ShadowBits

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:42:26 AM

I need to know at what block the hard fork happened so i can update our quebecoin pool

j'aimerais savoir a quel block le hard fork est arrivé pour updater notre pool de quebecoin s.v.p:)

lol!  Bill HydroQuebec, lol!  Cheesy
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:36:45 PM

I thought this was some sort of confirmation you guys updated: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=708702.msg8011543#msg8011543

Looks likes the pre-mine lock-down kicked in at block 15242? https://github.com/morinpa/QBC/commit/7958693ed6433191ea04ee479ff6ac7669788d1b

I like the low difficulty as well and now that the scam is over, we have a coin we can believe in and know is honest.  I won't be in Quebec for at least two years, so I can't do much locally, so we need help from residents.  Do we know of any merchants who are in talks with devs (are devs still here?)?

There is no official "dev" for QBC right now. Morinpa worked on the hard fork, but he's not an actual C++ developer AFAIK. Just an IT enthusiast like many of us, but a good one at that! He has done most of the work for a lot of things. Notably the implementation and testing of the hard fork itself, but also the new block-explorer @ http://explorateur-qbc.circonference.ca/ and he started to look into the android wallet.

ML Richard (Circonference) also spent quite a lot of time on this, and then so did GHonyme. But as far as QBC's value went thus far, everyone literally did this voluntarily - at a loss. Yet we're all still kicking around cryptoz! Sure most of us aren’t posting as actively as before, I can assure you no one forgot about QBC and that were going to remain interested in this project for the years to come. So we can only slightly grow from here on.

Is there a way of closing the original ANN since it contains mis-information such as "being listed on Bittrex Exchange", which we aren't anymore because of low trade volume.
Not sure about this, but I don't mind the original thread. I think it'll be a great little historical archive in the big crypto-experiment of our time.

Two things on my mind lately:
  • We need a QBC mining calculator. There's no quick and easy way to calculate it anymore
  • Ideas/brainstorm on how/if we could air-drop QBC cost effectively.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:38:55 PM

Oh also; hello and welcome the the few new entheusiast haha. I'm actually surprised new folks are showing up without anything big happening. Grin
snowcrawl

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:12:58 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 12:56:02 AM by snowcrawl

Looks likes the pre-mine lock-down kicked in at block 15242? https://github.com/morinpa/QBC/commit/7958693ed6433191ea04ee479ff6ac7669788d1b

I was mining with my CPU on the cryptobec pool on July 23, which was the day before the fork.  I looked up the credit stats and it lists the last block that I received credit on before the fork as 53341.  I resumed mining on July 26 where the block number starts at 55336.  So the first block after the fork was probably somewhere after 54000, I would think?

Update: I just played around with the stats again and it indicates that block 54005 would have been the first block after the fork at around 2 PM on July 24th.
snowcrawl

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:34:31 PM

Here's a little thank for the new members who have just joined the conversation.  The first one to post their Quebecoin address in this thread will receive 5000 QBC. 
snowcrawl

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:32:45 PM

The other Québecoin giveaway I have planned will be a betarigs Quebecoin mining contract (probably 6 hours or so, yielding roughly a couple thousand coins).  Stay tuned.
manmaxz

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 11:41:04 PM

Here's a little thank for the new members who have just joined the conversation.  The first one to post their Quebecoin address in this thread will receive 5000 QBC. 
my address is QfvT8ZznpJKWZcxXTSDqcq3UrYcRr6yzv4
thanks..  ^^
snowcrawl

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:05:01 AM

my address is QfvT8ZznpJKWZcxXTSDqcq3UrYcRr6yzv4
thanks..  ^^

Have a look inside your Quebecoin wallet, your prize has been sent.

http://explorateur-qbc.circonference.ca/address/QfvT8ZznpJKWZcxXTSDqcq3UrYcRr6yzv4
ShadowBits

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:25:14 PM

Donations?  Spread the wealth =P  Merci le chum

QN9AuwtQy6TpKUh8YfPsQky2xZMPZHMEmj
ShadowBits

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:25:51 PM

Ah, booo, I'm too late.
snowcrawl

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:57:00 PM

Ah, booo, I'm too late.

No, I will also send you some as well, to your Quebecoin wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: