Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:15:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Quebecoin - X11 DGW - Forked! New Mac/Win/Linux Wallets!  (Read 79551 times)
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 09:29:07 PM

I just picked up 1072 QBC, doubling my holdings to just over 2000.  I used my daily 0.01 BTC mining earnings for the exchange on bittrex.

Good for you. It looks like ny big-bid quasi experiment had lucky timing.

..in some ways; most of my order is unfilled as QBC gets away from me...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Circonference (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 12:05:29 AM

First of all, a confession. "That person [who] ups it to keep it in priority" is me. I didn't identify myself at the time because I wanted to stay anonymous.

I am not very well versed in market lingo. I do not even know whether it's a good or bad thing that the price is going up. However, if supply of QBC has gone down twenty fold, then the price should be 20 times more than 450 (median price in July before fork). However, no alt price makes any sense at this point. I mean the very best alt coin, Reddcoin (RDD), is only 30 satoshis in a dizzying world of copy-pasted coins that have no real value.

I costs only USD 130 of bitcoins to buy QBC up to 1700 at this point so somebody with a modest budget wants QBC, well there aren't that many to be had quite frankly.

I am just looking forward to when your IPO purchase price is restored (7000 satoshis).

I'm holding and not buying for now so all I can do is eat popcorn while watching the show.

Maybe we can make a game out of it (with a Counterparty (XCP) oracle system type of thing like on XCPfeeds.info).

Marie-Lynn
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:15:22 AM

There isn't a lot of miner dumping Quebecoin. It hasn't made sense to mine QBC for the past 2 months unless you plannned hold them, and rare were those daring to mine and hold a coin as risky as it was.

QBC went totally off the map/radar during that period. Now that it's safe, I can see people (myself included) placing bigger buy order, and actually leaving them there without stressing that JP could cash out on a few more QBC before truely fucking off.

As I said before, and it's even more true now, QBC is hovering at the top of x11 mining profitability. Watch in the next week(s), net hash is gonna go up, pools are gonna start stealing blocks from the honest QBC-miners. They'll dump their coin, our order will fill up, the difficulty will climb and everthing will stabilise.

Disclaimer: I am all but an expert, do not quote me.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 12:34:44 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 04:31:19 AM by Nxtblg

Hi again, Marie-Lynn,

I am not very well versed in market lingo. I do not even know whether it's a good or bad thing that the price is going up. However, if supply of QBC has gone down twenty fold, then the price should be 20 times more than 450 (median price in July before fork). However, no alt price makes any sense at this point. I mean the very best alt coin, Reddcoin (RDD), is only 30 satoshis in a dizzying world of copy-pasted coins that have no real value.

I am well-versed, and the inevitable 'expertitis' seems to be affecting my language. Smiley It's really insidious how you start using jargon, quite sincerely, as if they were words in the micro dictionary.

As for market cap calculations, they don't do much good in a "hot-or-not" party. Economic fundamentals are really blurred for crypto, to the point where common sense says there aren't any at all atm, so what matters is demand. And, of course, why the demanders demand.

Were you buying Reddcoin when it was in the 4-5 satoshis ditch? If so, our minds met.    

I costs only USD 130 of bitcoins to buy QBC up to 1700 at this point so somebody with a modest budget wants QBC, well there aren't that many to be had quite frankly.

I am just looking forward to when your IPO purchase price is restored (7000 satoshis).

I'm holding and not buying for now so all I can do is eat popcorn while watching the show.

Thank you! But I go into Quebecoin as - well, a chance at a quick profit, true, but I always had an intention to hold long-term as a backup plan. That's why I never sold my 'bag' even when it was so low you were buying.  Wink

Maybe we can make a game out of it (with a Counterparty (XCP) oracle system type of thing like on XCPfeeds.info).

I can't say I know how that works, but whatever floats your boat down the St. Lawrence. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:57:53 PM

Just to let everyone know, there's now a big bid for QBC on Bittrex @ 700 satoshis exactly. Looks like the bidder either wants a lot of QBC or wants to wake the volume up. If the entire order goes through, it'll mean close to 0.5 BTC volume.

...There should be very little QBCs available at a low price after that 65K order is filled.

Marie-Lynn

More like before most of it was filled. Sad I just had to up the rest to 1100 satoshis after waiting at 805 to see if last night's pullback would pull back enough to hit it. It didn't.

So you were right...but at least I got ~13,000 QBC below 805. Maybe next time I should just shut up completely...

ghonyme

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:34:44 AM

Nxtblg Maybe you should try to buy 10000 QBC for 1200 Satoshi each.

I think it's the current most interesting offer. After, you will have to spend 4000 satoshi per QBC....

Website : http://cryptobec.com (many services for quebecoin will arrive....)
Pool : http://pool.cryptobec.com
Exchange : http://exchange.cryptobec.com
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 04:34:33 AM

I think it's the current most interesting offer. After, you will have to spend 4000 satoshi per QBC....

Thanks for the advice, ghonyme, but I want to see what will happen as I adjust. Granted that I've been frustrated twice by two pullbacks that didn't touch my bid, but this buy of mine is turning into an interesting trader's experiment.

owlhooter

Activity: 183

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:08:08 PM

http://qbc.cryptoadhd.com has been updated to the new wallet.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:16:20 PM

Is this coin legit dead? I mined some of it when it came out, I expect a good pump off it in an AuroraCoin fashion but guess what: Nothing happened.

Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:38:44 PM

Is this coin legit dead?

Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:39:25 PM

Been a while Owlhooter  Grin

Happy you've updated.
snowcrawl

Activity: 377

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:33:59 PM

I am trying out betarigs for the first time today.  I rented a 28 MH/s mining rig (for 12 hours) to mine Quebecoin at the cryptobec pool.  It is obviously a big leap from the CPU mining of QBC that I have done so far.  I just found my first block.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 08:35:07 PM

Actually, I should have taken your advice in retrospect. After seeing QBC climb up to > 1400, I lost patience and withdrew my remaining BTC, and the QBC I did buy, from Bittrex. Both are now in my wallet.

So, because of the ramp-up which was too fast for my taste, I now have a little more than half of the 0.5 BTC I planned to put into QBC. And instead of the total ~110,000 QBC I was hoping some accommodating bagholder would dump on me at 700 Wink , I now have a total of ~67,000 and a little more than 0.25 BTC. So I have to say that my little experiment is over.

And there has been a side benefit! I don't know how much of this had to do with me, but QBC volume is well over <= 0.1 BTC per day. Its 24h vol now varies between 0.3 and 0.4 BTC. So, Bittrex is going to be much less interested in delisting QBC for lack of volume.  Smiley

All's well that ends well...   

owlhooter

Activity: 183

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:52:27 PM

Been a while Owlhooter  Grin

Happy you've updated.

Yeah, been busy with other things (doing some Dev work on MazaCoin) and hadn't been keeping up with QBC.  Unfortunately it looks like I sold most of mine while it was low.  But still hope the coin can do well now that it has more active devs.
Circonference (OP)

Activity: 87

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 10:25:58 PM

Yeah, been busy with other things (doing some Dev work on MazaCoin) and hadn't been keeping up with QBC.

Welcome back OwlHooter Smiley I have updated the OP to reflect your wallet update. Thanks!

Marie-Lynn
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 12:55:55 PM

Now below 1200 satoshis...this pullback was stronger than the others. Still, it would have to fall to well below 1000 before I'd be "interested in" buying the rest I wanted to buy.

Also the 24h volume's fallen. That's actually a good sign. Since it takes two to tango, it means there's less available supply from active sellers below 1200.

This is getting really interesting. QBC's enjoying an uptrend right now that basic technical analysis says is solid.

endchat

Activity: 269

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:45:25 PM

bittrex disabled qbc wallet

Huh
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 04:06:08 PM

bittrex disabled qbc wallet

Huh

Just for server maintenance. I think it's back now.

snowcrawl

Activity: 377

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:58:29 PM

Reddcoin wallet was also temporarily disabled on bittrex over the last 24 hours, and is now back up.  Marie-Lynn, are you staking with your reddcoin wallet yet?
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:17:20 PM

Reddcoin wallet was also temporarily disabled on bittrex over the last 24 hours, and is now back up.  Marie-Lynn, are you staking with your reddcoin wallet yet?

You reminded me I should begin staking my RDD, just downloaded the new RDD wallet!

And I have no doubt ML is on the ball for this. We all know how much she loves her Reddcoins hehe Wink.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: