Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:21:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best PoS coin to invest in?  (Read 6921 times)
CLains

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:59:16 PM

I'd Check out Bitsharesx, their DPOS system is very interesting. Holding some NXT as a hedge is probably a good choice.

I was originally going to dump my money back into CEX until I saw how pricy it is. Thanks for referring me to BitsharesX!
How exactly does DPOS work?

More info here, http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/DPOS_or_Delegated_Proof_of_Stake

I got a bunch a few days ago, but I'm having difficulty trying to become a delegate. Any tips on how to?

The technical how-to is explained here http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/DPOS#How_to_become_a_delegate

However, as delegates are voted in by shareholders in the chain (those who hold btsx), it is essential to promote yourself on the bitsharestalk.org forum, especially in the delegate section here. You are more likely to get votes if you don't take full pay (delegates select how much % of pay they will take), OR if you provide some useful service to the shareholders who vote for you, like promotion, development, review-of-delegates, or even charity or other things people take kindly to Wink
13cardz

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:07:35 PM

Binary decisions are poor.  Diversify.

60% BTSX, 30% NXT and 10% Peercoin and you're probably guaranteed to either be filthy rich or break even.

BTSX has largest chance of success by far.  NXT is doing a lot of things.  It seems NXT's limited distribution may not hurt them that much and it helps them finance projects.  Peercoin has a chance of sticking around with their self-funding too, so I wouldn't count them out completely.  BTSX has the most going.  NXT seems to have started to follow their lead with NXT's recent announcement of direction.  (The corporation metaphor)
CLains

Activity: 256

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:12:10 PM

Ya, get some NXT as well.  Grin
Reclaim3r (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:13:20 PM

I'd Check out Bitsharesx, their DPOS system is very interesting. Holding some NXT as a hedge is probably a good choice.

I was originally going to dump my money back into CEX until I saw how pricy it is. Thanks for referring me to BitsharesX!
How exactly does DPOS work?

More info here, http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/DPOS_or_Delegated_Proof_of_Stake

I got a bunch a few days ago, but I'm having difficulty trying to become a delegate. Any tips on how to?

The technical how-to is explained here http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/DPOS#How_to_become_a_delegate

However, as delegates are voted in by shareholders in the chain (those who hold btsx), it is essential to promote yourself on the bitsharestalk.org forum, especially in the delegate section here. You are more likely to get votes if you don't take full pay (delegates select how much % of pay they will take), OR if you provide some useful service to the shareholders who vote for you, like promotion, development, review-of-delegates, or even charity or other things people take kindly to Wink

Ah, I see. Thanks for the links. I guess I'll have to do something the community thinks is worth it.
Not sure about charities but I think I could muster a few new ideas  Wink
Reclaim3r (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:17:20 PM

Binary decisions are poor.  Diversify.

60% BTSX, 30% NXT and 10% Peercoin and you're probably guaranteed to either be filthy rich or break even.

BTSX has largest chance of success by far.  NXT is doing a lot of things.  It seems NXT's limited distribution may not hurt them that much and it helps them finance projects.  Peercoin has a chance of sticking around with their self-funding too, so I wouldn't count them out completely.  BTSX has the most going.  NXT seems to have started to follow their lead with NXT's recent announcement of direction.  (The corporation metaphor)

I like NXT, although I've had my discomfort with the closed forging concept. I'm getting into Bitshares, just need an idea or some product/action I could do to get people to vote for me. I might consider using some of the garnered BTSX ( if I ever do get any after IF I become a delegate  Wink ) to buy some NXT again.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:39:32 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 09:34:29 PM by FandangledGizmo

Yes as many have mentioned BTSX which was released last week is the way to go! https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-x/

In it's fund raising stage it had a market value of over $30 million so it was already pretty clear, that at $45 million NXT stood no chance if BTSX delivered on it's concept. And deliver BTSX did!

-By using a 101 trusted delegate system, BTSX blows NXT's performance out of the water in terms of tps as well as giving confirmations in only 10 seconds! It also allows trading to user chosen account names instead of those long NXT/BTC keys! Logically it pushed NXT out the way like it didn't even exist and took the no.5 Crypto Market CAP spot!

-But BTSX was only getting started... It's DPOS also puts PPC to shame as a store of value, because BTSX has no inflation and on top of it, fees are being burnt every day, meaning shareholders % stake is increasing! So as it's encore BTSX demolished PPC, taking the no.6 spot.

-Now it was DarkCoin's turn! BTSX's TITAN feature, with it's anonymity and user friendly account names makes Darkcoin look like yesterdays news, so this one was easy. BTSX flew past DRK, taking the lucky no.7 spot!!

-What about Dogecoin, surely that would be impossible? How could BTSX compete with a high inflation clone and a picture of a dog? But compete it did! Boom! Doggystle baby! A few days ago BTSX took the no.8 spot with ease!

-Today was the big one, NameCoin, a lot of people thought BTSX, with it's ground-breaking blockchain made by an incredibly talented co-located development team would struggle against NameCoin, who tactfully develop at the speed of a tranquillised sloth. But again BTSX proved the naysayers wrong and took the no.9 spot!

So while many people said it was just a crazy pipe dream, BTSX has done the impossible and got MaidSafeCoin! Yes MaidSafeCoin, a concept that is still in development, in it's sights. The no.10 spot could be theirs!

But this is just the beginning! Very shortly BTSX will be releasing market pegged BitAssets! By leveraging the accuracy and efficiency of prediction markets with high collateral required short positions & minimum market depth requirements, BitAssets will be able to track the value of real world counterparts!

All I can say is, Quark, Feathercoin & MaxCoin, you better watch your backs! BTSX is coming for you!!

devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:52:55 PM

All I can say is, Quark, Feathercoin & MaxCoin, you better watch your backs! BTSX is coming for you!!

NXT is coming for Bitcoin.
BTSX is coming for Quark, Feathercoin & MaxCoin.
Looks fair to me Smiley
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:15:52 PM

Qora has the most potential in the real world. basically NXT with much more user friendliness.

It's still under the radar for many people, but that won't last much longer.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:23:17 PM

Looks fair to me Smiley

Yeah & that's just me being conservative, I've really got my sights set on page no.2 of coinmarketcap  Wink

No, I'm being sarcastic obviously. BTSX just demonstrates the alt-coin market isn't particularly good at judging relative value.
(For example, I actually think NXT should be above LTC in all fairness, even though you do have a significant initial distribution problem.)

Luckily once BTSX has BitAsset functionality and starts being used by traders & merchants, the rest as they say should be history...

Reclaim3r (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:40:39 PM

Looks fair to me Smiley

Yeah & that's just me being conservative, I've really got my sights set on page no.2 of coinmarketcap  Wink

No, I'm being sarcastic obviously. BTSX just demonstrates the alt-coin market isn't particularly good at judging relative value.
(For example, I actually think NXT should be above LTC in all fairness, even though you do have a significant initial distribution problem.)

Luckily once BTSX has BitAsset functionality and starts being used by traders & merchants, the rest as they say should be history...

I know that feeling  Cheesy
When will they implement BitAsset functionality?
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:51:25 PM

Looks fair to me Smiley

I know that feeling  Cheesy
When will they implement BitAsset functionality?

Smiley Possibly in the next few weeks I believe.

The plan for August is to launch BitAssets...

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6299.0
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:34:48 PM

It's posts like this which mean people need to take investment advice with extreme caution:

-But BTSX was only getting started... It's DPOS also puts PPC to shame as a store of value, because BTSX has no inflation and on top of it, fees are being burnt every day, meaning shareholders % stake is increasing!

I suspect anyone who bought BTSX in January would take exception to that statement, as it used to be .01 BTC for a single BTSX and it's now .00001 BTC per BTSX.  PPC has certainly dropped a fair bit in the same timeframe from .009 BTC to .002 BTC, but at least it hasn't lost any decimal places  Tongue .  Your post sounded a little too much like an advertisement to be taken at face value, otherwise I might not have gone digging to find the facts.

liondani

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Inch by Inch,Play by Play

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:47:04 PM

I really think that bitsharesX is the best choice right now.
Consider that early adapters had allready big gains from bitsharesX and it was expected that the first week of BTSX circulation much of early investors would  sell a % of their holdings.
I am really suprised that it has not gone to lower prices... It is for sure a good sign! It means they have sold a only smal piece of their investment.I bet they sold only the minimum they could...   Consider that the suply is huge right now (2 billion BTSX out there) and demand couldn't be high at the beginning because bitsharesX has not yet made aggresive marketing efforts and don't expect them to do it. They are very confident for their product and they don't want to just hype it.They are not in rush.They are focusing on the long term results.They have proove it on idle of March when they had the oportunity to launch bitsharesX ! BUT THEY DON'T... because Dan Larimer (founder of bitsharesX) concluded that bitASSETS and bitUSD, bitGOLD etc. would not fit ideally under the known POS technology... he decided to create a new blockchain technology from scratch ... TITAN +DPOS... are now the heart beat of bitsharesX project!!!  We will all know very soon if he was right or not   Smiley

Inch by Inch, Play by Play
Bitrated user: liondani.
liondani

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Inch by Inch,Play by Play

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:17:00 PM

It's posts like this which mean people need to take investment advice with extreme caution:

-But BTSX was only getting started... It's DPOS also puts PPC to shame as a store of value, because BTSX has no inflation and on top of it, fees are being burnt every day, meaning shareholders % stake is increasing!

I suspect anyone who bought BTSX in January would take exception to that statement, as it used to be .01 BTC for a single BTSX and it's now .00001 BTC per BTSX.  PPC has certainly dropped a fair bit in the same timeframe from .009 BTC to .002 BTC, but at least it hasn't lost any decimal places  Tongue .  Your post sounded a little too much like an advertisement to be taken at face value, otherwise I might not have gone digging to find the facts.

You are missinformed, every investor got his BTSX multiplied by 500 because the initial suply changed from 4 million to 2 billion.
You also forget to mention that all BTSX investors will get a minimum of 10% share on all future DACs that are based on the open source bitshares_toolkit project !!!
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit

On the queue list are bitshares DNS ,bitshares music, bitshares lotto,bitshares insurance,bitshares voting etc. not to mention 3rd party DACs that could make announcements very soon...

Inch by Inch, Play by Play
Bitrated user: liondani.
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:40:13 PM

You are missinformed, every investor got his BTSX multiplied by 500 because the initial suply changed from 4 million to 2 billion.
You also forget to mention that all BTSX investors will get a minimum of 10% share on all future DACs that are based on the open source bitshares_toolkit project !!!
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit

On the queue list are bitshares DNS ,bitshares music, bitshares lotto,bitshares insurance,bitshares voting etc. not to mention 3rd party DACs that could make announcements very soon...

Tell the exchange then, it's their figures you're arguing with.  Not sure why BTER showed the date as January, though.  Guessing it should say 4th July:

Cryptocoin Charts also says the price dropped from .01 BTC, but at least they seem to have the dates correct:  http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=alltime&resolution=day&pair=btsx-btc&market=bter
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:17:33 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 12:52:35 AM by FandangledGizmo

Your figures are wrong but I wasn't referring to price action though, the point my post was making, was that PPC markets itself as being designed as a store of value but the fact that BTSX has no inflation and burns shares increasing all shareholders % makes it better at that task imo.

(I don't follow PPC, so I'm not sure of its inflation but my understanding is they use a hybrid model and the effect of the POW coins means inflation for the coin overall is currently >5%?)
Reclaim3r (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:20:40 AM

Qora has the most potential in the real world. basically NXT with much more user friendliness.

It's still under the radar for many people, but that won't last much longer.

Should I invest in Qora or no? I like the idea and concept but I was wondering how it works out as a PoS coin.  Huh
joninoakland

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:01:22 AM

none

no coin is a good investment except btc, the 2% or whatever from pos is worthless compared with the potential of btc to go up in price

alts are pump and dump speculation not long term investment

Not every POS coin is inflated.  BTSX's money supply has no inflation, only deflation.

BTC on the other hand has a 10% inflation in the money supply each year. 
Reclaim3r (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:58:19 AM

I really think that bitsharesX is the best choice right now.
Consider that early adapters had allready big gains from bitsharesX and it was expected that the first week of BTSX circulation much of early investors would  sell a % of their holdings.
I am really suprised that it has not gone to lower prices... It is for sure a good sign! It means they have sold a only smal piece of their investment.I bet they sold only the minimum they could...   Consider that the suply is huge right now (2 billion BTSX out there) and demand couldn't be high at the beginning because bitsharesX has not yet made aggresive marketing efforts and don't expect them to do it. They are very confident for their product and they don't want to just hype it.They are not in rush.They are focusing on the long term results.They have proove it on idle of March when they had the oportunity to launch bitsharesX ! BUT THEY DON'T... because Dan Larimer (founder of bitsharesX) concluded that bitASSETS and bitUSD, bitGOLD etc. would not fit ideally under the known POS technology... he decided to create a new blockchain technology from scratch ... TITAN +DPOS... are now the heart beat of bitsharesX project!!!  We will all know very soon if he was right or not   Smiley

Well, I gotta tell you, the news around Bitshares X sounds a LOT more optimistic then what I've been hearing for others.
Hopefully, we'll start seeing better non-inflation POS coins with some real innovation  Grin
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:58:50 AM

+1 for BitSharesX

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █