Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:25:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best PoS coin to invest in?  (Read 6921 times)
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:21:28 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2014, 07:27:11 PM by sherbyspark

Heard of a Coin coming out from doge developer. . Maybe that.
razen489

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:33:00 AM

I look at http://www.coingecko.com/, i buy primarily Blackcoin and NXT
GreenBacksTeam

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:04:33 AM

Keep an eye on GreenBacks, we're releasing soon. Basically we're a complete currency that is building an infrastructure around the coin. We'll let you make your own judgments when we do launch, and you can read our whitepaper.

GreenBacks: A Complete Currency - Launching Soon!
fuznutts

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:59:01 PM

Hands down it is bitsharesx and their entire damned toolkit.  There is literally no other platform that is offering people the ability to create Decentralized Autonomous Companies [DACs] that will give their users Privacy (think Darkcoin), secure messaging and sending of funds (cryptonote), sending to names (TITAN), Secure Transactions that compete with Ripple (DPOS), and the ability to vote delegates in who use a portion of their tx fees to give back to the community (like NXT, only far more decentralized and faster)--Out-of-the-Box.  This is what you get for using the bitsharesx toolkit to build DACs that only your POW, POS (or other variant) coin can use.  

It is insane how few people really respect this "coin" (the term coin is laughable here).  China does...so you better move with the herd or watch their economy explode with brand new innovation using this toolkit.  

Every other coin has features...that is great, especially if you have a community behind it.  But that community better be put to work building DACs or your coin is going to become trash real quick.  

Invest in DPOS (bitshares) and you have vision.
Reclaim3r (OP)

Activity: 139

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:28:26 PM

Alrighty.
So far, I've got:
BitsharesX
NXT
Peercoin

I will look into the other described coins and consider their status as a good PoS coin.

Currently considering:
Blackcoin
Cloackcoin
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:11:37 PM

Alrighty.
So far, I've got:
BitsharesX
NXT
Peercoin

I will look into the other described coins and consider their status as a good PoS coin.

Currently considering:
Blackcoin
Cloackcoin

You could also look into Pandacoin (PND). It's a small coin which has no plan on taking over the world, but it has a nice community and Proof of Stake works well with it.
lovely89

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:01:15 AM

The bulk would be in NXT as the most mature PoS crypto.

A little bit to test waters in NEM, Qora, BitShares. Those can be backup cryptos should NXT fail due to some fatal flaw. The probability of a fatal flaw is less with each passing day. The new PoS coins have yet to prove they don't have fatal flaws, that's why only investing a little in them is advised at this point, but as time goes on this can be reconsidered.

Peercoin is a) not a 100% PoS, and b) not a crypto platform (which wasn't in your question but why not choose 2.0 gen crypto?), I wouldn't consider it.

Oh, and forging is not for profit, at least not right now.

Forging could become profitable in the future, but it will take some time, forging is now mostly a way to support the network you bought a stake in.

Regarding peercoin, you're right, it isn't 2.0 but peershares will be and it pays its dividends in peercoin. This puts peercoin as the backbone currency for peershares and therefore increases demand. I for one wouldnt right them off and think along with bitshare x, they are a steal right now.

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:01:47 AM

Did I mention PoSA and Cloakcoin?

Check it out guys!
meganite

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:29:43 AM

Originally, I cashed out of CEX.io ( still wondering if it's worth going back to it ) and bought NXT in hopes of making a small profit off of Forging.

BIG MISTAKE

Now with what I have left over, I was wondering what a good PoS coin/IPO/Whatever I should invest it in.
Still a newbie to the markets and with so many coin clones floating around, it's hard to find something worthy.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend BlackCoin. Lots of features and development already in real world use, as well as in future deployment. *Very* attractive buy-in price ATM as well. Invite you to check out /r/Blackcoin to get an in depth due diligence.
Reclaim3r (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:25:07 AM

Originally, I cashed out of CEX.io ( still wondering if it's worth going back to it ) and bought NXT in hopes of making a small profit off of Forging.

BIG MISTAKE

Now with what I have left over, I was wondering what a good PoS coin/IPO/Whatever I should invest it in.
Still a newbie to the markets and with so many coin clones floating around, it's hard to find something worthy.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend BlackCoin. Lots of features and development already in real world use, as well as in future deployment. *Very* attractive buy-in price ATM as well. Invite you to check out /r/Blackcoin to get an in depth due diligence.

Hmm, I'll consider adding Blackcoin to my list of things to get when I start getting some BTC ;-)
Qora looks attractive but I'm still struggling to understand where the PoS features comes in. Does it use a similar system as NXT?
Looking into Cloakcoin. As of now, anybody have recommendations for portfolio percentage sizes?
That is, if I were to buy a certain set of PoS cryptos, how much I should invest in each one?
ddnn46

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:48:19 AM

NXT is good coin to invest
newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:54:23 AM

NXT is good coin to invest

no

to OP:

You shouldn't invest in PoS coins but if you feel that you must(I have no clue why some people think this way)

I would recommend peercoin.

but in general, stay away from PoS coins..
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:56:00 AM

Because we talk about Nxt, here is a quick update about the Nxt MultyGateWay and the Nxt DigitalGoodStore.

The MGW is an exchange included in the Nxt client, it use the blockchain to secure coins and transactions. It is the safest existing way of trading altcoins.
The main features are :

- much less centralised than normal exchanges : the only "centralized" part is when you create an address because it send a request to 3 separate servers that will cut the privatekey in 3 parts (one part on each server) and keep it for you (so the client cannot be targeted), all the rest is decentralized on the Nxt blockchain.
- Very flexible : you can exchange any coin on it to any other coin. This is not something that other exchanges usually do.
- extremely LOW fees : the fees are 1 NXT to put an order of any amount. The higher the amount, the lower the fees are in percentage.
- Open to any coin that wants to put in the work

The DGS is a store included in he Nxt client that aim to be the equivalent of eBay but open and decentralized.
The main features are :

- Everyone can open their own "shop" on the blockchain
- low fees
- VERY attractive to independent musicians and game designers

More info on the Nxt forum : https://nxtforum.org

HashFarmer

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:07:35 AM

Peercoin!!!
juicyjuice87

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:18:07 AM

Because we talk about Nxt, here is a quick update about the Nxt MultyGateWay and the Nxt DigitalGoodStore.

The MGW is an exchange included in the Nxt client, it use the blockchain to secure coins and transactions. It is the safest existing way of trading altcoins.
The main features are :

- much less centralised than normal exchanges : the only "centralized" part is when you create an address because it send a request to 3 separate servers that will cut the privatekey in 3 parts (one part on each server) and keep it for you (so the client cannot be targeted), all the rest is decentralized on the Nxt blockchain.
- Very flexible : you can exchange any coin on it to any other coin. This is not something that other exchanges usually do.
- extremely LOW fees : the fees are 1 NXT to put an order of any amount. The higher the amount, the lower the fees are in percentage.

The DGS is a store included in he Nxt client that aim to be the equivalent of eBay but open and decentralized.
The main features are :

- low fees

Fuck yeah NXT is awesome
PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:44:46 AM

The coin with the greatest success in the long term is Cloakcoin
newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:49:09 AM

what the actual fuck??

Cloakcoin has been out for less than a month

Is that what you call long term?

mind = blown

I would call that going full retard - and you never go full retard.
Reclaim3r (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:06:26 PM

I think that may be a bit of an overstatement.
Although it does have potential, it has only been out for a month, so it may be too early to state something like that.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:50:14 PM

what the actual fuck??

Cloakcoin has been out for less than a month

Is that what you call long term?

mind = blown

I would call that going full retard - and you never go full retard.

He meant it will have success in the long-term, not that it has had success since a long time.
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:17:36 PM

The main features are :

The main features are :

- low fees

You know how to sell. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: